Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

535d

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2004, 12:40 PM
Racer

The dealer said that Orient Blue was no longer avaialable, So it was a choice between Mystic or Onyx on the individule option.

It is very confusing and you need good dealer to talk you thru all the options.

I hope I like it when it turns up. I will let you know and post some photos.

Racer
Old 10-20-2004, 12:42 AM

Hi 535DSE, please post more about your driving experience and economy what you get a moment.
Just how fast does it accelerate?
Did you consider the sport package?
(very considerate of you to get heated rear seats!! - Or are you often driven by a driver ?)
may I ask - what was your previous car ?
What kind of discount can you get on UK list ?
You didn't say in the spec above - but I take it you had the steptronic auto!
By the way I love the colour .
Old 10-20-2004, 01:00 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on your new ride! Nice color combo.
Old 10-20-2004, 02:14 AM
Members

Re Individual Eqpt 1, spoke to my dealer yesterday he got more details. You are right on Orient Blue, no longer available. The 2 choices I am looking at are Carbon Black or Mystic Blue, didn't feel like paying an extra ?1,600 for Onyx
THe eqpt 1 includes: full leather inc dashboard covering, Alcantara headlining, individual wood (3 to choose from). Also includes the sport steering wheel with leather inserts only on SE model not the sport ones....
Should have a full brochure later on today
Old 10-20-2004, 03:44 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535D

All the 535D are steptronic auto.

Re. Indiviual package I also spoke to the dealer yesterday. Here they still have only old brochures with Packages 2 and 3. The same appplies to the available
extras (actually only 152 v-style rims and bicolour steering wheel)and prices.
No news about Package 1 or anything like lighted I-Drive knob at all.
BTW do you mean that one is to pay extra money for Onyx compared to Carbon Black or you you don't want to pay extra compared to Orient Blue ar any other standard colour. Another thing is that as per BMW Individual web-site the steering wheel should have respective WOOD inserts and not leather as you said.
Old 10-20-2004, 03:52 AM
Members

In the UK for the sport model Carbon Black is actually offered as a standard colour so no extra. To get Onyx you have to go thru Individual and the cost is ?1600 for the colour only. The cost of Eqpt 1 ex v spoke wheels and paint is ?5,000. Dealer was adamant that the sport model won't come with the wood insert steering wheel, only the SE models will come with it.
I hope to get the brochure later on today and will give more details
Old 10-20-2004, 04:52 AM
Senior Members

Racer, what % discount did you manage to get? No need to name the dealer but it would be of great benefit to others to know how keen dealers are to sell the cars just now. It's always better to place your order as late as possible in the last week of the third month in each quarter as they have sales targets to achieve and if they haven't hit them this is the time they will do "deals".

I hope you got a healthy discount because the residuals on the 5 are not good at the moment and adding the individual option (which will make your car look fantastic by the way) is only akin to loading a briefcase with ?5k in cash and setting fire to it. In fact a dealer may even penalise you come trade in time as it may make the car harder to sell.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:08 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535D

cpd1, I wonder if you take some colour which is not BMW 5-series Individual (for ex. I like Sterling Grey - standard for Z3 and 7-series- or Mineral Silver - standard for 6-series) you wud have to pay the same 1,500 pounds?
Old 10-20-2004, 11:51 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Oct 20 2004, 02:42 AM
Hi 535DSE, please post more about your driving experience and economy what you get a moment.
Just how fast does it accelerate?
Did you consider the sport package?
(very considerate of you to get heated rear seats!! - Or are you often driven by a driver ?)
may I ask - what was your previous car ?
What kind of discount can you get on UK list ?
You didn't say in the spec above - but I take it you had the steptronic auto!
By the way I love the colour .
[snapback]46977[/snapback]
Hi The car is the best I've had.I love it.
I like almost everything about it at the moment.
The rear seat heating is the wrong way round!(the left button heats the right seat and the right button the left seat)Anyone know how to remove the rear wood panel without damaging it?
The performance is amazing.I'm still using partial throttle and not full revs,but like this it has more urge than my fathers 645!!
This engine is trully the best part of this car.
I have major roadworks near where I live so 90% of my travel is in traffic,but I'm still getting 31mpg at the moment.So this will only go up.I'm impressed,my dad gets 16mpg fromhis 645.
I got 4% discount.I had ordered a 530d,and I had a 6.4% discount on that,but when the 535 was announced,I opted for that.
With regard to the sport package,I like the look (I will probably change the bumpers on mine) but it wasn't available in Amathyst,and more importantly I wanted the most compliant ride possible.I have had a spinal operation.
My last car was a 2003 Mercedes ML.The BMW quality is farv better.
The heated rear seats were for my daughter.The Merc never had them in the back,and she used to complain!
Regards
Simon
Old 10-20-2004, 12:06 PM
Contributors

how can I convert mpg into liters/100 km.
thanks

Quick Reply: 535d