The Competition Discuss the competition to the BMW 5 Series here. Mercedes, Audi, etc...

Clarkson round Nurnburg ring in Jag Diesel ( uk po

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 02:23 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: various
Model Year: F10 2015 M Sport 530d

That was me above. Forgot to log in.
Old 11-24-2004, 02:25 AM
Senior Members

Golfnut,
Into which harness is your magic box wired? Like the conversation O have had with Skaffa in another thread I would like to know if the Candini solution works on the engine ECU or the fuel rail pressure.

My Schnitzer one is T'd into the fuel line harness at the front of the engine once the plastic engine cover is removed.
It's not the cleverest way of getting more power but it is approved by BMW and I dont have to worry about it when the car goes for service.

Streak
Old 11-24-2004, 02:53 AM
Members

My Ride: Oxford Green E60 530D with tuning box and all the toys!

Streak: it plugs into the fuel line harness - it intercepts the output from the ECU before the fuel rail. It may be crude, but it's easily removable and is undetectable as far as I can tell.

BTW when I disconnected it, the drop in performance was very noticable and there was an immediate return to full power when I plugged it back in. Some people say they don't get any immediate change, but I did. Wouldn't want to drive without it now!
Old 11-24-2004, 10:58 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by cwoarmy' date='Nov 24 2004, 10:59 AM
Also, looking at the clip of the ring, too many people out there.? Believe they showed a car and a motorcycle being brought back in on the back of a lowboy.? Oh, they also had ambulance out there so before you get froggy and jump on the ring think about your driving skills.
[snapback]60164[/snapback]
They have an accident there almost every day. Some are severe and they even need a lifeflight helicopter very often.
A lot of ppl don't know their limits and even think they can drive just as Schumacher.
Old 03-14-2005, 07:15 AM
Members

clarkson hasnt got a clue about anything , on the other hand , james may he seems to know something and he quite liked the new 6 series when released , im sure a 535d would easily destroy the silly little jag
Old 03-14-2005, 11:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 520dA coming up.

This topic has been resting for some time and i saw it coming up again.

I'm just a regular driver and i can do the ring well within 10 minutes in my Mini Cooper with only 115hp....
When doing that i get blasted away by old VW's and bikes.
Clarkson surprises me again and again. Couple of days ago i saw him reviewing a Lotus Esprit...he even liked it. Man, that's just an overpriced heap of sh*te. I guess it's the worst car ever made and it gets a good review only because it's from GB
Old 03-14-2005, 11:33 AM
Contributors

This topic has been resting for some time and i saw it coming up again.

I'm just a regular driver and i can do the ring well within 10 minutes in my Mini Cooper with only 115hp....
When doing that i get blasted away by old VW's and bikes.
Clarkson surprises me again and again. Couple of days ago i saw him reviewing a Lotus Esprit...he even liked it. Man, that's just an overpriced heap of sh*te. I guess it's the worst car ever made and it gets a good review only because it's from GB
Old 03-20-2005, 09:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by garehaan' date='Mar 14 2005, 12:31 PM
[snapback]101395[/snapback]

REALLY??? Wonder waht you can do with the S... whats your Ring time with the MC?
Old 03-21-2005, 12:10 AM
Contributors

Don't know if the S will be that much faster, maybe 30 sec. or something.
For me the limit of a standard cooper or cooper S are it's tires. I have the cooper S 17" rims with guess what...... runflats. When they get trashed on a cricuit like the ring they start to fade when heated up and that's where the good grip stops.

I do the ring in about 9:50 and that's a pretty average time i guess. Like I said, i get overtaken a lot.

If you want to try, grab a Playstation2 + Gran Turismo 4 and choose the mini cooper S (or the M5 as you like) and race the Ring! It's quite realistic.
However, these don't fade as much. And you will find it almost impossible not to crash the M5
Old 03-21-2005, 07:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by garehaan' date='Mar 21 2005, 01:10 AM
Don't know if the S will be that much faster, maybe 30 sec. or something.
For me the limit of a standard cooper or cooper S are it's tires. I have the cooper S 17" rims with guess what...... runflats. When they get trashed on a cricuit like the ring they start to fade when heated up and that's where the good grip stops.

I do the ring in about 9:50 and that's a pretty average time i guess. Like I said, i get overtaken a lot.

If you want to try, grab a Playstation2 + Gran Turismo 4 and choose the mini cooper S (or the M5 as you like) and race the Ring! It's quite realistic.
However, these don't fade as much. And you will find it almost impossible not to crash the M5? ?
[snapback]104428[/snapback]
But I dont wanna crash my M5... :'(

Quick Reply: Clarkson round Nurnburg ring in Jag Diesel ( uk po