The Competition Discuss the competition to the BMW 5 Series here. Mercedes, Audi, etc...

The Competition & BMW's at Kierland Mall

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 04:41 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by cobradav' post='201572' date='Nov 21 2005, 04:24 PM
I had heard some 6er owners say they were going to Chrome their Ellipsoids, but had never seen the results. Now that I have :thumbsdown:

Nice collection in one place. Thanks for sharing. The BMWs hold up their end really well.
Thank you cd. You are very welcome. I am trying to figure out how to set up a separate gallery album for them and more, but, as of yet have not figured out the trick--assuming there is one. Yes, the BMW's did well.

And, by all means chrome your Ellipsoids if you want. I am going to look back to see if I can figure out what one is.
Old 11-21-2005, 05:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by tachyon' post='201678' date='Nov 21 2005, 07:55 PM
Outstanding collection of shots. Thanks for sharing.

If there is a better looking car interior than the Z8, I have yet to see it.

I'm getting a stiffie.
Thanks tachyon. You are very welcome. I agree with you and ipse d--and others I am sure.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by vnod' post='201698
I had heard some 6er owners say they were going to Chrome their Ellipsoids, but had never seen the results. Now that I have :thumbsdown:

Nice collection in one place. Thanks for sharing. The BMWs hold up their end really well.
Thank you cd. You are very welcome. I am trying to figure out how to set up a separate gallery album for them and more, but, as of yet have not figured out the trick--assuming there is one. Yes, the BMW's did well.

And, by all means chrome your Ellipsoids if you want. I am going to look back to see if I can figure out what one is.
[/quote]
The Black 645 Cabrio with lady handing keys over to valet. And I'ma agin da chrome thing in case I was not clear.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:46 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by cobradav' post='201973
Originally Posted by cobradav' post='201572' date='Nov 21 2005, 04:24 PM

The Black 645 Cabrio with lady handing keys over to valet. And I'ma agin da chrome thing in case I was not clear.
[/quote]
I see. Before, I didn't notice your thumbs down guy. I still haven't figured out what and Ellipsoid is--at least on the 6.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:47 AM
Members

Earlier this year I spent a week at the Westin Kierland Resort and Country Club which is just down the road from that mall. I went over to the mall and was pleasanlty surprised by the parade of cars as so beautifully captured by you on film Vnod. That was my first time to the Phoenix/Scotsdale area and it was beautiful, you blokes live and party like rock stars out there
Old 11-22-2005, 09:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by vnod' post='202014
Originally Posted by vnod' post='201698' date='Nov 21 2005, 08:41 PM
[quote name='cobradav' post='201572' date='Nov 21 2005, 04:24 PM']

[/quote]
I see. Before, I didn't notice your thumbs down guy. I still haven't figured out what and Ellipsoid is--at least on the 6.
[/quote]
Sorry about the Ellipsoid use without the style #- that is 6er jargon for the Style 121. BWM describes this wheel as "Ellipsoid" It is the Sport Package option wheel for 6er in US for MY04 to current offerings. In other parts of the world they now offer a new option for the Sport version (or 19") wheel. Forget the style number but has many spokes (~ 14-18).

Prior to getting 6er I was planning to replace wheels. But the ease of cleaning, plus NEVER seeing them duplicated anywhere else has given me significant pause.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:43 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by cobradav' post='202058
Originally Posted by cobradav' post='201973' date='Nov 22 2005, 10:11 AM
[quote name='vnod' post='201698' date='Nov 21 2005, 08:41 PM']
[quote name='cobradav' post='201572' date='Nov 21 2005, 04:24 PM']

[/quote]
[/quote]
Sorry about the Ellipsoid use without the style #- that is 6er jargon for the Style 121. BWM describes this wheel as "Ellipsoid" It is the Sport Package option wheel for 6er in US for MY04 to current offerings. In other parts of the world they now offer a new option for the Sport version (or 19") wheel. Forget the style number but has many spokes (~ 14-18).

Prior to getting 6er I was planning to replace wheels. But the ease of cleaning, plus NEVER seeing them duplicated anywhere else has given me significant pause.
[/quote]
Thanks cd. Now, I get it totally.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:57 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i; Manual Shifter

Great job taking the photos. You're getting the hang of that Rebel (assuming this is your wife's cam).

A very nice collection of cars. Was this taken all in one day?
Old 11-23-2005, 05:54 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Centurion' post='202353' date='Nov 23 2005, 01:57 AM
Great job taking the photos. You're getting the hang of that Rebel (assuming this is your wife's cam).

A very nice collection of cars. Was this taken all in one day?
The pics were taken in about 30 minutes in one rectangular block. I was using the Minolta DiMage 5 megapixle. It's a great little camera with a very good lense.
Old 11-24-2006, 06:30 PM
Contributors

I was thinking about the various forums today--including The Competition forum. I remembered the car photos I took at Kierland Mall in Phoenix. They have been down under for so long I decided to resurrect them for the newer members to see. I quit doing the photos about as soon as I started because I was always chasing cars and getting frustrated by the cool cars I just missed.

Quick Reply: The Competition & BMW's at Kierland Mall