Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

545 Sport BAD Full Car Vibration at all speeds!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 05:53 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have become picky out of sheer embarrassment as peers, family and clients can?t believe my car is always in the shop

I have tried other dealers; Westchester is one of the Best around my area.

I think the problem is twofold

Technicians on not properly putting in the diagnostics for several reasons, mainly they are running out of patience with the complexity of these vehicles and some just could care less as long as they put in X hours a week and grab a check every Friday. Every dealership is struggling to get good technicians these days. Bad techs are a dime a dozen.

Now aside from this BMW components from ZF and other vendors just are not reliable enough. Software has more bugs than promises and it is obvious they are exhilarating to drive but Mercedes Benz and BWW have the poorest quality ratings to date.

Many buyers are switching teams to Asian automakers and can you blame them.

I have my Lemon Law papers in the office I await the GM of the dealer to call me this week. I already told his colleagues I do not want a replacement, 2 E60 loaners had quirks as well and if they dealer took appointments less than 4 weeks and didn?t hold on to the car for 5-7 days I wouldn?t mind one bit but at least fix it.

45+ loaners in their fleet and they are always taken I have been told. Makes you wonder.
Old 07-08-2005, 06:06 PM
Members

My Ride: 545i Titanium gray poplar l Sports package l Logic 7 l PDC NAV l sunshades l chromed 124's l ski bag l euro tint

Sorry man. For the record, I love my E60. It looks great and there are few cars that can match its power and looks where I live. I have had it in a few times but nothing like what you describe. The dealer I have locally is excellent. True, they did try to blow me off a few times about questions I had but after I got to know them, they began to take me seriously. Now I have no problem at all. I have to tell you that the loaners they give me might make you squirm because they come from the used car dealership that the dealer also owns. I have never driven a BMW loaner. It has always been something about $40,000 less. Good luck!!
Old 07-11-2005, 01:47 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i; Manual Shifter

Ziering,

Just out of curiosity, is the dealer you are bringing your car to the same dealer you leased the car from?

Also, it seems you are just one unlucky person. I mean, a new tire and THAT TOO was defective.

I'm not making fun here, but I am sorry you have to go through this. I would be very upset if I were in your shoes.

For what it's worth, it does sound like the dealership you are working with is unprofessional. They are certainly leaving a bad taste in your mouth. Afterall, once your lease is up you're going to need another car. I guess they just don't realize that.

I've been very pleased with my 545 (July '04 build) and have not had major issues with it. *knocks on wood right away*
Old 07-14-2005, 06:17 AM
Senior Members

I?m with BMW of North America, LLC. I?m so sorry to read about these problems with your 545i. We are here to work with you and your BMW center, and we sincerely want to help. If you would like our assistance, please phone us at (800) 831-1117 or email us at CustomerRelations@bmwusa.com, and mention Reference #200519500159 so that we can help you more efficiently.
Old 07-14-2005, 07:44 AM
Contributors

Soundsl ike a bad series of events.. while we've all had issues with the E60, there seems to be some irony with your case.

My question is how are you spending $2000 a month? did you finance this car? Even filling up twice a week, which is an aweful lot, is about $320 a month ($40 a tank x 2 x 4 weeks)... Insurance is what, about a grand or $1200 a year, depending on where you live (I am in S. Fla and pay just under a grand PER YEAR)... so that's another $100 a month.. that leaves nearly $1600 a month in payments? whats up with that? did you finance the entire amount for 36 months or something?

good luck on the repairs! Hope you can enjoy the car for what it is meant for!
Old 07-14-2005, 08:56 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Ziering545I' date='Jul 8 2005, 08:53 PM
it is obvious they are exhilarating to drive but Mercedes Benz and BWW have the poorest quality ratings to date.

[snapback]147135[/snapback]

Latest 2005 JD Power INitial Quality Rankings have BMW ranked 3rd behind Lexus, and Jaguar, but finising ahead of Infinit, Acura, Honda, and Toyota so your analysis is no all together factual.
Old 07-14-2005, 02:35 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i; Manual Shifter

Originally Posted by silver bullet' date='Jul 14 2005, 09:56 AM
[quote name='Ziering545I' date='Jul 8 2005, 08:53 PM']it is obvious they are exhilarating to drive but Mercedes Benz and BWW have the poorest quality ratings to date.

[snapback]147135[/snapback]

Latest 2005 JD Power INitial Quality Rankings have BMW ranked 3rd behind Lexus, and Jaguar, but finising ahead of Infinit, Acura, Honda, and Toyota so your analysis is no all together factual.
[snapback]149089[/snapback]
[/quote]
Interesting.
I wonder where Mercedes would fall into that ranking.
Old 07-14-2005, 02:44 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i, Black on Black, cold weather pkg, Logic 7 sound, steptronic.

Originally Posted by Ziering545I' date='Jul 8 2005, 08:00 AM
I had two new OEM rims installed then I had the car balanced and it wasnt so bad

I had dealer replace all 4 Dunlops

Now the car is worse than ever

I picked it up last night after 2 weeks in the shop and I returned this morning

I think whomever did the Roadforce on the Hunter GSP did not do it correctly

It almost feels like the driveshaft is causing this but I doubt it

My other suspicion is that my entire fuel tank was empty so it was driven and maybe a tech bent my rims again

This car is torturing me every day
[snapback]146940[/snapback]

Any chance this vibration appeared only after SIP 17.01 (the software that solved the Slam issue)? I've had vibration on my car as well, though not as bad as what you are reporting.

I never noticed the vibration until 17.01 had been installed.