Buyer & Seller Feedback Post feedback about buyers and sellers doing business on the forums.

Handling an Unhappy Customer

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 02:55 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by skelevirus
This happened to me with a starter once, it was a nice one around 350$. The company said it was delivered, ups said it was delivered. I wasnt home to sign for it and my old house was on a busy street. I called ups and bitched at them saying it was unacceptable they didnt require a signature. The company never offered me a signature required shipping option. I called wells fargo told them i wanted to contest it w all these reasons. Emailed a wells fargo supervisor pictures of my house, the street, Etc. They temp credited my acct back. 2 weeks later they sided with me. I did nothing wrong whatsoever. Just ordered a package and payed for it pure and simple. I dont know who took the blame on that one but it worked out but when i re-ordered the starter it was shippid with delivery confirmation!
See, perhaps this is what I am talking about depending on institution. I have WellsFargo as well, and the two-three times that I had to call them to sort it out for me, they have.

John: again, just because the status indicate that it's delivered, it does not constitute as winning evidence. There could be an error on the scan part, could be mis-delievered, jacked by the delivery person, etc., too many unaccounted variables when no signature is required.

Obviously there are probably more to this equation, such as the bank reviewing your history, and other investigations, but like I said, if I was this particular customer, I have no doubt that I would get my money back when I call up my bank.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:48 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
See, perhaps this is what I am talking about depending on institution. I have WellsFargo as well, and the two-three times that I had to call them to sort it out for me, they have.

John: again, just because the status indicate that it's delivered, it does not constitute as winning evidence. There could be an error on the scan part, could be mis-delievered, jacked by the delivery person, etc., too many unaccounted variables when no signature is required.

Obviously there are probably more to this equation, such as the bank reviewing your history, and other investigations, but like I said, if I was this particular customer, I have no doubt that I would get my money back when I call up my bank.
Yeah but problems with the delivery company doesn't constitute problems with the seller so the financial company can't just take the seller's money away. The banking institution like Wells Fargo in Ian's case could have done it as a customer service gesture for him as their customer and probably worked out something behind the scenes with the seller and the shipping company but I'm sure they didn't just take the money back from the seller.

Coincidentally, this just happened to me couple of weeks ago when I ordered from Amazon. USPS tracking said the item was delivered but I couldn't find it. I called Amazon and they said sometimes the shipping agent might have scanned the item as delivered prematurely but it hasn't actually arrived yet and to wait another week. I wasn't happy with that so they were going to ship out a replacement but saw that it was on back order without an estimated in-stock date so they just credited my cc. It was only a $30 item.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:19 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 02" Porsche Carrera 911

UPS and Fedex most of the time knock on the door and even if your home by the time you get to the door the person is gone, package on doorstep..not the greatest policy by them i think! Many customers who have no ethics see an opportunity to claim they didn't recieve their package once this happens!

Threats by a customer and the "i'm the customer, i can ruin your ebay feedback, i can tarnish you on forums" would have made me *bad temper* tell that customer to go F himself!
Old 04-13-2011, 10:20 PM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan
..The banking institution like Wells Fargo in Ian's case could have done it as a customer service gesture for him as their customer and probably worked out something behind the scenes with the seller and the shipping company but I'm sure they didn't just take the money back from the seller.
Im pretty sure this is what happened
Old 04-14-2011, 05:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 535i M Sport 6MT
Model Year: 2010

Mike @ Acute Performance is helpful, informative and a good guy. I purchased a complete set of R1Concepts rotors and Hawk pads from him.

In this case, he did everything he was supposed to, yet through no fault of his, he went the extra mile to take care of a disgruntled customer. Props to R1Concepts for the extra customer service too.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:47 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by tarek307
UPS and Fedex most of the time knock on the door and even if your home by the time you get to the door the person is gone, package on doorstep..not the greatest policy by them i think! Many customers who have no ethics see an opportunity to claim they didn't recieve their package once this happens!

Threats by a customer and the "i'm the customer, i can ruin your ebay feedback, i can tarnish you on forums" would have made me *bad temper* tell that customer to go F himself!

+1000 That happens at my house all the time, UPS/FedEx deliver ring the bell and disappear. Luckily I live on a VERY quiet street and no one would really take anything. I agree they are doing their customers a disservice by not requiring someone to be home.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:13 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2000 540i/6: Silver
Model Year: 2000

With my experience, its usually the buyer who is trying to doop the seller.

Couple years ago I sold someone a carbon fiber scoop for $200. Had the item shipped Priority USPS to a house that was 20 miles from me. The guy didn't want to "meet me up". I get a call a week later that he never received it. Said it's not his fault, and will file a paypal claim blah blah blah. I didn't wait for the claim, and just refunded the guy his $200 because honestly, I felt bad and thought, it's not his fault he didn't get the package. Someone stole it. USPS said they delivered it and can't give me the insured money back, since it is not a stolen package, that it was "misplaced" within USPS warehouses. TO this day that ticket is still open, and they're "looking for it".

Then I see on the forum we were on, he posts the day after he supposedly "didn't receive it" that he installed a new carbon fiber scoop! I called him and he said "he bought it from the dealer because people like me don't know how to properly ship a package". Yeah..right...

All I have to say is...if it got to the destination and you don't have it, it is not always the sellers fault, UPS safeguards themselves, but that doesn't mean the seller HAS to do anything. If they do, consider yourself lucky, and the seller a stand up guy.

And the last thing anyone should do is post on a forum about how that vendor didn't help him out. I mean cmon...really? Just because you're upset about what happened, doesn't mean you need to take it out on someone. You gotta have the stones to swallow some of your problems yourself. Everyone is looking for someone to blame. Sometimes shit happens.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:28 AM
Banned

My Ride: A Car

Michael,

If it was delivered, it WAS DELIVERED! UPS should be doing the investigation. Did UPS capture a signature? If they left it at the door step, THEY are liable. No one is at fault. If the customer is not lying, I highly understand why he's so upset. Work with the customer.

Apologize for his inconvenience (cushion it a bit) and then tell him you would feel the same way if you were the customer and you were in his shoes (feel for him). Then explain why you cannot just ship this since it states it was delivered. You will keep following up with UPS to see what's going on and will get back to him immediately after every phone call with UPS. In the past, we ALL probably messed up and believed ONE customer where they lied to us and we shipped the goods. Not everyone is honest nowadays. I had customers who I accidentally sent the wrong item which the item costs MUCH more actually be honest enough to let me know. There are times my reps send double the order and the customer actually paid out of his pocket to send me back the goods. But out of those, there are also dishonest people out there we have to protect ourselves too.