Buyer & Seller Feedback Post feedback about buyers and sellers doing business on the forums.

BURNED ON OEM BUMPER PURCHASE (member buckwildx22)

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 08:23 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
don't put too much into member titles, as those reflect post count, not character
Hey I earned my Grand Poobah title. Not like I gave it to myself or anything.

Oh alright, so I did. haha
Old 01-20-2011, 08:32 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Hey, sorry about your experience. Here's something (NSFW language) that would hopefully at least crack a smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugTwbS24ZAQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Stay positive, dude! People go bad sometimes, don't catch it
Old 01-20-2011, 08:47 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Unfortunately like you, I also gave my trust to someone undeserving.

It happens to good people, and I am sure he'll get what's coming to him.

My particular guy sure did, hahahaha.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:47 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan
Hey I earned my Grand Poobah title. Not like I gave it to myself or anything.

Oh alright, so I did. haha

Yessir, you earned the title at the first ECFist meet

To the OP: remember, while (I'd like to think) that the vast majority of members here are stand up guys, and girls (mel), there are some that are like this and MUST be exposed for what they are. As Tony said, if there's another side to the story I'd love to hear it.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:05 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 530i ~ Fully loaded | Sport Package 20" VIP Modular Wheels ICE by Method Sound M Style Body Kit Stop Tech BBK FK High Sport Coilovers RPI Exhaust RPI Air Intake

I hate seeing threads like this. No, let me restate that, it pisses me to no end to read things like this. If there's another side to this story, I'd like to hear it but if it is what it is then people like this should be public humiliated for being the devious scum bags that they are.

To the OP, sorry for your troubles bud and let karma pay you back in full; in a positive way of course. Keep the faith.

Thanks for the kind words everyone, yea it sucks and by no means do i think that "everyone" does business like this, I have done numerous transactions on boards like this before and they have been on the up and up so im not lumping everyone into one bucket...

My stance has always been - there is your side, my side and then somewhere in the middle the truth comes to light. My original post I tried to be as meticulously and accurately factual, so if there is another side to this story I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR IT TOO but those are the facts from my side.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:09 AM
Contributors

I just PM'ed buckwild and asked if he care to comment on this thread.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:24 PM
Senior Members

wow i dont knwo where to start. at first when u called me about the bumper being broken i thought u were playing games. i really REALLY REALLY thought the bumper was NEW. might be because i dont know much about parts in general. regardless, its not like i shipped the bumper to you. i met you up at the gas station that you wanted me to meet u at and took the bumper out and asked you "do you want to check the bumper out before we put it in your car?" its not my fault you didnt check the bumper and bring it to my attention. you replied naw its koo it looks fine and examined it for a short sec. am i right? do you really think im that stupid to say uhhh yea i didnt knwo it wasnt new.. and pretend??? come on man were not in the 6th grade. the story i was told by "seller #1" was that his friend worked at the service dept of a bmw (i didnt ask him which one). one of the customer's car was backed into and needed a new front bumper. the dealer ordered the bumper and was going to put it on the car but the customer decided he did not want the bumper and was going to sue them. sounded like a pretty good explanation so i took the bumper and left it in my garage for MONTHS & never got a chance to install it. money is tight right now so i had to sell the bumper which i really did not want to sell. ive been on this forum for a long time now and never ripped anyone off. ive sold a few items and never had a complaint about items not being as described. i guess what im trying to say is, im just as shocked as you are. i sold the bumper with the best intentions but now im in a pickle. i asked you to look at the bumper so i feel im not responsible for the item. you should have checked the bumper out for flaws. if i really wanted to scam someone wouldnt i have shipped the bumper so people couldnt see it upclose? bahhhhh i really have no words this sucks for everyone.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:32 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by djdc78
i do remember people calling out the same seller when he tried to sell his wheels as new, which obviously weren't. one of those epic 25 page never ending threads. he also was selling bootleg kobe t-shirts which might have raised an eyebrow.......

sorry to hear about that though, good luck working it out. karma is a bitch tho.....
i never tried to sell my rims as new. dont put words in my mouth. a lot of people sell diff small items on this page. so what if i sold kobe shirts. its obviously not for the money. im a big laker fan as you can tell in my icon. check out my link on sig regarding my rims. get ur facts straight.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:41 PM
Contributors

Buckwild, how about you meet the buyer in the middle and refund some of the money? If you want to go over and beyond that, take the item back and resell it with pics and accurate description next time.

I sold a used RDsport trunk spoiler to a member here. I didn't examine the item carefully and thought it was in good condition. When the buyer got it, he said there was a crack in one of the corners. I could have argued that it was cracked during shipment or maybe say that I didn't believe him but I offered to do anything that would make it right. I think we resolved it by me refunding half the amount.

Now neither you or I are held to a higher standard expected from a business cause they live and die by their customers' satisfaction. But we have our integrity and to me, that means everything especially on an online forum where your reputation speaks of your character. I hope that I proved my character to that buyer by agreeing to do what he felt was right to resolve the problem. Maybe you should do the same. Money might be tight but your character's worth a lot more.
Old 01-21-2011, 03:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 e90 M3 AW / Black Akrapovic Evolution exhaust | BBS LM 20x9, 20x10 | KW v3 | Vorsteiner GTS3 front bumper, rear diffuser, cf bootlid | RPI scoops | AIB v3 | BMW performance grilles | AIB v3 2007 530i - SOLD Silver Gray/Black Dakota Step | Sport | Premium | Nav | Logic 7 | Sunshades EXTERIOR: OEM M-Tech front & sides| OEM M5 rear bumper, mirrors & trunk finisher | Vorsteiner rear decklid spoiler WHEELS & SUSPENSION: Enkreuz H8R 20x9, 20x10.5 Continental Extreme Contact DW 245/30/20, 275/30/20 KW Street Comfort coilovers BRAKES: Stoptech BBK ST-60 calipers, 380 mm (fr) rotors ST-40 calipers, 355 mm (r) rotors PERFORMANCE: RDSport quad exhaust | RPI scoop LIGHTING: LCI Euro tails | 6000k headlights | 6000k HID fogs| MTEC V2 Angel Eyes

Buckwild, how about you meet the buyer in the middle and refund some of the money? If you want to go over and beyond that, take the item back and resell it with pics and accurate description next time.

I sold a used RDsport trunk spoiler to a member here. I didn't examine the item carefully and thought it was in good condition. When the buyer got it, he said there was a crack in one of the corners. I could have argued that it was cracked during shipment or maybe say that I didn't believe him but I offered to do anything that would make it right. I think we resolved it by me refunding half the amount.

Now neither you or I are held to a higher standard expected from a business cause they live and die by their customers' satisfaction. But we have our integrity and to me, that means everything especially on an online forum where your reputation speaks of your character. I hope that I proved my character to that buyer by agreeing to do what he felt was right to resolve the problem. Maybe you should do the same. Money might be tight but your character's worth a lot more.
+1 - nicely said.

GL Ryan, hope this gets squared away for you

Quick Reply: BURNED ON OEM BUMPER PURCHASE (member buckwildx22)