Buyer & Seller Feedback Post feedback about buyers and sellers doing business on the forums.

EuroRev HELP ME OUT HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 06:18 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2009 Alpine White e92 M3

Well said C! I just hope this situation get resolve.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:21 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04 530i 06 ///M5

damn i'm surprized, i got my wheels and m-tech kit without a hitch from Eurorev!

i hope they can bring back a good reputation!
Old 04-01-2009, 06:32 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='832712' date='Apr 1 2009, 03:35 AM
First off, nobody said Vince doesn't work. In fact, I'm sure he loves what he does for a living and enjoys getting his hands dirty. I would too, as I have a passion for cars like the rest of us on this forum do. However, this is not the point. This is about Eurorev and the service they provide.

As for not having customer service "online or via phone calls", that is not acceptable. So out of state members get the short end of the stick? Is that what you are saying? Are we supposed to be OK with that, as other members on this forum continue to promote them and convince us to buy from them? That's pretty shady, no? I thought we're supposed to look out for one another on this forum when it comes to vendors like this. Am I missing something here?

As for walking into their shop, Al said above that he's walked into their shop multiple times and not been happy. He decided to keep it buried, up until now. Is Al lying? Doubtful, as I think Al is a pretty standup guy from his posts on this board over the years.

As for Vince not being a liar, that is laughable. Richard - He lies. He has lied to countless members on this board. He may not have lied to you, since you have the opportunity to meet with him face to face, but he lies. He's lied to almost all of the out of state members on this board. We have no reason to make this up.

To turn this around, I would highly recommend that you guys talk to him about his service. Help him make it better and all of this will be a thing of the past. However, at the same time, I would strongly suggest not promoting Eurorev at this time, in light of what's going on. It's simply not fair to the rest of your friends and members on this forum. Once things turn around, feel free to stand behind them once again.

That's how you can help Eurorev.
C has hit the nail on the head. Communication is key here. While I can appreciate that a warranty-covered remap is a negetive income proposition for a business as it involves staff time and resources without immediate financial offset, such should be seen within the context of not only essential customer service, but also as a legally binding agreement and cost of doing business. With such things as remaps, there isn't a physical product to replace. Rather, it is a piece of altered control code/programming. The only shop losses incurred will be from staff time dedicated to uploading it + removal time for the ECU. Considering the original remap took well under an hour, I think the loss of even customer's faith and trust (and potential revenue source) is far more costly long-term.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:03 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JD@SI' post='832602' date='Mar 31 2009, 11:55 PM
CWEST I know your problem was not SpeedInnovation related at all,however it was a bad technician. When the group events happen SI does not employ or control the technicians who remove and reinstall the ecus in the vehicles. Your vehicle was started with the ecu not plugged in completely which caused your problem. A bad technician reinstalled the computer in your car and started it, once he figured out the car did not start duh he ran and got one of the SI guys and they plugged it in and your vehicle started. They were unaware of further problems created by a bad installation however at that point the shop is responsible to fix your issue not SI. If SonicMS decided to run you off, not help you, kept you abroad, and not support you then run away from there man. Cwest you bring up a great issue with group buys and group events.

I want to remind you guys that you always have a manufactures warranty on any item that you purchase. Even when purchased from a retailer, a manufacture will always hold up their warranty. You should always notify the manufacture in the event of an uncooperative retailer(s) and let them do their job and handle the retailer.

I am sure you guys can figure who I am by now, if not its okay as well.

I dont have anything to much against you guys, it's just the service wasnt there behind me when things started going wrong even though the ECU was installed correctly. I called and called one person told me to call this person which lead to issue being unsolved which drive me to the dealer and got the problem fixed. I was promised by the retailer that if any cost came out of my pocket for issues related to the ECU they will reimburse me for them, which i wasnt reimbursed so i just didnt bother after several attempts. I hope all this will clarify for everyone out there that and the customer trust will be regained again.
I will make this known right now, anyone out there that received a flash on a 5 series in a group buy or event from SpeedInnovation Please email them
and let them know about your speed limit problem and they will correct it regardless if your year warranty has expired.

My two cents...
Old 04-01-2009, 09:03 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JD@SI' post='832602' date='Mar 31 2009, 11:55 PM
CWEST I know your problem was not SpeedInnovation related at all,however it was a bad technician. When the group events happen SI does not employ or control the technicians who remove and reinstall the ecus in the vehicles. Your vehicle was started with the ecu not plugged in completely which caused your problem. A bad technician reinstalled the computer in your car and started it, once he figured out the car did not start duh he ran and got one of the SI guys and they plugged it in and your vehicle started. They were unaware of further problems created by a bad installation however at that point the shop is responsible to fix your issue not SI. If SonicMS decided to run you off, not help you, kept you abroad, and not support you then run away from there man. Cwest you bring up a great issue with group buys and group events.

I want to remind you guys that you always have a manufactures warranty on any item that you purchase. Even when purchased from a retailer, a manufacture will always hold up their warranty. You should always notify the manufacture in the event of an uncooperative retailer(s) and let them do their job and handle the retailer.

I am sure you guys can figure who I am by now, if not its okay as well.

My two cents...
I dont have anything to much against you guys, it's just the service wasnt there behind me when things started going wrong even though the ECU was installed correctly. I called and called one person told me to call this person which lead to issue being unsolved which drive me to the dealer and got the problem fixed. I was promised by the retailer that if any cost came out of my pocket for issues related to the ECU they will reimburse me for them, which i wasnt reimbursed so i just didnt bother after several attempts. I hope all this will clarify for everyone out there that and the customer trust will be regained again.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 BMW 528i

Oh i get it, this must be a April fools joke?

JP guys.. Hope everything works out for everyone.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:42 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

I'm not here to take any sides but just to make a couple of comments.

John (MacFly), that's awesome that you're stepping in to facilitate communication to help get this resolved. That said, I'm just curious why you're taking the lead and not John (alpinewhite) or especially Vincent since they represent/own EuroRev?

Sure there are problems that occur in every business but top notch companies like Nordstrom react quickly to resolve the issues and make things right for their customers; their #1 asset. When I used to manage hotels, my staff subscribed to a mantra that says "view every problem as an opportunity for you and your company to shine". The worse thing you can do is shy away from the problem instead of stepping up to try and turn the situation around. It might not be very intuitive but when you treat a customer good the first time, they're happy and go away satisfied. But if you go above and beyond to solve a customer's problem, not only will they be satisfied but they will be thrilled with your service and sing your praises all day long. Situations like these, if handled properly, will bring more positive feedback and exposure to a company than anything else.

Where are you Vincent? Your opportunity awaits....
Old 04-01-2009, 09:55 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='833011' date='Apr 1 2009, 10:42 AM

John (MacFly), that's awesome that you're stepping in to facilitate communication to help get this resolved. That said, I'm just curious why you're taking the lead and not John (alpinewhite) or especially Vincent since they represent/own EuroRev?

Sure there are problems that occur in every business but top notch companies like Nordstrom react quickly to resolve the issues and make things right for their customers; their #1 asset. When I used to manage hotels, my staff subscribed to a mantra that says "view every problem as an opportunity for you and your company to shine". The worse thing you can do is shy away from the problem instead of stepping up to try and turn the situation around. It might not be very intuitive but when you treat a customer good the first time, they're happy and go away satisfied. But if you go above and beyond to solve a customer's problem, not only will they be satisfied but they will be thrilled with your service and sing your praises all day long. Situations like these, if handled properly, will bring more positive feedback and exposure to a company than anything else.

Well said. This is why I love going to Trinity for parts because they go well beyond expectations. When I ordered my shadowline/grills from Nerwyll he personally met me at the body shop to bring my parts and hung around through the whole installation process, and he didn't have to do that. He just made sure everything was cool with the transaction. If problems occur then they take care of it asap. That's top notch service.

I don't have anything negative to say against Eurorev. Vincent did a good job of handling my car when I took it in for lowering, no problems. I found him to be a cool and fair dude. He did however forget to do a couple of transactions for me and after weeks of waiting I ended up going to Trinity instead. I'm glad that I did.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:35 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

Here's the latest correspondence from Speed Innovation:

Dear Michael,
I appreciate you for contacting me and getting this problem
resolved. Michael let me assure you that we take it things like this very
seriously as we know that our Company is indeed the best software company
out there in terms of taking care of our customers. Michael I really
appreciate that we worked this out and I am very sorry bud it has been a
long day. I have checked the software and the re-flash that you received
should have the governor removed however I know for a fact that the new
re-flash you will be receiving will have it removed.
If you know the few
member that have this issue feel free to let them know and have them contact
us regardless of expired warranty.

We work with all of our customers Michael and we will get your car scheduled
and done as soon as possible, just bare with us as we work with others as
well. Thank you for understanding and I will contact you as soon as I can
get the schedule for Pasadena. If by next Mon we have not contacted you feel
free to shoot me an email or call. We appreciate your business and thank you
for choosing SpeedInnovation for your product needs, and once again we
appreciate working things out.

Thanks Michael,

Jessie Diakis
SpeedInnovation
Senior Sales Manager
Jessie@SpeedInnovation.com
Old 04-01-2009, 10:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='833011' date='Apr 1 2009, 12:42 PM

+1 Amen. Well said Tony.

Quick Reply: EuroRev HELP ME OUT HERE!