The Competition Discuss the competition to the BMW 5 Series here. Mercedes, Audi, etc...

Help please... 525i or infiniti m45!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 09:28 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe my next car... And there is 29 months on the infiniti lease which is great.. I dont like to sign long leases... So that's a plus as well
Old 10-23-2005, 09:54 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

no doubt about it in my mind - go for the M45. Enjoy whatever you decide to get and keep us posted.
Old 10-23-2005, 10:40 PM
Members

You have a tough decision in front of you. The M45 is definitely a better deal and it has over 100 hp more than the 525. I'm just not really into Japanese cars, so I don't think I'd choose the M45. BMW's drive like no other. I think you should choose the M45. It is fully loaded and I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

Interesting, so far all the replies are from 545 owners.
Old 10-23-2005, 10:45 PM
Members

Mikej, I know the bmw is like no other car. But the m45 truly impressed me when i drove it.
And we are talking about a huge difference in horepower and tech star in the car is insane. It's like a spaceship..lolol...
Ya i noticed as well that most of the replies are from 545 owners.
That's why I love this website, everyone is so quick to answer and always know what theyre talking about.
If i go with the m45 then I will miss this website alot...
Old 10-24-2005, 02:00 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 E60 M5/SMG (LCI) Interlagos Blue/Black Merino Aux input, sun protection glass, Bluetooth, Voice control

no brainer ..

V8 wins the day. i like BMW, but to chose between these 2 ... gotta take the M45.

good luck!
Old 10-24-2005, 03:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i -Brilliant Graphite/Oyster 2006 E5004matic- I must have been on drugs when I got this car 2004 545i Black Sapphire/Truffle Brown interior

YouYou,

I had a similar situation, I had ordered an M35X back when the car first came out, last February when this deal came up on a 545I . I laboured for days trying to decide. I loved the interior of the M35, but had real problems with the exterior. I felt it was just to conservative looking for my liking whereas the 5 series just blew me away.

I had the opposite situation, I had ordered the M35, 6 Cyl and landed up with the 545I - 8 Cyl. You have a tough decision to make. When I got my 545, the all wheel drive 525/535 was not yet out, plus I got a good deal on the 545 as it was a left over 2004. I wasn't even looking for an 8 Cyl, the car just happened.

There are a couple of things that you need to take into consideration before you decide. I see that you are 27 years old and do not have an unlimited budget. With the M45, bear in mind that you will be driving from Gas station to Gas station, the car uses way more gas than the 525/manual and you have to use premium gasoline. While gas has come back down to a reasonable $0.99 for regular unleaded, premium is still 6 cents higher a litre and that is for now. We all saw in recent months where the price of gas can go and trust me it will be back up there sooner than later. Expect it to cost you over $500.00/mo in gas. I would suggest that you should not just look at the monthly lease costs, but you also need to look at what the maintenance costs will be. At 27 years old , the last thing you need to be doing is dumping all your hard earned money into running your car. Also with the M45, you will need 4 winter tires or you will not be able to drive this car in Montreal winters. From what I remember, the M45 has big tires, I think 18". So expect to have to get 4 steel wheels and 4 X 17" winters for this car. A decent 17" winter tire is around $375.00 each plus the cost of steel wheels or you can just go with 18" winters but expect to pay well ove $ 400.00 each.

Also the registration costs for an 8 Cyl car in Quebec is $ 440.00 a year instead of $ 270.00 for a 6 cyl, and trust me the years fly by very quickly. Also check your insurance costs on both vehicles, they may make you get a boomerang on the Infiniti, if they do , let me know as I can help you out on that one and I am very close to you.

I know that the deal on the M45 is great and the car has all sorts of bells and whistles and it is tempting. There is nothing wrong with the 525, it is still a beautiful car.

Good luck in deciding and if you have any questions, let me know. I know the Infiniti product very well after having owned 2 of them.
Old 10-24-2005, 06:05 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i SMG, Dinan Flywheel, M Sport Kit Blk, Blk.

Originally Posted by youyou' date='Oct 23 2005, 08:38 PM
Ok so I have posted many topics regarding the 2006 525i that I am eagerly awaiting. I had a difficult time choosing between that and a 330i then color was an issue silver/gray or alpine white, then the fact that I have to wait till end of december when i ordered the car in august...
Now I have a whole new dilema and I have to make a decision by like tuesday at the latest.
As you might know I ordered a 2006 525i silver/gray with auburn interior with navigation package,sport package,premium package,active streeing,sport seats,hk logic 7 and adaptive xenon headlights...
Now since i'm waiting such a long time I like to just look around and see what other cars are out there.
Well I found the deal of a lifetime and i'm going nuts on what i should do.
I can basically get a 2006 infiniti m45 sport with every possible option( navigation,that amazing 14 speaker bose 5.1 system, the entertainement package that gives you a rear dvd player) I mean completely loaded up.
This car has 10000 km ( about 6000 miles). It is basically brand new. The gentleman who wants to get rid of it put 20000$ cash down on a 36 month lease and basically went bankrupt so he can't afford his payments anymore.He needs to let it go. Now I can be driving this car for the exact same price I would be paying on my 525i.? The fact that he put soooo much money down makes the monthly payments about the same as the bmw.
The bmw 525i has 215 horsepower v6 engine and the infiniti m45 sport has a 335 horepower v8 engine. Huge difference!!!
Now I personally think that the inside of the infiniti m45 is out of this world . The gadgets are insane and it's just sooo cool. And I love gadgets (thats why i ordered my bmw fully loaded).
Now i'm 27 years old this would have been my first bmw, and i always wanted one... But I just can't let this opportunity fly by me.The infinity is soo much faster and honestly hadles like a dream. But a bmw is a bmw...
So i'm lost and don't know what to do... Should I cancel my 525i and grab this infinit m45 or should I just stick to my bmw.
Guys i'm lost and i have 48 hours to decide.
Now I know this is a bmw 5 series website but please be objective and honestly tell me what you think...
Thank you very much.
[snapback]187851[/snapback]

get the M -you'll be kicking yourself trying to increase hp and performance in the 525, especially after perusing through the forums
Old 10-24-2005, 06:14 AM
Members

I live in Toronto and I think the winter wheels are not a concern. Your 525i NEEDS a set of winter wheels anyways. Gas prices are high, but if we are talking about 60000+ CAD $ cars then don't let a few hundred bucks stand in your way in your decision making. Look into the buy back value of your Infiniti M45 and see if you can somehow benefit from owning it in the end.

The M45 is a great car, however, you also need to somehow match your own status. I strongly believe that if I were driving a nice car, I damn well make sure that my age, my job status, my salary all match to the typical target audiences of that car. The M45 is appealing to a more mature crowd, executives who want a bit more fun behind the wheel. At age 27, if you think you are on par with those people, then go with the M45. On the other hand, BMW is more appealing to a younger crowd. If I were you, I'll probably pick the BMW 525I. You can even save a bit more on gas, insurance and winter tires too.

(My feeble attempt to retain a BMW customer.... )
Old 10-24-2005, 06:14 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530 2006 msport package, steptronic, pdc, mystik blue, grey dakota leather, sunroof, Bi-Xenon, heated rear seats, Hi-FI system, velour carpets

I would chose the BMW just because it's a BMW. I think the Infiniti is a great car but the BMW just feels smother. Good luck
Old 10-24-2005, 11:48 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2010 750Li M sport

That is a tough situation. I think you have to take the M45. I think that is what I would do in your case. I am glad I am not in your situation. I would hate to have to settle for the infinite. You will of course be jealous everytime you drive up next to a 5 series, but you will have the horse power and torque you would not have had with the 525. There is no substitute for horse power and torque. Driving dynamics can only go so far and the M45's driving dynamics is not that far off the Bimmer.

Good luck. Oh, and you don't have to miss this forum. You can come back often and tell us how much you love your infinite and how you blew the doors off a 525.

Quick Reply: Help please... 525i or infiniti m45!!!