Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

About to order a 535d sport- opinions please

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 05:18 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Due May 2006: 530d SE Touring, Automatic, Titanium Grey, beige leather comfort seats, light poplar wood trim, sports steering wheel, graduated tinted windscreen, panoramic sunroof, pro radio, logic 7, 6CD, visibility pack, storage compartment pack, adv aircon

Just ordered a 530d SE touring from Drivethedeal.com
Fantastic service so far from the supplying dealer. Doesn't feel like "discount" service.
Also couldn't seem to get the inclusive servicing from other discounters.

As for options, it depends to a degree when you plan to sell on.
If you're looking at three years, then Media pack might be a good idea.
Personally I prefer devices like TomTom or PDA based navs, as they are more flexible in allowing you to add POIs to them - so can get speed camera locations on the nav.
I have read a way to get this onto the BMW nav, but you need an advanced degree in computer science and a Linux machine to do it !
Plus I plan on keeping the car for about 5 years, at which point any built in SatNav will practically be antique.
I have PDA-based SatNav which I use on the odd occasion I need such a thing, plus a bluetooth hands free device for the phone, so over ?2k seemed a bit painful.
I may live to regret it in the end, but in the meantime I can have more fun with that ?2k

I'm sure you'll enjoy the car though - tested the 535D and loved it. Just felt that the upgraded power of the 530D shrank the difference between the two. But if the money and the will is there . . . go for it

Just my 2cw.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:07 AM
Members

hello all

pretty new to this site but i have been following the forum for a while.

excellent chioce of car.... 535d sport... exact car i plan to get... whn i can afford it (got2 get thru uni first, lol)

anyways, just thought i wud ask if anyone has used www.autoebid.co.uk ?..... its supposed to be a very good service and has had rave reviews in the press... but i dont know if its any good personally.

you can buy a car brand new to your own spec for a fixed discounted price the website has..... or, u put ur spec up on the site and dealers from around the uk can bid to supply you the car... cheapest bid wins ......but i dont think you are bound to buy if i go through this process.

probably heard about this already, just thought i wud add it anyway in case its been missed, after all, we all wanna pay the cheapest price
Old 03-27-2006, 06:22 AM
Members

My Ride: Dec 55 535d sport, Carbon Black, Dakota Black Leather, Electric Sunroof, Media Package, Visiblity Package with Adaptive Bi-Xenons & Headlight Wash, Folding mirrors, 19" M172 wheels, Rear spoiler, Sun Protection Glass

Originally Posted by nbusbridge' post='260630' date='Mar 27 2006, 09:18 AM
Fantastic service so far from the supplying dealer. Doesn't feel like "discount" service.
Thanks nusbridge, will have a look when I get back home, they are uk cars aren't they? To be honest, a used one would be good but there's that great feeling you get when you pick up a new motor!

Am so glad have come onto this forum, so many helpful members, :-p
Old 03-27-2006, 10:00 AM
Members

My Ride: Due May 2006: 530d SE Touring, Automatic, Titanium Grey, beige leather comfort seats, light poplar wood trim, sports steering wheel, graduated tinted windscreen, panoramic sunroof, pro radio, logic 7, 6CD, visibility pack, storage compartment pack, adv aircon

I was dead pleased to find this forum too.
Miles better than any of the other E60 ones.

Drivethedeal cars are all UK cars sourced through UK dealers

Good luck
Old 03-27-2006, 11:36 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530d Touring
Model Year: 2007

Some thing to consider is the amount these cars loose in the first 6 months, it is staggering!

Expect to loose in the region of ?7k to ?15k depending on spec., or look at it another way and think how much you could save.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:04 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Current - 330 Sport Topaz Blue, Grey Leather, HK HIFI...lost interest!! Waiting for - 535d Sport, Silver Grey, Foldy Mirrors, 172 19",Logic7,Pro Radio,Through load,Heated Front Seats,High Gloss shadowline,Black Maple,Headlight wash,Sun Protection Glass.

Originally Posted by zerocool242001' post='260320' date='Mar 26 2006, 10:11 PM
Cheers pal, wondering if should ditch the logic 7 and go for an aftermarket solution. Wish could afford the professional navigation but so hefty- nearly ?2,000
Sun protection glass lookgs great ona siver Grey...
Old 03-27-2006, 01:26 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: On Order, due in May - 2007MY 530D SE, Silver Grey, Black Dakota, Auto, Brushed aluminium shadowline,sports seats / wheel, hi fi speakers, mats, space saver wheel and a few more bits

Originally Posted by nbusbridge' post='260630' date='Mar 27 2006, 03:18 PM

As for options, it depends to a degree when you plan to sell on.
If you're looking at three years, then Media pack might be a good idea.
Personally I prefer devices like TomTom or PDA based navs, as they are more flexible in allowing you to add POIs to them - so can get speed camera locations on the nav.
I have read a way to get this onto the BMW nav, but you need an advanced degree in computer science and a Linux machine to do it !
Plus I plan on keeping the car for about 5 years, at which point any built in SatNav will practically be antique.
I have PDA-based SatNav which I use on the odd occasion I need such a thing, plus a bluetooth hands free device for the phone, so over ?2k seemed a bit painful.
I may live to regret it in the end, but in the meantime I can have more fun with that ?2k

I'm sure you'll enjoy the car though - tested the 535D and loved it. Just felt that the upgraded power of the 530D shrank the difference between the two. But if the money and the will is there . . . go for it

Just my 2cw.

I, like you ordered a 530 D without bluetooth or sat nav. My budget was really 520 D territory bur 40 next month so why not

I'm a bit out of date with phones but can get a "car kit" through work but dont want my new E60 butchering for a non bluetooth set up. How do you get bluetooth to work without a car set up?
Old 03-27-2006, 10:14 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E61 535d sport, Silver Grey/grey/maple. 20" Hartge Nova 7. Previously 19" staggered 172s

Originally Posted by gIzzE' post='260831' date='Mar 27 2006, 09:36 PM
Some thing to consider is the amount these cars loose in the first 6 months, it is staggering!

Expect to loose in the region of ?7k to ?15k depending on spec., or look at it another way and think how much you could save.
The only problem with this Guy is accessing it. I initially went for lightly used (as usual) but the saving was little more than the reduction in mileage/warranty time required, and for that I had to accept a compromise spec. Once I found the level of new discount available it became a 'no brainer' to buy new.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:22 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: (E60) 535D M-Sport (DMS)

Originally Posted by gIzzE' post='260831' date='Mar 27 2006, 03:36 PM

All cars take the biggest hot in the 1st 6-12 months.

I purchased my car from a BMW main dealer (it was the DP's car/demo) & as you can see from my sig below, almost all the option boxes were ticked when it was ordered from the factory. List price when brand new including all the options was just over ?49000 & i paid ?37500 for a 5 month 7K mile example.

My assumption is that if you really want plenty of toys/options, you're best looking at ex dealer/demo cars. If you want a totally vanilla car then brand new is OK, but the depreciation will still be heavy & the car harder to sell on when you want to change.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:34 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by gIzzE' post='260831' date='Mar 27 2006, 09:36 PM

This is certainly true - but there are swings and roundabouts.

I wanted to avoid the big depreciation hit in yr 1. In the end I bought a car just short of 2 years old.

Original price was probably circa ?39K - I paid ?24K. If I run it for 3 years it's end up worth about ?7k as a trade in.

I make that a loss of ?15K in the 20 months or so and then ?7K a year loss thereafter - so depreciation is actually fairly flat.

I am worried though about the warranty expiring ....

Quick Reply: About to order a 535d sport- opinions please