The Competition Discuss the competition to the BMW 5 Series here. Mercedes, Audi, etc...

The Competition & BMW's at Kierland Mall

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 07:43 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Hi Friends:

Parts of Phoenix/Scottsdale are very car savy and car competitive. Kierland Mall is one of "the" places to see cars and to have your car seen. I snapped some pics of the competition and some BMW's at the mall today. The pics were not taken under anything like optimal conditions. There were many shadows, etc. And, darkness was near towards the end of our visit I did some minimal Photoshop batch processing to two classes of photos--the most under exposed and the next worst under exposed. For now, I have left the not particularly under exposed un-Photoshopped. Eventually, subject to what I say below, I plan to Photoshop all of them as best I can.

I am trying to figure out how to set up another gallery album to show the car competition at Kierland. But, to date, I have added an album, but I can't locate it in the gallery--even though I have made it viewable to all. Any help on adding a second album would be appreciated.

For now, I am posting some of today's more interesting photos below. The coolest car there, the Mind Candy 545i, is in the batch twice. ~0{;^) I know there are a lot of pics, but I took so many more, and an infinite number was possible. In getting my pics, I did not go beyond a one block rectangle (not enough time), and missed many other very nice cars. Also, many park in the parking garage.
Attached Thumbnails The Competition & BMW's at Kierland Mall-pict1458.jpg   The Competition & BMW's at Kierland Mall-pict1459.jpg   The Competition & BMW's at Kierland Mall-pict1461.jpg   The Competition & BMW's at Kierland Mall-pict1462.jpg   The Competition & BMW's at Kierland Mall-pict1463.jpg  

The Competition & BMW's at Kierland Mall-pict1467.jpg   The Competition & BMW's at Kierland Mall-pict1469.jpg   The Competition & BMW's at Kierland Mall-pict1470.jpg   The Competition & BMW's at Kierland Mall-pict1471.jpg   The Competition & BMW's at Kierland Mall-pict1472.jpg  

The Competition & BMW's at Kierland Mall-pict1477.jpg   The Competition & BMW's at Kierland Mall-pict1478.jpg   The Competition & BMW's at Kierland Mall-pict1487.jpg   The Competition & BMW's at Kierland Mall-pict1489.jpg   The Competition & BMW's at Kierland Mall-pict1483.jpg  

The Competition & BMW's at Kierland Mall-pict1529.jpg   The Competition & BMW's at Kierland Mall-pict1526.jpg   The Competition & BMW's at Kierland Mall-pict1525.jpg   The Competition & BMW's at Kierland Mall-pict1490.jpg   The Competition & BMW's at Kierland Mall-pict1494.jpg  

The Competition & BMW's at Kierland Mall-pict1496.jpg   The Competition & BMW's at Kierland Mall-pict1499.jpg   The Competition & BMW's at Kierland Mall-pict1505.jpg   The Competition & BMW's at Kierland Mall-pict1508.jpg   The Competition & BMW's at Kierland Mall-pict1510.jpg  

The Competition & BMW's at Kierland Mall-pict1511.jpg   The Competition & BMW's at Kierland Mall-pict1513.jpg   The Competition & BMW's at Kierland Mall-pict1514.jpg   The Competition & BMW's at Kierland Mall-pict1516.jpg   The Competition & BMW's at Kierland Mall-pict1517.jpg  

The Competition & BMW's at Kierland Mall-pict1519.jpg   The Competition & BMW's at Kierland Mall-pict1522.jpg   The Competition & BMW's at Kierland Mall-pict1524.jpg   The Competition & BMW's at Kierland Mall-pict1476.jpg   The Competition & BMW's at Kierland Mall-pict1481.jpg  

The Competition & BMW's at Kierland Mall-pict1503.jpg   The Competition & BMW's at Kierland Mall-pict1495.jpg  
Old 11-20-2005, 08:02 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 BMW E60 530 black/black '05 Porsche Cayene S Black/gold 05' BMW M5 05' Bentley CGT

wow...i diddnt know that phoenix was that good...
cool!!thanks!
Old 11-20-2005, 08:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by m5lover' post='201269' date='Nov 21 2005, 12:02 AM
wow...i diddnt know that phoenix was that good...
cool!!thanks!
You are very welcome. I was trying to show some of Phoenix off too. Phoenix is a big unknown to many, but it has much to offer--Kierland is a sample. I missed many cool cars by not being in quite the right place at the right time.
Old 11-20-2005, 08:17 PM
Senior Members

Wow....lots of cool cars/pictures there! Thanks for sharing!

Here in LA we have Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills where you can see some of the finest cars. I like hanging out there. The wife shops (or window shops) while I look at cars
Old 11-20-2005, 08:52 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Ferdie' post='201278' date='Nov 21 2005, 12:17 AM

Here in LA we have Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills where you can see some of the finest cars. I like hanging out there. The wife shops (or window shops) while I look at cars
You are very welcome. My wife and I were talking about where else you could see an auto show similar to the one at Kierland. The only place we felt confident about was Rodeo Drive. But, I am sure there are many places. I know that there is an newish outdoor mall in San Jose that puts on a pretty good show. Does anyone know of other great shows. I'd like to go if I am in town.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:11 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 BMW E60 530 black/black '05 Porsche Cayene S Black/gold 05' BMW M5 05' Bentley CGT

Originally Posted by vnod' post='201289

You are very welcome. My wife and I were talking about where else you could see an auto show similar to the one at Kierland. The only place we felt confident about was Rodeo Drive. But, I am sure there are many places. I know that there is an newish outdoor mall in San Jose that puts on a pretty good show. Does anyone know of other great shows. I'd like to go if I am in town.
[/quote]

That place is called Santana Row..pretty nice place but i think lacks shopping options IMO..
Old 11-20-2005, 09:18 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by m5lover' post='201298
Originally Posted by Ferdie' post='201278' date='Nov 21 2005, 12:17 AM

That place is called Santana Row..pretty nice place but i think lacks shopping options IMO..
[/quote]Thanks. I didn't make it clear that I have been there. It does lack shopping, but it has a great French bakery and also an excellent French Cafe down the street.
Old 11-20-2005, 11:39 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 335i Sedan

funny I was just In phoenix last month! we rented some homes in Chandler area, I have to say I was absolutely stunned by the beauty over there! I mean coming from NYC it was like paradise over there, no cigarette butts or stuck gum on the side walks. Highways so smooth I wouldn't advice to drive alone, one might fall asleep, But damn where the hell is this place where I can see a car damn car show for free?? granted i would have shown up in my rental minivan but I would have loved the free car show!
Old 11-21-2005, 12:49 AM
Contributors

that red "C 55 AMG" is a fake one right? I thought C55 should have 4 exhausts, a lot more spoilers, and bigger wheels.
Old 11-21-2005, 04:05 AM
ipp
Senior Members

My Ride: 07' 530d - M-Sport - Titanium Silver / Black Dakota leather 08' 120i - M-Sport - Alpine White III / Black Sensatec

Originally Posted by mlist84' post='201344' date='Nov 21 2005, 10:49 AM
that red "C 55 AMG" is a fake one right? I thought C55 should have 4 exhausts, a lot more spoilers, and bigger wheels.
Good catch! Yepp, fake. Pathetic!

Quick Reply: The Competition & BMW's at Kierland Mall