The Competition Discuss the competition to the BMW 5 Series here. Mercedes, Audi, etc...

Help please... 525i or infiniti m45!!!

Old 10-24-2005, 09:30 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2013 535i (White with Oyster Interior. Premium Package, Navigation, Technology Pacakge, Park Distance Control, and Rear View Camera)

How long are you going to keep the car?? M45 is a better buy, but after 3-4 years, it's a car nobody cares. 525i will keep it's value much longer than M45, but you get a smaller engine.
By the way, the current M45 is much better looking than the perious M45. The older design last less than 3 years, it has no resell value, I hope the new one do better. Good luck
Old 10-24-2005, 10:54 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well there is about 30months left on the lease of the infiniti m45 left.
So I would have it for about that time and at the end of the lease i can just return the car or buy it or even sell it.
GABMAN thank you for your insight.
Well to start off the insurance is actually the same thing. It's actually 100$ more a year for the infiniti and I don't need to put a boomerang. As for the fact that it is a v8 and that gas will be very expensive, you make a great point. As for the tires the m45 sport comes with 19" rims. I actually found a great deal for bridgestone blizzax in 19" from tirerack.com for about 850$ US shipped to Montreal.
If you can give me insight on infiniti's that would be great. I have never owned one and since you've had 2 then you know alot more about this brand then I do. I have to admit i think the 5 series look is nicer on the outside but the m45 is very nice as well. What's truly selling me on the m45 is that the gadgets are incredible. The entertainement system is incredible the navigation systeme is awesome, the sound system is wow!!! with those 2 speakers next to the headrests of the seats, the voice activation everything is awesome, teh rearview camera is outstanding, the intelligent cruise control is genius( i know bmw offers this but it's like a 3000$ option!!!) and to top it all off it has a 335 horspower 340 pounds of torque V8 4.5 liter monster engine. I am really dissapointed that i won't have a manuel transmission... I'm a six speed kind of guy but with that kind of power it doesn't matter...
I always said to myself growing up that I will get a bmw when I can afford a top of the line one, meaning a 545/550 or a 330 or whatever.
That was my goal, i didn't want to get a bmw just to say i drive a bmw. And with the 525 I feel that that's the case. D'ont get me wrong it's an awesome car and I think it is just stunning and i am very lucky and thatnkful that at the age of 27 I can even afford that... But i'm a man of power and I just feel that the 525i lacks it... I felt while testdriving it that I was constantly flooring it to feel some sort of speed.
So to conclude I think I will end up taking the m45 and eventually in 3 years I will drive by bmw and finally get a 550 or a M5 :-)...
All this advice has been very helpful in my decision making and i really appreciate it.
Thank you all very much. And i'll still be on this website day in day out checking up on whats going on in the bmw world.
Old 10-25-2005, 02:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i -Brilliant Graphite/Oyster 2006 E5004matic- I must have been on drugs when I got this car 2004 545i Black Sapphire/Truffle Brown interior

Originally Posted by youyou' date='Oct 25 2005, 01:54 AM
Well there is about 30months left on the lease of the infiniti m45 left.
So I would have it for about that time and at the end of the lease i can just return the car or buy it or even sell it.
GABMAN? thank you for your insight.
Well to start off the insurance is actually the same thing. It's actually 100$ more a year for the infiniti and I don't need to put a boomerang. As for the fact that it is a v8 and that gas will be very expensive, you make a great point.? As for the tires the m45 sport comes with 19" rims. I actually found a great deal for bridgestone blizzax in 19" from tirerack.com for about 850$ US shipped to Montreal.
If you can give me insight on infiniti's that would be great. I have never owned one and since you've had 2 then you know alot more about this brand then I do. I have to admit i think the 5 series look is nicer on the outside but the m45 is very nice as well. What's truly selling me on the m45 is that the gadgets? are incredible. The entertainement system is incredible the navigation systeme is awesome, the sound system is wow!!! with those 2 speakers next to the headrests of the seats, the voice activation everything is awesome, teh rearview camera is outstanding, the intelligent cruise control is genius( i know bmw offers this but it's like a 3000$ option!!!) and to top it all off it has a 335 horspower 340 pounds of torque V8 4.5 liter monster engine. I am really dissapointed that i won't have a manuel transmission... I'm a six speed kind of guy but with that kind of power it doesn't matter...
I always said to myself growing up that I will get a bmw when I can afford a top of the line one, meaning a 545/550 or a 330 or whatever.
That was my goal, i didn't want to get a bmw just to say i drive a bmw. And with the 525 I feel that? that's the case. D'ont get me wrong it's an awesome car and I think it is just stunning and i am very lucky and thatnkful that at the age of 27 I can even afford that... But i'm a man of power and I just feel that the 525i lacks it... I felt while testdriving it that I was constantly flooring it to feel some sort of speed.
So to conclude I think I will end up taking the m45 and eventually in 3 years I will drive by bmw and finally get a 550 or a M5 :-)...
All this advice has been very helpful in my decision making and i really appreciate it.
Thank you all very much. And i'll still be on this website day in day out checking up on whats going on in the bmw world.
[snapback]188317[/snapback]
YouYou

Can't say that I blame you, you are getting quite the car, enjoy it. My previous Infiniti's were serviced at Meridien, they are pretty good. If I recall I think the M45 has a better warranty (100,000 KMS) instead of BMW's 80,000 KMS. I am curious about the $20,000.00 that the previous owner put down on this car. Is it perhaps a refundable security deposit? Many people are doing this now, they put down a large chunk of cash to lower the interest payment within the lease and at the end of the term of the lease the deposit is fully refundable. Ask the guy to show you his lease. You are right about the sound system, those speakers in the headrest are awesome. The only problems that I had with both of my Infiniti's were the brakes, they wore very fast. As a matter of fact on my previous G35, Infiniti landed up issueing a warranty up to 60,000 kms and refunded me over $800.00 that I had paid in brake repairs. They probably have since corrected the problem.

However you earn your money, make sure to keep earning it because after this car you won't want to trade down, and it will be time for the 550.

Also the Blue Tooth is very cool, not sure who your Cell phone provider is however if it is Bell, they just introduced the motorola E815 which is working great on my 545I, you have to get a blue tooth cell phone if you don't already have one.

Anyways, enjoy and watch out for the men in blue, I have already made a few donations to their cause.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

you're going to post pics of this M45 thing you've decided on right? I mean you do owe us at least some pics...
Old 10-25-2005, 06:35 AM
Senior Members

If you can drive his car for the price of a new 525, then buy a slightly used 545.

The M45 is OK; but at the end of the day, you're still basically driving a combination of a Maxima, Altima and various parts of other Nissan cars that their engineers threw together. I don't care if it has a V8.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:29 AM
Members

Hi guys,
I will definitely post some pics of the car when I get it...
Now even if I wanted to get a slightly used 545 i couldnt because here in Canada (I dont know how it works in the US) it's actually more expensive to lease a used bmw then it is to lease a new one.
GABMAN i see that your on Montreal then... I will be bringing the car to Meridien as well. I live in cote-st-luc so that is the closest dealer to me.
The seller did not leave a 20000$ multiple security deposit he actually gave a 16000$ cash down. I will definitely ask for a copy of his lease.
My phone is actually the motorola v710 and my provider is Telus.
I hope it works if not i'll have to switch provider because that option is awesome. As for the men in blue, lololloll it's my life story, iv'e given these guys so much money i'd be able to afford an m5 today... :-(
Old 10-25-2005, 08:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550 SMG

How about a 530, and does the infiniti come with scheduled maint. included, if not see how much the service would cost you over three years. Again what about a 530?
Old 10-25-2005, 08:59 AM
Members

No the 530 on a lease is sooooo much more expensive. About 250$ more a month and about 3 to 4000$ more down payment.
I am not sure about schedualed maintenance, I will definitely look into that.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:03 PM
Members

Well tommorrow is d-day... Guaranteed i'm not sleeping tonight...lolol
I feel just like a kid.It's really quite stressful deciding between these 2 cars but at this point it's 99% sure i'm going for the m45.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:08 PM
Senior Members

It's a great problem to have ain't it? Good luck, go with your instinct. Post some pictures of ride when you get it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help please... 525i or infiniti m45!!!