E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Umnitza Body Kit for 2005 545i pre-lci

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 11:06 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i Alpine White Premium package, Sport package, Nav, HUD, PDC

Thanks for reading. I'm looking to buy a kit for my '05 545i and I'm getting confused in all of the jargon (mtech, m5tech, replica. etch) Ive read through many posts and I find myself still confused. Would someone please clarify the differences? Please forgive my ignorance. Nonetheless, I think I have narrowed it down to the cost effective kit from Umnitza. The price they offer is just too irresistible. I want to keep my fog lights, so the oem m5 is not an option, correct? Anyway, I've compiled a few questions:

1. A pre-lci with PDC will have the larger holes, correct? Anyone have an exact measurement? 24mm or something close to it?

2. For those of you that ordered the Umnitza kit (m5tech I believe), did you have trouble getting it painted and installed at local auto body shops? I've made 5 calls around the Portland Metro Area (Oregon) and everyone has refused to install an after market kit (even though I say it fits like oem). Why would this be? Do they only want insurance claims so they can overcharge? Why would they refuse work?

3. Does anyone know of a reputable auto body shop near Portland, OR that specialize in BMW work or would be willing to work with an aftermarket kit?

I live in an apartment and it would be a pain for me to have to store the kit and then have to somehow bring it to the shop. So I'm doing my homework and want to find a shop first and hope to get it shipped there. Any reply would be most appreciated. Thanks again for your time.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:04 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 550i
Model Year: 2006

Welcome to the forum!!!
I live in Portland and have all my aftermarket parts painted and installed at "Active Autobody"
They are in NW Portland and specialize in BMW only!

If you have not ordered your body kit yet check with Trinity on this forum, Nerweezy can help you with all your mods...
beware once you start MODDING on this forum your bank roll will diminish!!! HA HA.

Enjoy
Old 06-07-2010, 02:12 PM
Contributors

First off, if you want to be satisfied 100% buy this from www.trinityautosport.com, not Bumnitza. Secondly, welcome to the forums!

Talk to Nerwyll or Joe at Trinity.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:05 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Euronuts
Welcome to the forum!!!
I live in Portland and have all my aftermarket parts painted and installed at "Active Autobody"
They are in NW Portland and specialize in BMW only!

If you have not ordered your body kit yet check with Trinity on this forum, Nerweezy can help you with all your mods...
beware once you start MODDING on this forum your bank roll will diminish!!! HA HA.

Enjoy
Thank you! And yes, I've already purchased aes, full interior leds, and HID fogs from Brabus (lights guy) and kidney grills from Trinity. Those are the cheaper mods that I was gonna stick to. Now after looking at all of these amazing cars here on this forum and I'm now convinced that I'll get a body kit and 20s. I hope the modding stops there! HAHA!

Still trying to work out the most cost efficient way of playing music through my ipod/iphone. Looks like it's gonna cost me another 5-6 bills.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:33 PM
Senior Members

Update: I've called around and found a shop to paint and install a body kit for $1200. Does this sound reasonable?

I do understand that cost will vary from state to state, city to city , country to country, etc. Just looking for a ball park figure so I"m not getting ripped off. If anyone in the Pacific NW has paid for this service, please chime in.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:28 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 530i ~ Fully loaded | Sport Package 20" VIP Modular Wheels ICE by Method Sound M Style Body Kit Stop Tech BBK FK High Sport Coilovers RPI Exhaust RPI Air Intake

TRINITY AUTO SPORT my man...

They have their own M5 replica body kit that is awesome! I have the front bumper on mine. Only $650 painted and installed...

Give Joe or Nerwyll a call. Local company and great honest and repitable guys. Hope this helps. There is no reason to pay more for an exact quality replica piece...

Good luck!
Old 06-07-2010, 05:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '04 545i '02 SC430 '04 RX330

just FYI, with Umnitza you will not be able to ship it to the shop (or your house in that matter). They use Grayhound so you will need to pick up the shipment from the Grayhound station. The pieces are quite large so you will need a truck or a LARGE suv... the kit very barely fit in my Volvo XC90, with part of the bumper sticking out the moonroof... if the SUV was a few inches shorter, i would have been SOL'd....

$1200 seems reasonalbe but a slightly on the higher side. however, if they do the a good job (good prep, sanding, primer, paint, clear coat, buffing, wax) then it would be well worth the money. some shops offer lower prices but cut corners in the job; which often leads pealing, cracking, bad orange-peel in the paint, or a bad color match. best to visit the shop and see their work in person.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:13 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by xenonrider
just FYI, with Umnitza you will not be able to ship it to the shop (or your house in that matter). They use Grayhound so you will need to pick up the shipment from the Grayhound station. The pieces are quite large so you will need a truck or a LARGE suv... the kit very barely fit in my Volvo XC90, with part of the bumper sticking out the moonroof... if the SUV was a few inches shorter, i would have been SOL'd....

$1200 seems reasonalbe but a slightly on the higher side. however, if they do the a good job (good prep, sanding, primer, paint, clear coat, buffing, wax) then it would be well worth the money. some shops offer lower prices but cut corners in the job; which often leads pealing, cracking, bad orange-peel in the paint, or a bad color match. best to visit the shop and see their work in person.
Well this rules out Umnitza then, as I will not be able to pick up and transport. I've pm'd you Nerwyll, waiting for your reply
Old 06-07-2010, 07:24 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

thanks for the support guys

I updated our thread on our replica M style parts, all versions of the front bumper are scheduled to be in stock by the end of this week, and we have a couple pre-orders already
Old 06-07-2010, 07:32 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by Kaizen
Well this rules out Umnitza then, as I will not be able to pick up and transport. I've pm'd you Nerwyll, waiting for your reply

Good deal, you'll love working with Joe an Weezy - great vendors and great people

Quick Reply: Umnitza Body Kit for 2005 545i pre-lci