The Competition Discuss the competition to the BMW 5 Series here. Mercedes, Audi, etc...

What's your opinion on the G35 Sedan?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 11:53 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I might buy this car depending on the release date of the 08 535i.
Old 03-03-2007, 02:30 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i "Ben Hogan's 5 Iron" SilverGrey/Black Sport, L7, NAV, CW, AS, Split FR 2003 Audi A4 3.0 CVT "Part of the Moniker" Silver/Ebony, Prem, CW, Star 17s

Originally Posted by BMWGuy' post='398105' date='Mar 3 2007, 04:53 PM
If your short on $$ and want some go, its a fine choice. Not for me. Looks better in pictures than in real life, and this says alot. Test drove the old one and its nice.

I'd save and get a bimmer first or the new A4 (late fall intro).
Old 03-04-2007, 05:26 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i, Jet Black, Auburn leather, Sport, Premium, Cold Weather, Prem Sound, Steptronic, PDC, Comfort Seats, NAV, Shades, SAT 2006 325i Cabrio, Electric Red, Beige leather, Sport, Premium, Prem Sound, Steptronic, Heated seats Previous Bimmers: 2004 330i ZHP, Imola Red, Black leather, Premium, Steptronic, Heated seats 2002 325i, Orient Blue, Beige leather, Premium

Originally Posted by BMWGuy' post='398105' date='Mar 3 2007, 02:53 PM
See the latest issue of Car and Driver. There is a comparo between the G35S and e90 328i. Car and Driver chose the 328i as the winner even with the 328i having 60 or so less bhp...now just imagine the margin further increased with the 335i. If you want to save a few dollars and still want a G35, go get a decked out Nissan Maxima.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:29 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 530 Titanium Silver/Sexy black

G35 is for kids in my opinion and in no way can you compare that to an E60. Maybe an IS250 or something.
Old 03-04-2007, 11:37 AM
Members

The 5 series is what I really want. Plus the 5 series is the only car I like(besides the g35) that's under 50k, which is what I can afford right now. Anyways, I'm willing to wait until April but if news comes out that the 08 5 series won't be out until May, June, etc.. I'm going to get the G35. I can get myself the current model, but I want the updated 535.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: No mods

g35 is a nice car, but isnt a BMW. go with the 535 and PROcede it. i would trade my car in a second to get a 535, but i have no $$. most of the time, ppl who buy infiniti are worried BMW's reliability. these ppl are known as p*ssies.
Old 03-04-2007, 01:27 PM
Contributors

535's are coming soon, you can order them already..why wait? put $500 then backout if you dont like it..LOL
Old 03-07-2007, 11:13 AM
Members

What a comments about non BMW brands, let me tell you that not a long time ago I had my e60 and totaled it due to a flat non run flat tire at 120MPH. After looking for a replacement I ended up getting left over 330i with most goodies, car is fine but I feel so cramped in there that sometimes I just want to get out of that claustrophobic cabin si I gave it to my wife. E60 is out of question for me and you know why, so I ended up getting my self 07 G35s with manual tranny standard LSD and comfort access. Let me tell you that car can move it's as quick as 335i in real world, interior is much nicer compare to the old G and it's more refined as well but still give you that raw feel that none of current 3 or 5 offer. Calling g owners pussies was very funny comment the same as you hear some idiots saying having BMW is gay . All I can say is I dont miss my e60 a bit now infact I was getting bored with it shortly before accident happened.
For next couple of years I'll wait for upcomming 5 till then I'll enjoy my G35, and I was sceptical about that car as most on this board but not anymore.
FYI Maxima is FWD while G is RWD and most of you know it.
Old 03-08-2007, 07:33 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i "Ben Hogan's 5 Iron" SilverGrey/Black Sport, L7, NAV, CW, AS, Split FR 2003 Audi A4 3.0 CVT "Part of the Moniker" Silver/Ebony, Prem, CW, Star 17s

Originally Posted by BMWN' post='399772' date='Mar 7 2007, 04:13 PM
What a comments about non BMW brands, let me tell you that not a long time ago I had my e60 and totaled it due to a flat non run flat tire at 120MPH. After looking for a replacement I ended up getting left over 330i with most goodies, car is fine but I feel so cramped in there that sometimes I just want to get out of that claustrophobic cabin si I gave it to my wife. E60 is out of question for me and you know why, so I ended up getting my self 07 G35s with manual tranny standard LSD and comfort access. Let me tell you that car can move it's as quick as 335i in real world, interior is much nicer compare to the old G and it's more refined as well but still give you that raw feel that none of current 3 or 5 offer. Calling g owners pussies was very funny comment the same as you hear some idiots saying having BMW is gay . All I can say is I dont miss my e60 a bit now infact I was getting bored with it shortly before accident happened.
For next couple of years I'll wait for upcomming 5 till then I'll enjoy my G35, and I was sceptical about that car as most on this board but not anymore.
Congrats and enjoy. Most here are longing for the F10. Note to self: set alarm clock for 2009.

I dig the 3 series and would say its the best looking car in its class, at least till the new A4 comes out. I really like the 3 coupe, but its way too small. Sat in that car a bunch of times and it just won't work. Even tried kidding myself with no luck.

The G35 has more room and feels more spacious. So good choice here. As for the Maxima, I've said it before, its horribly ugly and looks like a Salmon that just spawned left dying in the stream. Only eclipsed by the dreadful Pontiac Aztec!!!

CVT Benhogan :>P
Old 03-22-2007, 09:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by BMWN' post='399772' date='Mar 7 2007, 03:13 PM
The new G35 looks OK and not very unique. It's fast when compared to a 530i; Anyways, if you like G35, good for you. You're probably getting a bang for your buck. But if you like a BMW 535i, I would say that an excellent choice if you're willing to spend more. Just whatever makes you happy and good things come to those who wait.

Engine wise, you're really comparing a TT i6 to a NA v6. I used to like NA engines, but I think TT technology is making leaps and bounds toward efficiency compared to NA engines. Performance wise (tranny, suspension, handling, etc), I think BMW is superior out of the box; hence, you pay alittle more. Material and craftmanship, I think this is too subjective to compare.

Quick Reply: What's your opinion on the G35 Sedan?