The Competition Discuss the competition to the BMW 5 Series here. Mercedes, Audi, etc...

ML63 AMG

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 11:02 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535d (4/05) M Sport, Carbon black, Black dakota leather, Sport seats, Xenon, Navi prof, Hi-fi pack, AS, BT, PDC, Sunroof

Does anybody know when the new ML63 AMG would be coming out? Pricing details much appreciated too. Thnx
Old 01-18-2006, 03:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

don't tell me you are after that car????
Old 01-18-2006, 04:45 AM
SKK
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Peter530i' post='225875' date='Jan 18 2006, 12:17 PM
Actually the new ML is a very nice vehicle - much better than it predecessor which was frankly very poor. When I drove the new ML I was quite impressed with it. I would rate it above the current X5, but hopefully the new X5 will slam the door shut again.
Old 01-18-2006, 05:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

Originally Posted by SKK' post='225889
Actually the new ML is a very nice vehicle - much better than it predecessor which was frankly very poor. When I drove the new ML I was quite impressed with it. I would rate it above the current X5, but hopefully the new X5 will slam the door shut again.
[/quote]

correct the new ML is way over the old one (what a piece of ....).
the new X5 will take over the ML.... and so what it has AMG engine if the car can't hanle it
Old 01-18-2006, 07:48 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2003 X5 3.0----->gone 2004 Porsche Cayenne S : Gemballa front and back bodykit, fabspeed bypass pipes, Gemballa exhaust pipes, full option, 20" factory sport design rims------>gone 2005 545i 6-spd manual---->de-badged, CDV removal, Autosolutions short shift kit, resonator removal, premium package, PDC, xenon, almost full options, hardwire V1 install ....looking for mods... 2007 550i 6-spd----> Premium package, sport package, Logic7, heated everything, Rogue Engineering SSK, CDV removal, hardwire V1 install, aFe cold air intake, Custom Magnaflow exhaust....

Originally Posted by Peter530i' post='225904
Originally Posted by Peter530i' post='225875' date='Jan 18 2006, 12:17 PM
correct the new ML is way over the old one (what a piece of ....).
the new X5 will take over the ML.... and so what it has AMG engine if the car can't hanle it
[/quote]

hey hey....let's not trashtalk AMG before the ML 63 comes out.

0-60 it would trounce our 545-550...even the cayenne turbo i heard...has to be a heck of a car. And its an SUV, so I would guess that the chassis would be better equipped to handle the power.
Old 01-18-2006, 10:18 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d (4/05) M Sport, Carbon black, Black dakota leather, Sport seats, Xenon, Navi prof, Hi-fi pack, AS, BT, PDC, Sunroof

[/quote]

hey hey....let's not trashtalk AMG before the ML 63 comes out.

0-60 it would trounce our 545-550...even the cayenne turbo i heard...has to be a heck of a car. And its an SUV, so I would guess that the chassis would be better equipped to handle the power.
[/quote]

I agree with you, lets give it a chance. The engine is supposed to be out of this world.

http://www.germancarfans.com/news.cf...id/2050713.001 .

It was announced quite a long way ago and I havent heard anything since so I just wanted to know if I've missed something.
Old 01-18-2006, 10:33 AM
Senior Members

I want more sport feel than off road feel. A ML or any jeep can't give ut that even if it's the sporties model. You may be wondering why i didn't get the 3 then or a 1 or z4. Well the e60 looks absolutley stunning and it's a heart stealer. And the 3 liter TT diesel wasn't offered on smth smaller. But a jeep is a total different story. I would anytime pick a 7 ofer a jeep. Don't like too much the height thingie...let's just say i have a problem with heights .

And another thing is that i really don't need an jeep or SUV as u call it. For what? To climb on the tarmac? I drive my car 99.999999% of the time on roads that have good tarmac. And also drive 70% of the time in city. So why would i need an suv? AAAAND if u need an suv for off road why pick a jewel of a car like an AMG version or a turbo cayenne and drive it on steaps or mud or in miserable conditions? A mitsu or smth way cheaper and designed specialy for that is a better option. I really don't get those gas guggling monsters on 4 wheels. Is it smth to do with grandomany? I don't know...
Old 01-18-2006, 11:11 AM
Senior Members

ML63AMG..............whats the purpose with this car .......what is the purpose with sport SUV?s anyway??? 500 hp in a jeep? Talk about runaway train.....
Old 01-18-2006, 11:25 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by cidair' post='226061' date='Jan 18 2006, 03:11 PM
ML63AMG..............whats the purpose with this car .......what is the purpose with sport SUV?s anyway??? 500 hp in a jeep? Talk about runaway train.....
Exactly... :thumbsdown:
Old 01-18-2006, 04:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by cidair' post='226061' date='Jan 18 2006, 12:11 PM
Same argument applies across the board. It's not like anyone truly needs a 507 HP M5 either

Quick Reply: ML63 AMG