Buyer & Seller Feedback Post feedback about buyers and sellers doing business on the forums.

Be Careful dealing with http://www.myprojectcars.com

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008 | 05:11 AM
Members

Hi Folks,

Based on a lot of decent feedback on this and other forums, I ended up placing a $7500 order for a Porsche Cayenne Kit with the company that runs myprojectcars.com and wired the money to their account in the first week of June 2008. After they confirmed receipt of funds, Kevin (the so called customer rep) kept avoiding my emails and gave me flimsy excuses of travel, faulty factory specs etc etc.

Now the guys no longer respond to emails and do not answer my phone calls either.

I have complained to the HK Consumer Council & I am in the process of lodging a criminal complaint against them with the HK police as well as taking legal action against these scamsters.

Case # : CC 301/115111/2008
Date of complaint : 08/06/2008
Center : Hongkong Consumer Council, Complaint Registry
Complaints Officer : Mr. Charles CHOW
Contact Telephone number : 3761 1668

If you do decide to deal with them, please make sure you use Paypal or Ebay escrow. NEVER do wire transfers directly to them. I am going to forward the criminal complaint copy to Paypal, Ebay etc so they downgrade the rating (if possible) for these folks.

Deal with them at your peril.

Thanks
Nitin Shenoy
Old 08-11-2008 | 06:01 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Sorry to hear, thank you for the heads up, hope everything gets resolved...
Old 08-11-2008 | 08:49 AM
Banned

My Ride: A Car

Originally Posted by NitSurfer' post='643985' date='Aug 11 2008, 09:11 AM
Hi Folks,

Based on a lot of decent feedback on this and other forums, I ended up placing a $7500 order for a Porsche Cayenne Kit with the company that runs myprojectcars.com and wired the money to their account in the first week of June 2008. After they confirmed receipt of funds, Kevin (the so called customer rep) kept avoiding my emails and gave me flimsy excuses of travel, faulty factory specs etc etc.

Now the guys no longer respond to emails and do not answer my phone calls either.

I have complained to the HK Consumer Council & I am in the process of lodging a criminal complaint against them with the HK police as well as taking legal action against these scamsters.

Case # : CC 301/115111/2008
Date of complaint : 08/06/2008
Center : Hongkong Consumer Council, Complaint Registry
Complaints Officer : Mr. Charles CHOW
Contact Telephone number : 3761 1668

If you do decide to deal with them, please make sure you use Paypal or Ebay escrow. NEVER do wire transfers directly to them. I am going to forward the criminal complaint copy to Paypal, Ebay etc so they downgrade the rating (if possible) for these folks.

Deal with them at your peril.

Thanks
Nitin Shenoy
Do you have an address? There are a few members here from Hong Kong. I also got a few friends there. Maybe they can swing by and see that guy.
Old 08-11-2008 | 08:50 AM
Banned

My Ride: A Car

Nevermind. Found it. 10R International Ind. Centre 2-8 Kwei Tei Street, Fotan, N.T., Hong Kong. I'll see if any of my friends' gonna stop by.
Old 08-11-2008 | 12:00 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60

Sorry to hear that you're going through that s**t.

I, myself, am going through something similar although it's not 7.5k. In my case, it was Quad_M who can't be contacted---and has my money as well.

Kinda shakes your faith in other people, don't it?

GL to both of us!
Old 08-23-2008 | 04:12 AM
Members

Good day Friends,
I do have the same kind of problem dealing with the company (myprogectcars) in Hong kong.
Please do not do any deals with this (KEVIN) he is a fu...) lier, scammer.
ON the 12.April, i mad an inquiry for a complete cayenne body Kit , wheel spacers, interior carbon decoration,plus the Center handle in Carbon.,
the cost estimation was 9000 $.
i thought i am cleaver enough to send him only half of the money and after sending the bill of Lading i send him the rest dues.
After 2 weeks he sent me the invoice of 4200 $ and sent me a copy of the bill of lading showing me that the goods are in the shipyard.
i made i big mistake which is that i forgot to have the packing list from the shipper approved.
i ended up receiving half of the goods ( and that is after waiting 2months .
I was almost heart sick to find out that the so called Kevin disappointed from the planet Earth.
No phone answering, no reply to mails, after 40 attempts over 3 weeks later i got him on the phone .
his excuse was that he did not do the packing of the goods and his employees did the packing wrongly.
he will see what happened and he will get back to me.
this KEVIN once more disappeared again !!! no phone reply no mail reply!!! you will be nuts trying 1 million times to reach some one on the other side of the planet.
This person was very Nasty and very impolite over the phone with me when i said to him " why are you doing this to me?"
Believe me until today i have no clue when i will receive my parts which i already paid for.
I already maid a big complaint to the chamber of commerce in Switzerland and sent an Email to his Bank (HENG SENG IN HONG KONG ) i am also trying to freeze his accounts through the chines police.
last but not least:
EVEN IF THIS PERSON WOULD OFFER ME SOME THING FOR FREE, I WOULD NOT TOUCH IT BECAUSE I WILL BE VERY SURE THAT HE IS TRYING TO CHEAT ON ME!!
DOES THIS RING THE BELL???
It is enough doing the same mistakes 2 or 3 people until now, i am writing these lines to inform and warn every body( NEVER NEVER DO ANY BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY) OF KEVIN!!!
I am also sure that this is not his real name.
wish us all a big success to sue this very bad person.

ciao to all.

Caynne 721

"see the reply from him Hi

"Please find the attachment file for the new invoice and customs invoice. The remaining total amount is USD4270 since last time you have already paid USD4100.

Now the goods is under inspection in HK customs. I will let you know once it has left HK seaport.

Please let me know once you have sent out the money. Thanks

Have a great weekend!

Regards,
Kevin

Project Cars Co Ltd
Tel: 852-98114331
Fax: 852-26316837

[/color]
Old 08-23-2008 | 04:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

This is really good to know, as I was VERY close to ordering some parts from them for my new M. Knowing this is another Quad_m, I think I'll be taking my business elsewhere. Thanks for posting this! We should keep this thread sticky!
Old 08-23-2008 | 04:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Goodness I refused to pay a company $25 via wire transfer because I thought it was too risky - can't imagine what guts it would take to wire $7500 to a person in another country.
Old 08-23-2008 | 08:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Wow. I actually organized a group buy for the carbon fiber lower mirror covers from this company. Although only four of us went in on the group buy that had a minimum of 5, Kevin honored the discounted pricing.

When we got the mirrors, all of them had slight fitment problems. Kevin was very accommodating and gave us the option of 1) partial refund and keeping the product, 2) full refund and return the product and 3) he then decided to ship us new replacement ones without asking for the old set back.

I believe one member got a refund and 2 of us got new replacement sets. However, one other member tried to reach out to Kevin to get his replacement set since Feb and has had no response. I just found out about this earlier this week and tried to email Kevin with no luck. Didn't see this thread until now.
Old 08-23-2008 | 08:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i Monaco Blue

Wow sorry for your troubles, thanks for taking the time to give us all the heads up.

It might be useful to start a permanent and updateable link listing all the vendors that have cheated our members.

Quick Reply: Be Careful dealing with http://www.myprojectcars.com