The Competition Discuss the competition to the BMW 5 Series here. Mercedes, Audi, etc...

The Competition & BMW's at Kierland Mall

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 04:33 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Originally Posted by mlist84' post='201344' date='Nov 21 2005, 05:49 AM
that red "C 55 AMG" is a fake one right? I thought C55 should have 4 exhausts, a lot more spoilers, and bigger wheels.
HAHA that's C230 kompressor with AMG kit on it.
Old 11-21-2005, 04:58 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by Simple1' post='201332
that red "C 55 AMG" is a fake one right? I thought C55 should have 4 exhausts, a lot more spoilers, and bigger wheels.
I didn't even think about that. I quess it is fake. I test drove one before buying my 5, and it didn't have a spoiler or 4 exhausts as I recall.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:12 AM
Contributors

It is definitely fake.

Here's the link to the Autotrader site:
http://used-cars.autos.yahoo.com/usedcars/...W89QzU1K0FNRw--

the car sold is completely stock. On MBUSA.com, the picture has not been updated yet. But i'm sure it supposed to have quad exhausts and spoiler.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:18 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by vnod' post='201289' date='Nov 20 2005, 09:52 PM
You are very welcome. My wife and I were talking about where else you could see an auto show similar to the one at Kierland. The only place we felt confident about was Rodeo Drive. But, I am sure there are many places. I know that there is an newish outdoor mall in San Jose that puts on a pretty good show. Does anyone know of other great shows. I'd like to go if I am in town.

Nice pics. I especially enjoy the interior the Z8 as you seem to catch the color of the imola.

If you're ever in socal, try crystal cove in newport/newport coast every saturday morning around 7:00am. It brings out the exotics with regularity as carrera GTs and ferrari 360s are quite common. Only been there a few times, but my favorite car I've seen there is a F40. The variety is unique as you can see an old hot rod next to a lambo which is then parked next to a Z06. If you're interested in pics, there should be variety of threads on various boards.

Also try Village Coffee Roaster gatherings every last sunday of the month in the Woodland hills/calabasas area. There are exotics from enzos to SLRs here, but I especially enjoy it as it's right next to the canyons of Malibu. Even a "straight-line" guy like yourself could enjoy the variety of corners.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:23 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Nice pix--thanks for sharing.

I also have a silver gray 545i, but the color in the pic of your car is much lighter than any I've taken of my car--did you adjust the color?
Old 11-21-2005, 11:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by heezy545i' post='201538
You are very welcome. My wife and I were talking about where else you could see an auto show similar to the one at Kierland. The only place we felt confident about was Rodeo Drive. But, I am sure there are many places. I know that there is an newish outdoor mall in San Jose that puts on a pretty good show. Does anyone know of other great shows. I'd like to go if I am in town.

Nice pics. I especially enjoy the interior the Z8 as you seem to catch the color of the imola.

If you're ever in socal, try crystal cove in newport/newport coast every saturday morning around 7:00am. It brings out the exotics with regularity as carrera GTs and ferrari 360s are quite common. Only been there a few times, but my favorite car I've seen there is a F40. The variety is unique as you can see an old hot rod next to a lambo which is then parked next to a Z06. If you're interested in pics, there should be variety of threads on various boards.

Also try Village Coffee Roaster gatherings every last sunday of the month in the Woodland hills/calabasas area. There are exotics from enzos to SLRs here, but I especially enjoy it as it's right next to the canyons of Malibu. Even a "straight-line" guy like yourself could enjoy the variety of corners.
[/quote]
I do like corners too, just don't meet many of them--did two Bondurant course, etc., but don't feel that I could exercise enough restraint or that I drive well enough to risk an expensive car. And, I have broken too many body parts in my life.

Thanks much for the info. Actually, I have seen some of the show in the Newport Beach area. But, I think the area I saw is not quite the area you are talking about. The Village Coffee Roaster gatherings sound very neat too. The "Pavillions" shopping center in Scottsdale has a very large Saturday night show.

Originally Posted by vnod' post='201561
Originally Posted by vnod' post='201289' date='Nov 20 2005, 09:52 PM

I do like corners too, just don't meet many of them--did two Bondurant course, etc., but don't feel that I could exercise enough restraint or that I drive well enough to risk an expensive car. And, I have broken too many body parts in my life.

Thanks much for the info and the compliment. I think the interior photo came out very well. As mentioned, the conditions were not good at all for pics.

Actually, I have seen some of the show in the Newport Beach area. But, I think the area I saw is not quite the area you are talking about. The Village Coffee Roaster gatherings sound very neat too. The "Pavillions" shopping center in Scottsdale has a very large Saturday night show too.
[/quote]
Old 11-21-2005, 12:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

I had heard some 6er owners say they were going to Chrome their Ellipsoids, but had never seen the results. Now that I have :thumbsdown:

Nice collection in one place. Thanks for sharing. The BMWs hold up their end really well.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:36 PM
Senior Members

Love that Z8 ...
Old 11-21-2005, 12:38 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by stream' post='201539' date='Nov 21 2005, 03:23 PM
Nice pix--thanks for sharing.

I also have a silver gray 545i, but the color in the pic of your car is much lighter than any I've taken of my car--did you adjust the color?
You are very welcome Stream. I am getting more into Photoshop, finally, under my wife's direction. She has taught, in this order art including Photoshop and then computing including Photoshop for years. I am hugely luck in so many ways.

I did adjust the photo of my car some. My wife came along later and suggested some adjustments that would make for a better overall photo, but they also lightened my car.

There is sort of an interesting "philosophical" issue about what is fair in love, war, and photoshop. Briefly, (1) should one "print" what he/she got?, (2) should one adjust things so that the photo looks like the real deal?, or (3) should one adjust things to produce the best overall photo and ignore the "truth" if necessary. She goes with (3); I followed suit on the photos of my car under her direction.

Doing the batch processing of photos in different qualitative classes was interesting to learn and is a huge time saver. Not being able to do so using earlier versions of Photoshop was one of the reasons I could never get interested.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:55 PM
Contributors

Outstanding collection of shots. Thanks for sharing.

If there is a better looking car interior than the Z8, I have yet to see it.

I'm getting a stiffie.

Quick Reply: The Competition & BMW's at Kierland Mall