Buyer & Seller Feedback Post feedback about buyers and sellers doing business on the forums.

DO NOT BUY FROM BIMMERNAV.COM

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 02:47 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Back in August, I purchased a Bluetooth Kit for my 2005 MINI Cooper S. I purchased it from Bimmernav.com and it took several weeks to arrive. When it finally got here, I tried to install it and found out they didn't include the control module for the bluetooth kit. So I went on to the website to find a number for the customer service department. They don't have a number, only an email. So I emailed them.

The customer service rep (Amy) has not even tried to help me out after the first few emails (now that I think back, I don't even think she was trying to help then either). I bought a bluetooth kit from them ($400+) and it never had the control module in the package. I purchased this back in August and have been given the whole run around by Amy. I installed the kit and noticed that the control module wasn't included. I did a quick check when I opened the package but I didn't really know what everything was and if I was missing something. The kit required me to cut some of the wires from my original harness so I couldn't remove the new harness after the installation to send that back. I told them that in an email and they had no problems with that. They seemed very interested in helping me in the first email or 2, but that soon changed. They only support customer service through email even though I requested several times to have them call me, and requested a number from them several times. It has been nearly 4 months and I STILL haven't received the missing part. They're telling me now that the kit came directly from BMW and that the part was included. I have been very patient with Bimmernav.com and I gave them a deadline to have this problem corrected before I file a complaint with the BBB and post on every forum I can find online so no one has to deal with them. They have not emailed me back with ANY kind of solution, and now I'm out $400+ dollars! I tried working with my credit card company about this but since I placed the order, they can't do anything unless Bimmernav initiates the return of funds. I'm just sooooo aggravated with this company. I send them emails and I get a 1 or 2 sentence email back saying that they are trying to figure out the solution to this problem, but that's it. I NEVER hear back UNLESS I email them FIRST!!! And it's always just the same BS!!! I don't know what to do here and they seem dead set on not correcting the problem. So I'm going to post on every forum I can find and file my complaint with the BBB, but even that I fear isn't going to get me a refund or the missing part.

With that said, I will NEVER EVER buy from them and I recommend that no one else does either. The customer service is a joke! If you do order from them, I hope to god that everything arrives to you in 100% working condition with all the parts included, else you're throwing money away for a lost cause!
Old 12-06-2010, 04:32 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535xi

bro, understand your pain, but perhaps it's time to move on. your time has better uses possible
Old 12-07-2010, 06:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by sahiljain22
bro, understand your pain, but perhaps it's time to move on. your time has better uses possible
Let the man speak. He's trying to warn people about a potentially bad seller, so no one will have to go through what he did.

OP - For that, I give you prop.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:30 AM
New Members

Thanks for letting me speak guys.

I have made some significant progress now. I managed to get the BMW dealer's information that Bimmernav.com buys it's kits through. I sent them an email and received a very quick response back. I talked to a very nice gentleman named Eric, Parts Director, about this whole situation I've been having. Bottom line is that they sell the kits to Bimmernav.com for a very discounted price (almost at cost for the dealer) and they make next to nothing off of it. This I understand, and Eric then said he would try and "rattle the tree" from his end. About 10 minutes after I got off the phone with him, I received an email to Bimmernav.com from the BMW Dealer (I was the CC stating this.

"Please give me authorization to charge to you c/c/ what this customer needs. There is no reason why (panaphobic) should be waiting this long. Sean told Martin we can?t be responsible for shortages or claims since we are making virtually no money on these transaction. I find it totally unacceptable that we were brought into this when it is a BimmerNav customer relation issue. If I have to resolve this issue for this customer it will be at the expense of your special pricing or our business relationship.

Please let me know how you want to handle this issue by end of day tomorrow.

Sincerely,
Eric (edited)
Parts Director"

My email account then BLEW UP after this from Amy at Bimmernav.com and Martin Bishop, also from Bimmernav.com. Martin offered to personally purchase the missing part for me and they would deal with the situation on their own. In return, Martin asked me to remove the posts I have made. I told him that I will remove the posts on the 40+ forums once I have the missing part in my possession.

Yesterday, I received another email with a tracking number for the missing part, and it should be arriving sometime tomorrow!

Shows just how much a little persistence goes!!!
Old 12-20-2010, 11:29 AM
Contributors

I'm just amazed you posted this on 40+ forums.. really?

Glad you got what you actually paid for and the vendors made things right, though it is unfortunate you had to go through those measures to resolve it.
Old 08-01-2019, 02:06 PM
New Members

My Ride: Mini Cooper Standard 2007

Originally Posted by panaphobic
Thanks for letting me speak guys.

I have made some significant progress now. I managed to get the BMW dealer's information that Bimmernav.com buys it's kits through. I sent them an email and received a very quick response back. I talked to a very nice gentleman named Eric, Parts Director, about this whole situation I've been having. Bottom line is that they sell the kits to Bimmernav.com for a very discounted price (almost at cost for the dealer) and they make next to nothing off of it. This I understand, and Eric then said he would try and "rattle the tree" from his end. About 10 minutes after I got off the phone with him, I received an email to Bimmernav.com from the BMW Dealer (I was the CC stating this.

"Please give me authorization to charge to you c/c/ what this customer needs. There is no reason why (panaphobic) should be waiting this long. Sean told Martin we can?t be responsible for shortages or claims since we are making virtually no money on these transaction. I find it totally unacceptable that we were brought into this when it is a BimmerNav customer relation issue. If I have to resolve this issue for this customer it will be at the expense of your special pricing or our business relationship.

Please let me know how you want to handle this issue by end of day tomorrow.

Sincerely,
Eric (edited)
Parts Director"

My email account then BLEW UP after this from Amy at Bimmernav.com and Martin Bishop, also from Bimmernav.com. Martin offered to personally purchase the missing part for me and they would deal with the situation on their own. In return, Martin asked me to remove the posts I have made. I told him that I will remove the posts on the 40+ forums once I have the missing part in my possession.

Yesterday, I received another email with a tracking number for the missing part, and it should be arriving sometime tomorrow!

Shows just how much a little persistence goes!!!
Oof. I really wish I had stumbled across this a bit earlier. I ordered a key fob from bimmernav over a month ago, and have been told that I haven't provided the correct documentation to prove ownership of the car even though I have provided Driving License, Registration, and Title (all in my name). I haven't been able to figure out how to get a hold of a human being on the phone yet. I've called their US service number a couple of times and always get put through to voice mail. I've emailed them asking for a planned date of delivery or refund.