Buyer & Seller Feedback Post feedback about buyers and sellers doing business on the forums.

Do NOT buy from forum member ACS5ER

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 09:23 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: On Order as of May 6- 2007 530i Titanium Grey and Grey Leather, with Sport Package, Premium Pkg, Cold Pkg. 2006 Porsche Boxster

Originally Posted by ACS5ER' post='470809' date='Sep 18 2007, 01:21 PM
I am currently reside at school (university) and i dont know what network they are on. but we hav wireless network throughout campus. could that be a possibility?

It would be more likely you would have amore frequent random IP address not less with a campus.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:27 AM
das
Site Founders

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2021 F93 M8 Competition

Originally Posted by ACS5ER' post='470809' date='Sep 18 2007, 12:21 PM
I am currently reside at school (university) and i dont know what network they are on. but we hav wireless network throughout campus. could that be a possibility?
Yes, I can see you are posting from a university wireless network now. I can also see all IP addresses you have posted from in the past. One of them is a Shaw Cable IP address. That same address has also been used for posting by both SilverRush, and Alpine550. Since another member who cannot possibly have knowledge of this fact believes you all to be the same person, I'm sure you can understand that it's somewhat hard to ignore this.

Let's cut to the chase, here. There are hundreds of millions of IP addresses. They are all unique. While some of them are sometimes recycled for various reasons, the likelihood of you, SilverRush, and Alpine550, the three usernames of contention in this thread, would all just coincidentally have posted to the same IP is near zero. If you are engaged in fraudulent activity and are a student at the university whose wireless network you're currently using, that is almost certainly against your school's acceptable use policies, and could result in academic or other disciplinary action. If you don't want me to actually sit down and investigate this further and get your university involved if necessary, I would just own up to the fact that you have used other accounts here, and make things right with the other members that have issues.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:30 AM
Banned

i see and sorta understand what you are talking about.

my main concern is to solve the matter in hand now. I guess others can say whatever they want to say...

and i hope you as the admin can help me in the process of getting this fixed... thx
Old 09-18-2007, 09:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i w/ Sports & Permium Pkg. Silv/Blk 2008 VW R32 w/Nav. 1992 VW Corrado Silv/Blk-retired 2001 530i Sports/Premium-retired

Hummm , maybe an unusually high concentration of E60 owners on campus.... the mind boggles ........er.....um.....sorry I'll just watch now.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:35 AM
das
Site Founders

Originally Posted by ACS5ER' post='470814' date='Sep 18 2007, 12:30 PM
i see and sorta understand what you are talking about.

my main concern is to solve the matter in hand now. I guess others can say whatever they want to say...

and i hope you as the admin can help me in the process of getting this fixed... thx
My recommendation is to make things right with any other member(s) with whom you have a dispute. If someone wants a refund, give it to them. Given the situation, I would also stop selling things or doing other business here. People don't take kindly to being scammed, even if they just feel like they were scammed and that wasn't your intent. So if someone is upset and feels like they haven't received the product they paid for, have them return the product and and refund them their money. Simple.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:38 AM
das
Site Founders

Originally Posted by MiamiPhill' post='470815' date='Sep 18 2007, 12:34 PM
Hummm , maybe an unusually high concentration of E60 owners on campus.... the mind boggles ........er.....um.....sorry I'll just watch now.
This wasn't on campus...it was from a single Shaw Cable IP address. The other usernames haven't been used for some time.

Yes, it's possible and quite probable that we have multiple members from various sites like large campuses and cable operators. But when more than one user account, especially when there is suspicion of accounts being similar, use the exact SAME IP address confined to a short period of time, it is extremely likely that they are the same person and/or persons who know each other.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:39 AM
Banned

I am not trying to scam or fraud anyone. IF i was i would be running away and disappeared by now wouldnt I. I may hav advertised my items wrong but I am taking responsibility and refunding everything to the buyer.
I have not done anything breaking the Law in any way.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:42 AM
das
Site Founders

Originally Posted by ACS5ER' post='470825' date='Sep 18 2007, 12:39 PM
I am not trying to scam or fraud anyone. IF i was i would be running away and disappeared by now wouldnt I. I may hav advertised my items wrong but I am taking responsibility and refunding everything to the buyer.
I have not done anything breaking the Law in any way.
Then please take care of any situations you currently have with other members.

If you are taking responsibility and have in fact actually refunded the money, great. They can easily verify that this will be the case.

And some personal advice: if you're going to try to run a little business selling parts and things like this, you had better ensure that people are getting what they think they're paying for. I.e., no damage (unless noted), carefully packed, and so on. And when you have a customer that is upset, the best course is ALWAYS to refund the money without dispute. Then others can see that you have done so. No one has a problem with someone running a little side business. But when things start to look shady, people tend to view that not so kindly. So take care of your business here, and I hope you have issued refunds as you have claimed.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:43 AM
Banned

and I have been doing rightfully everything I could in getting this fixed hasnt I? I just hope everyone can hold off on their criticism and wait to see What i have done to resolve this....
I have already requested a refund to Richard. And if you want me to stop selling here that is fine. Just close down the FS thread i have in the classified. and i wont post any more.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:45 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by MiamiPhill' post='470815' date='Sep 18 2007, 12:34 PM

Im sending my son to this school where all the students drive E 60's. No door dings. ya know....