Buyer & Seller Feedback Post feedback about buyers and sellers doing business on the forums.

Singh Autosport, Horrible customer service

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 11:49 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: See sig :)
Unhappy

So here I am doing my research on which company to use to get my car tuned from. So many options, eg. Upsolute, Rpi, Ess, Powerchip, Singh etc. Price variations from $400-$800. I am trying to figure out, okay why the price differences? What are the gains etc... So I sent an email to almost all the companies that provide ecu remaps. However "Jags" from Singh Autosport flipped after what I had said in my email, here is my original email, and his reply. None of the emails have been edited what so ever.

Me
Hello,

I have a 04 bmw 645ci, exhaust, drop in filter/charcol delete that I want to get tuned. I can ship you my ecu. Is there any reason you charge more money than other tuning companies out there? Eg. Upsolute charges only $400 shipped. What kind of gains can I expect?

Thanks
Jags reply
hi Tony,

Every tuner tunes cars differently. The gain on the 645i is between 22-24hp.

Upsolute? That's like comparing Coach to Louis Vuitton.

Most of our customers are 'open cheque customers'. Athlete's, actors, tv presenters, hotel owners in Las Vegas, important figures in Mexico/Columbia, rappers, singers, owners of record labels, the biggest Internet providers, numerous vehicle dealerships, etc, etc and your asking me about a company who's main clientele is the 1.8T Golf driver?

If the additional $249 is a concern Singh Autosport isn't the company for you.

I apologise if this reply seems rude.

Thanks,

Jags
Whats the point of apologizing once you act like an ass. Is this how Singh represents their company? Wow...

Companies like, RPI, Trinity sure in hell don't behave in this unprofessional manor, doesn't matter if your a quote "actor, or rapper", services should be provided in a professional manor period.

Thoughts? Or am I wrong here?
Old 11-30-2009, 11:54 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

Unfortunately not all companies are looking to pick up ANY business. Most are in an unusual situation that lets them be snotty and rude because they probably do cater to more expensive folks and make money doing it.

It's like walking into a car dealership and getting ignored (happens to me all the time since I look 16). If you can't afford the extra $200ish, then why bother?

Shrug just my 2 cents. I wouldn't let it bother you, there are plenty of reputable tuners that are more than happy to help you out.

Michael
Acute Performance
Old 12-01-2009, 12:09 AM
Contributors

Still I mean it's not like $250 is a large amount we are taking about but it was curiousity that if they charge more there must be a reason. (You get what you pay for) As a buyer of course I want the best bang for the buck but at the same time if it makes sense to spend a little bit more $ I would. Blowing up like that uncalled for.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Columbian drug dealers? NIICE!!!

coach to Louis V ?? Does the guy know your a guy? J/C I wouldn't know the difference if u had a gun to my head I'm just sayin haha
Old 12-01-2009, 12:13 AM
Contributors

Edit nvrmnd lol
Old 12-01-2009, 01:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

jags-off :thumbsdown:
Old 12-01-2009, 02:38 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06 530i Premium and Cold Weather Package Orient Blue, Tan Interior

Wow, only thing he is missing from his signature is "There is no kind of about it, I'm a really big deal"

Then about two lines down from that "Oh and I totally know the difference between Coach and Louis Vuitton. If you play your cards right, I may just use other cool brand names like Christian Louboutin, just to let you know the above statement of RBD is for real and I mean business......I know actors.......I was picked on alot as a kid....pleaseloveme...."

Its a cry for help, please someone hug this aye hole so he can stop being such a douche.

Any business that tries to pull comparisons like that is not worth doing business with. Post that mail everywhere, then mail him again with all the links. Tell him you didn't take offense to his mailng at all and wanted to save him more frustration by letting any other like minded individuals know just how "awesome" they are so he does not have to be pulled away from all the rockstar clientele to be bothered with things like this.

Nothing says two dollar millionaire quite like a response of that nature.
Old 12-01-2009, 02:56 AM
Contributors

wow what a turn-off. what a douche bag. I wonder if he is featured on MTVs new "jersey shore"

skele, that is funny, but I am well aware of the difference between coach and lois vutton haha. I have been looking at wallets recently!

acute, I hear you. While I don't look 16, when i was car shopping i went to look at tahoes in shorts and a t shirt on the weekend. When i went to lexus and BMW, i made sure i went after work one day so i was in a suit.

not that i would likely ever get a tune from singh as the JB3 is more appealing to me, thanks for posting this. I dont care who you are, that is pitiful customer service. Most people that have money dont have money because they throw it away. Notice he failed to tell you the difference. Save your money and get the cheaper one. I wouldnt give those ass clowns a dime with an attitude like that. If that person doesnt own the company, i suggest you send i to whoever does.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:55 AM
Members

My Ride: 08' 550i

aah man..what an A-hole..thanx to OP for the heads up..singh's prices are crazy but hey as long as ppl will pay for it why not be an A-hole about it lol..
Old 12-01-2009, 05:08 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 08 Porsche 911 c2s, 01 BMW 740il, 05 BMW 525i, 06 Acura TSX navi

That is horrible service. If the rappers, drug-lords don't care about money then should you too not care about money?
I have seen a Continental GT in Santa Row with their sticker. The car had HRE wheels and they were dirty as hell, probably damaged.

Quick Reply: Singh Autosport, Horrible customer service