The Competition Discuss the competition to the BMW 5 Series here. Mercedes, Audi, etc...

Look to buy an 2009 LS 460

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 08:59 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

I'm thinking of buying an LS 460 and have read on the clublexus forum. What do my bimmer compadres think? Be honest and don't tell me things I already know . .. like Lexus handling sucks. For a 3rd year built, I can't seem to find a rim/tire mod and body kit that looks sporty, yet, doesn't look like a typical modded Japanese car or ghetto riding on 22"? I don't prefer the add on types like what ACS did to the 5 er either.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by Bimmer32
I'm thinking of buying an LS 460 and have read on the clublexus forum. What do my bimmer compadres think? Be honest and don't tell me things I already know . .. like Lexus handling sucks. For a 3rd year built, I can't seem to find a rim/tire mod and body kit that looks sporty, yet, doesn't look like a typical modded Japanese car or ghetto riding on 22"? I don't prefer the add on types like what ACS did to the 5 er either.
Well, great electronics, great leather, beautiful interior, awesome stereo, awesome nav, great reliability, great comfort, decent power and crappy, numb handling.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by sdg1871
Well, great electronics, great leather, beautiful interior, awesome stereo, awesome nav, great reliability, great comfort, decent power and crappy, numb handling.
The more I look into it, the more I get discourage. The wife wants it but only likes to be the passenger. This 2009 is fully loaded with 2K miles on it, has all the options except for pre-collision and park guidane, and cost $60K. Can't I get a new E class for that price? What you think? I'm avoid another 5 er because we have one already and want to have something different. Any suggests would be appreciated.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

The more I look into it, the more I get discourage. The wife wants it but only likes to be the passenger. This 2009 is fully loaded with 2K miles on it, has all the options except for pre-collision and park guidane, and cost $60K. Can't I get a new E class for that price? What you think? I'm avoid another 5 er because we have one already and want to have something different. Any suggests would be appreciated.
$60k will get you an E350. Snoozerama if you ask me. Test drive the new Infiniti M45 and see what you think. They are excelent cars with very strong handling and excellent power. Infinti M also has the largest interior in the class.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:20 PM
Senior Members

The LS is pure comfort and luxury and shouldn't be compared to an E Class... As a passenger, you cant get much better than this car for this price!
Old 04-06-2010, 06:14 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 535i M Sport 6MT
Model Year: 2010

That's the reason why we have a Lexus LS also - my wife loves to be a passenger in it. Not a driver's car, but very comfortable. Definitely a passenger's car. It's well equipped with NAV / SAT / Mark Levinson / comfort access, soft-close, and reliable (in my case). Nothing but oil change and tire rotation. Service interval resets, filters, etc are all DIY.
Old 04-06-2010, 02:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 M5 alpine white, black full leather, etc.

Driving the lexus with the engine on or off is the same: silence. You can't hear hear it at all. The sensation is a total disconnect with the road.
Old 04-06-2010, 04:21 PM
lim
Senior Members

My Ride: e60

Originally Posted by 1600
Driving the lexus with the engine on or off is the same: silence. You can't hear hear it at all. The sensation is a total disconnect with the road.
+1 yep if you enjoy feedback and sounds from driving then its not for you; if you enjoy hearing nothing as you run over a deer then get one

Then again one of my colleagues drives a pearl white LS460 and complains after a tire change that he can 'sort of hear tire noise at high speed'
Old 04-06-2010, 05:06 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sdg1871
$60k will get you an E350. Snoozerama if you ask me. Test drive the new Infiniti M45 and see what you think. They are excelent cars with very strong handling and excellent power. Infinti M also has the largest interior in the class.
The wife dislikes Infiniti. She would rather get a F10 535i before touching an Infiniti. The E series has not grown on me yet. It still looks like a Hyundai or vice versa from the rear. The front end looks nice though. My father is trying to load off his 09 LS 460 (2K miles) pearl white, so we thought we would take it. But now, I'm having second thoughts. I am afraid that I might be bored of it quick.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:06 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

No.

Quick Reply: Look to buy an 2009 LS 460