Buyer & Seller Feedback Post feedback about buyers and sellers doing business on the forums.

Any recent experience with Umnitza ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 10:30 AM
Administrator

Received 96 Likes on 92 Posts
My Ride: 530xi
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N52

I'm considering a replica rim purchase from Umnitza. (I know, I know, I should buy OEM or forged wheels, but this posting is not about that.)

Has anyone had recent experience with them? They seem to specialize in Angel Eyes, but their rim selection is pretty extensive and the prices are certainly attractive. I've done a Google and a search on many BMW forums, and the comments run from "Awesome" to "I'll never buy from them again!" over several years.

I know you're going to find those kind of comments with any vendor, but people appear to be somewhat passionate in their opinions about this company.

Do you have any experience with them this year?
Old 11-02-2010, 11:47 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well i just bought a replica m5 rear bumper and am having serious issues with the shipping service they use. They use greyhound to ship and for about 5 days im getting shit service from greyhound. This guy Pat from greyhound consistantly puts me on hold for 10 mins and takes down my info to never call me again. Umnitza however has been responding efficiently and has provided service fine but this whole tracking my package is really frustrating me. I was told by umnitza, the bumper would be here by friday, i bought it last monday. Its tuesday and i have no info where my package is at.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:59 AM
Contributors

in my personal experience with the guys at umnitza are for amateurs! stay away from those clowns!!! who the eff in this day in age uses greyhound to ship merchandise? why the eff would a real company use anybody other than fedex or ups to deliver their goods? umnitza has been riddled with shipping issues along with many other product/customer service problems. they use a bus company to ship their merchandise just to save a few bucks!!!! PLEASE!!! IMO it makes their company look CHEAP and GHETTO. I would stick with a reputable forum vendor such as Trinity (they use UPS ). PM Nerweezy for the best pricing.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:15 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by dbae1978
in my personal experience with the guys at umnitza are for amateurs! stay away from those clowns!!! who the eff in this day in age uses greyhound to ship merchandise? why the eff would a real company use anybody other than fedex or ups to deliver their goods? umnitza has been riddled with shipping issues along with many other product/customer service problems. they use some a bus company to ship their merchandise just to save a few bucks!!!! IMO it makes their company look CHEAP and GHETTO. I would stick with a reputable forum vendor such as Trinity (they use UPS ). PM Nerweezy for the best pricing.

+1000
Old 11-03-2010, 12:06 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by wasupdu
I debated for a while between buying my front bumper and sides from Umnitza vs Trinity and ultimately chose Umnitza.

The CS rep I spoke with at Umnitza seemed to really know his stuff and you could clearly tell that he was an ethusiast (not to say the guys at Trinity aren't). I asked him about the difference between Umnitza and Trinity and he said that it's the same stuff, but Umnitza is a direct vendor whereas Trinity goes through another layer. Whether this is true or not, I can't confirm...but I will say it was substantially less expensive to order the parts through Umnitza. Shipping was fast, parts were packaged very well, and the guys at the body shop said that this was one of the best non-OE "kits" that they'd ever seen.

My car is at the bodyshop right now getting the bumper and sides fitted. I'll post pics when I get it back.
https://5series.net/forums/topic/982...1#entry1167981

https://5series.net/forums/topic/104...1#entry1240374

View Postpeter griffin, on 02 February 2010 - 02:09 PM, said:
I got quote from Trinity and Umnitza, went with Umnitza. Whole kit $900 shipped to Greyhound's downtown LA location. Called Greyhound, have them deliver to my house in a small van for extra $20, save me the trip and still a great deal to me.
View Posttarek307, on 10 February 2010 - 05:12 PM, said:
Finally after 2 years of having my cheapie ACS replica kit on & its front lip peeling & looking like crap , i decided to get the M5 Front bumper. I had a couple of choices & ended up going with UMNITZA . I ordered the bumper on a wendsday & it was here on Friday. I got it painted this monday & just came back from getting it installed. The M5 bumper & lip fit perfectley, i had the work done at an Audi shop, they dont really do much body work which was even more impressive because they had no issues with the bumper..,the mechanic was very impressed with the fitment, the bumper literally Snapped rite in, i was there watching, it actually took them longer to remove my original oem bumper...So Matt @ Umnitza thanks for a great price + Quality product + superb customer service & recommendations!

If i ever need anymore mods for my B.M u have sure earned my business!!!

Here are a couple of photos **Yes i'm getting the chrome Vinyled & the black grill **

UMNITZA SITE
View PostPersian_535i, on 29 April 2010 - 02:21 PM, said:
Same item, slightly different price and customer service. I've personally bought multiple items from both and both have very good customer service. So basically the only factor would be price. I bought my kit from Umnitza and fitment was almost perfect.
View Postpablonam, on 04 June 2010 - 10:29 AM, said:
seriously overnight was wayy too longgggggggg LOL.... i was hoping to get them in couple of hours... wait i did get them in a couple of hours =)
thanks again!
there are many more.

Greyhound is THE way to ship anything large, that's why now, every time we have a drop off to Greyhound, there are literally 20-30 other companies with bumpers there.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:19 PM
Senior Members

I would like to update this thread, last night i received a call from someone from Umitza regarding my concerns, sorry I dont remeber the name of the person. In any case he was understanding and reassured me that all is well and he would look into it. Today my bumper arrived, I received a call from Greyhound located in Hempstead. I picked it up and took to the shop, we opened it up and nothing was cracked. I was a bit worried that it may have been damaged but it was packaged well enough. So all in all, I would do business with Umnitza since i did receive my bumper in good condition and in a timely manner. Also communication was very good
Also i would like to add that while Trinity is an excellent vendor, there prices almost always are very high. I was quoted $250 for an unpainted trunk finisher, i got it for $150 from the dealer.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:20 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by aresh
I would like to update this thread, last night i received a call from someone from Umitza regarding my concerns, sorry I dont remeber the name of the person. In any case he was understanding and reassured me that all is well and he would look into it. Today my bumper arrived, I received a call from Greyhound located in Hempstead. I picked it up and took to the shop, we opened it up and nothing was cracked. I was a bit worried that it may have been damaged but it was packaged well enough. So all in all, I would do business with Umnitza since i did receive my bumper in good condition and in a timely manner. Also communication was very good
great news!

more:
https://5series.net/forums/topic/996...st__p__1187378
Old 11-04-2010, 08:22 AM
Administrator

Received 96 Likes on 92 Posts
My Ride: 530xi
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N52

Thanks everyone for your comments. That's what's so great about this forum! Discussing issues, ideas, and opinions openly, citing problems, and best of all, getting responses!

Umnitza, I think you have defended your criticisms bravely, and the important thing is that you have explained your rationale sensibly and are willing to resolve any issues honestly. I'd certainly give you a try. But be warned! We'll all be watching and openly sharing our experiences. If we start seeing lots of complaints, the confidence factor will rapidly fade.

Keep up the good work, and keep those prices low and responsiveness high.
Old 11-07-2010, 05:10 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2010 550i jet black, Loaded
Model Year: 2010
Engine: N62B48

Originally Posted by jayarras
Umnitza, I think you have defended your criticisms bravely, and the important thing is that you have explained your rationale sensibly and are willing to resolve any issues honestly. I'd certainly give you a try. But be warned! We'll all be watching and openly sharing our experiences. If we start seeing lots of complaints, the confidence factor will rapidly fade.

Keep up the good work, and keep those prices low and responsiveness high.
And vendors/members that repeatedly offend others just to get business will fade away much quicker