Buyer & Seller Feedback Post feedback about buyers and sellers doing business on the forums.

Question about member to member transactions

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 04:10 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, my question is

I want to buy AlexFW's old brakes.
We agreed about price, I'm willing to pay the cost of the dispatch, all OK.
I've informed him about all my details required for the dispatch (Name, Address, phone, etc)

What is the next step please? Because it is my first direct "member to member" transaction.

I'll appreciate for any advice.

Nick
Old 02-28-2007, 05:24 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E61 535d Apr 05. UK spec + Media Pack, Luxury Pack & Visibility Pack

The safest way is some form of escrow. You pay an escrow services provider a commission to confirm to the seller that payment has been received, and once confirmation from the buyer that goods have been received the money is released.

Depending on the amount involved, I'd be tempted to agree a 50% before/50% after receipt type of deal, and cut off the commission (www.escrow.com charges you nearly 10% for amounts below $1000 through credit card). Just make sure you have full insurance on the goods.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:36 AM
Contributors

So far, I've bought two things from two members here, Dom of Nav TV and my predator ice from Tim, also a member. We agreed on price , and I trust these two members, so I just paypal them the money, and let them know my address here, and all is good. So far, members have been honest about transactions, no scams. But obviously you have to see where the member is coming from, I mean Dom, a vendor, so of course he won't scam me, and Tim, an old member, read lots of his posts, also his posts about predator ice that he bought from Umnitza, so I trusted them.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:50 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by dlevi67' post='396642
So far, I've bought two things from two members here, Dom of Nav TV and my predator ice from Tim, also a member. We agreed on price , and I trust these two members, so I just paypal them the money, and let them know my address here, and all is good. So far, members have been honest about transactions, no scams. But obviously you have to see where the member is coming from, I mean Dom, a vendor, so of course he won't scam me, and Tim, an old member, read lots of his posts, also his posts about predator ice that he bought from Umnitza, so I trusted them.
Hi Pete,

I've bought from Tim (Professional seller) my Predator ice bulbs, also I paid some parts to Tony/Quad_m - Professional seller too, on behalf of another friend member, by Paypal as well, instandly and without problem, but there is no option for Paypal now, because Alex does not own a Paypal account.

Thank you for suggestion
Old 02-28-2007, 06:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E61 535d Apr 05. UK spec + Media Pack, Luxury Pack & Visibility Pack

Oh, another option:

Get a vacation in Rio!

Old 02-28-2007, 07:03 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by dlevi67' post='396652' date='Feb 28 2007, 05:06 PM
Oh, another option:

Get a vacation in Rio!

Haha, no, it's not Alex.br, I Know Alex.br in person. I met him at E60 wordwide meeting last July in Germany. I drove also his M5 outside BMW plant in Munhen ....Hahaha I would trust a transaction with him ...with closed eyes.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:34 AM
Contributors

I forgot to mention that, the only option is Bank to Bank money transfer.

I've been informed by Alex with a bank account information.
I have found a cooperating with my partner carrier, close to his place in Milano.
I have informed the carrier about the transaction, but he needs the sender's information.

Alex, wouldn't like to use his personal info (name, address, phone)
He prefair to deliver the package to the carrier without any information on it. Just the recipient's address.

I'm confused
Old 02-28-2007, 09:11 AM
Contributors

If one does not want provide name and address for Western Union or bank transfer, the deal should not be done.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:28 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 530 Titanium Silver/Sexy black

I would never do a wire transfer, too risky.

Why not just do paypal?
Old 02-28-2007, 09:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550i - Titanium Silver, Step, Black Interior, Sports Pkg.,CWP,Comfort Access, Nav, Premium Sound, Sat. Radio

I would stay away from transactions where the seller does not want to give there name - way too risky.

Quick Reply: Question about member to member transactions