Buyer & Seller Feedback Post feedback about buyers and sellers doing business on the forums.

Be Careful dealing with http://www.myprojectcars.com

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008 | 09:37 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60

Damn... what's happening these days?

Sorry to hear of your problems and understand how it feels since I too have had a vendor (Quad_M) disappear on me with my money and no product sent to me.

Take it up legally. That's the best way.
Old 09-05-2008 | 09:34 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 08 Porsche 911 c2s, 01 BMW 740il, 05 BMW 525i, 06 Acura TSX navi

Originally Posted by NitSurfer' post='643985' date='Aug 11 2008, 09:11 AM
Hi Folks,

Based on a lot of decent feedback on this and other forums, I ended up placing a $7500 order for a Porsche Cayenne Kit with the company that runs myprojectcars.com and wired the money to their account in the first week of June 2008. After they confirmed receipt of funds, Kevin (the so called customer rep) kept avoiding my emails and gave me flimsy excuses of travel, faulty factory specs etc etc.

Now the guys no longer respond to emails and do not answer my phone calls either.

I have complained to the HK Consumer Council & I am in the process of lodging a criminal complaint against them with the HK police as well as taking legal action against these scamsters.

Case # : CC 301/115111/2008
Date of complaint : 08/06/2008
Center : Hongkong Consumer Council, Complaint Registry
Complaints Officer : Mr. Charles CHOW
Contact Telephone number : 3761 1668

If you do decide to deal with them, please make sure you use Paypal or Ebay escrow. NEVER do wire transfers directly to them. I am going to forward the criminal complaint copy to Paypal, Ebay etc so they downgrade the rating (if possible) for these folks.

Deal with them at your peril.

Thanks
Nitin Shenoy
babua,

topi phen ke chala gaya?
that is why i am reluctant to pay with bank wire.
American Express is your friend :-)

Sorry to hear that. I used to have a cayenne S as well, very nice car. I miss it and plan on getting one back soon.
Old 09-05-2008 | 09:38 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60

Yah, bank wires...... :thumbsdown:
Old 10-14-2008 | 09:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i Mods: M5 sporty package, M5 Steering wheel, Sprint Booster

I am living in Hong Kong, but never heard this shop name before. May be I am bimmer only.

BTW, myprojectcars.com physical address seem not in correct format.

Anyway, please feel free to let us know if need any help.
Old 12-28-2008 | 07:39 PM
Members

Angry

Hi Folks,

I've got into the similar case where I've transfered money (2.9K USD for full body kit for Cayenne) to Projectcars company account in Bank of China, and still waiting for their confirmation of money receipt now.

I've transfered money on 19th Dec, and Kevin says it usually takes 3~5 days to confirm the transfer.

I'm worried if he's a total con man.

If there anyone who've actually received any goods from Projectcars.com?

Is there anyone who knows how to file a criminal complaint or freeze their bank account?

I'm not still sure if I need to get into a legal action or wait a few more days to get response back.

Thanks,

JR

P.S. ricky1329, Nitin Shenoy: Is there anyway you can help me on this? i.e. Sample complaint you've filed to HK police or HK Consumer Council.
Old 12-29-2008 | 02:52 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by j4sonryu' post='754661' date='Dec 29 2008, 05:39 AM
Is there anyone who knows how to file a criminal complaint or freeze their bank account?
If you're in the US you can file a complaint with the IC3 (FBI).
Old 12-29-2008 | 05:28 PM
Members

Iceman,

Unfortunately I'm in Korea. I will need to file a local complaint in Hongkong I guess.

Thank you anyway...

JR
Old 12-30-2008 | 03:59 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

I'd try the IC3, because if you look up the domain registration you'll see it is registered through GoDaddy in the USA.

You can't lose when trying this.

But, yes, you also need to file a complaint with the local authorities!

myprojectcars.com

Registrant:
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: MYPROJECTCARS.COM
Created on: 28-Aug-06
Expires on: 28-Aug-10
Last Updated on: 29-Jul-07

Administrative Contact:
Private, Registration MYPROJECTCARS.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
United States
(480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2598

Technical Contact:
Private, Registration MYPROJECTCARS.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
United States
(480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2598

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.BLUEHOST.COM
NS2.BLUEHOST.COM

Current Registrar: GODADDY.COM, INC.
IP Address: 69.89.27.9 (ARIN & RIPE IP search)
IP Location: US(UNITED STATES)-UTAH-OREM

Record Type: Domain Name
Server Type: Apache 2
Lock Status: clientDeleteProhibited
Web Site Status: Active
DMOZ no listings
Y! Directory: see listings
Secure: Yes
E-commerce: Yes
Traffic Ranking: 1
Data as of: 14-Jun-2005
Old 01-10-2009 | 09:29 PM
Members

To all E60 forum members:

I am the representative of Project Cars. Regarding the complaint of Nitin Shenoy. First of all, I am would like to apologise regarding the order of Nitin Shenoy. This was genuniely an unexpected incident. I would like to take this opportunity to explain my side of the story and hopefully clear any misunderstanding you might have towards Project Cars.

It is true that our company sent Nitin's kit with more than 2 months delay. The main reason for the delay was purely caused by a technical problem with the molding procedure. This problem resulted in a finished product which was far inferior to our usual quality standard. At first we tried to rectify the problem with the factory, but unfortunately, after one and a half months of trying, the problem still persisted. Since we have different factory supplies for hundreds different types of our products, we decided we should change suppliers instead. We really did not want to ship an inferior product to Nitin. The new factory solved the technical problems, so we were able to finally deliver the kit to Nitin Shenoy at the beginning of September.

We could provide the document to prove about the shipment if anyone would like to have a copy of it.

We think many of you would understand that many problems can arise during the complicated manufacturing process of any product. It can happen to body kits also. We also think to delay an order in order to gurantee customer satifaction is very reasonable providing everythjing is explained properly. Although we try to keep stock for most of our products and we still can?t 100% guarantee that everything our customers order are always in stock. Any body in business can understand this.

But I really have to say that over 2 months wait is way too long and is not normal within our business operation guidelines. What happened to Nitin was very unfortunate and unexpected. However we did try our best to get the kit deliver as soon as we could and according to our usual quality standards. Hopefully we can avoid any more technical issues and keep our usual high level of service.

Lastly we are not going to reply any message in this thread. If you have any comment or query regarding our products please contact us by email.

We would like to apologise deeply to Nitin for what has happened, and thank you to everyone for taking the time to read our explanation.

Regards,
Kevin
Email: info@myprojectcars.com
Old 01-22-2009 | 09:38 AM
Members

Angry

Originally Posted by projectcars' post='764849' date='Jan 11 2009, 02:29 AM
To all E60 forum members:

I am the representative of Project Cars. Regarding the complaint of Nitin Shenoy. First of all, I am would like to apologise regarding the order of Nitin Shenoy. This was genuniely an unexpected incident. I would like to take this opportunity to explain my side of the story and hopefully clear any misunderstanding you might have towards Project Cars.

It is true that our company sent Nitin's kit with more than 2 months delay. The main reason for the delay was purely caused by a technical problem with the molding procedure. This problem resulted in a finished product which was far inferior to our usual quality standard. At first we tried to rectify the problem with the factory, but unfortunately, after one and a half months of trying, the problem still persisted. Since we have different factory supplies for hundreds different types of our products, we decided we should change suppliers instead. We really did not want to ship an inferior product to Nitin. The new factory solved the technical problems, so we were able to finally deliver the kit to Nitin Shenoy at the beginning of September.

We could provide the document to prove about the shipment if anyone would like to have a copy of it.

We think many of you would understand that many problems can arise during the complicated manufacturing process of any product. It can happen to body kits also. We also think to delay an order in order to gurantee customer satifaction is very reasonable providing everythjing is explained properly. Although we try to keep stock for most of our products and we still can?t 100% guarantee that everything our customers order are always in stock. Any body in business can understand this.

But I really have to say that over 2 months wait is way too long and is not normal within our business operation guidelines. What happened to Nitin was very unfortunate and unexpected. However we did try our best to get the kit deliver as soon as we could and according to our usual quality standards. Hopefully we can avoid any more technical issues and keep our usual high level of service.

Lastly we are not going to reply any message in this thread. If you have any comment or query regarding our products please contact us by email.

We would like to apologise deeply to Nitin for what has happened, and thank you to everyone for taking the time to read our explanation.

Regards,
Kevin
Email: info@myprojectcars.com
Kevin,

This is John Nijs from the Netherlands, you may say sorry, but i have also paid for a frontbumper and a rearbumper Porsche Cayenne. You promised to deliver in 2 or 3 weeks, no we are 6 weeks further en still i have gotten no products. You dont respond on my email, you dont respons on my phone. Why do you do this things.

Should i take a laywer in HongKong, I could do that, ....

So what are you doing? when can i have my products, i have PAID !!!!!

So don't make excuses just do what you promised, and please dont make a joke and tell that the products still are with the customs...

Pleas give a reply make your promise come out!

John Nijs
The Netherlands Europe
Tel: 0031641694804
jnijs@call2day.nl

Quick Reply: Be Careful dealing with http://www.myprojectcars.com