Buyer & Seller Feedback Post feedback about buyers and sellers doing business on the forums.

[timh] Flaky seller on Forum, buyer beware!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010 | 10:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by 968turboS
I think it's you guys who are not getting it. My point was to make others aware of his business dealings. I am not looking for sympathy from anyone.
No need to make me "get it". I get it alright, just wanty to make sure others in the community are aware of what this person could do to them.
He did nothing wrong and you are making a big deal out of nothing. In fact, it sounds like went out of his way to accomodate you. If anything, I would BEWARE of you. You sound like the pain in the ass, in this situation.
Old 07-27-2010 | 10:57 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550i SA M-Sport Package

This is classic sour grapes, the OP wanted to stand around and kick the tires when someone else had cash in hand. You snooze, you lose, seems like the seller did everything he could do to accomodate the OP, yet the OP wanted to take his sweet time in the hopes the seller would wait for him to make up his mind and possibly miss another buyer. We're not talking about small change here. It's hard to sell a car at the 20k price point when you're not a dealer, not everyone is walking around with that kind of cash. So if someone has cash in hand, and I have nothing from you. The decision is easy.

Why didn't the Op just leave a deposit after the initial test drive? Leaveing a deposit would show more intent than "I'll be back". That way the seller can put any other buyers on ice for a day or two.

You live and learn. Don't think it's just this seller who is like this and don't believe others who you think agree with you, because a 20K check in their face wuill change their minds when they're trying to offload a pricey car.
Old 07-27-2010 | 11:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Geez, and notice how the OP didn't share the whole story about how the seller went out of his way and time to work with him. Your audacity actually baffles me.

Quite frankly, you sound like a whiny child that didn't get things your way.
Old 07-27-2010 | 12:09 PM
Contributors

Yes, there is more to the story but obviously you guys have already drawn your conclusions. I am glad it was entertaining for you guys.
Enjoy!
Old 07-27-2010 | 01:33 PM
Members

Raj, all I can say is Wow!!! What more is there to the story?? Please, tell everyone what else ?? 2 years ago, when I decided on investing in a 550i, I found this forum to be very enjoyable and informative. I am so glad to see that many of our e60 members are mature and have some sort of common sense. On my journey in finding my perfect 550i, I search like a mad man everyday all day, 24/7. Finally when I found the one, I drove immediately to the dealer. I still remember going to BMW Openroad right after work around 6pm. While looking at the 550, other potential owners were also looking. I stood there for the next three hours trying to make up my mind. I did not want to leave the dealership knowing that I may lose out on this 550. At 8:30pm, I told the guy my best price, negotiated for 5 minutes, LEFT a deposit on the spot, came back first thing the next morning, credit came back perfect, got approved for 0.9%, did the paper work, and drove off the lot in my 550i. Point of the story?? If I had left the dealership that night without putting a deposit and told the dealer I'll be back tomorrow or later tonight with the money, there is a possibility the 550 would have been gone, sold to someone else who had the money in hand.
Raj, I understand where your coming from. But someone else beat you to the deal who had the money in hand. I taught myself that if you want something bad enough, you will make it happen. If you hesitate, or if your not financially ready to make your move, you'll lose out on an opportunity. You seem to believe in karma. Everything happens for a reason, right??
Please just be happy for the new owner of the 550 and continue your search. I'm sure you'll find yours very soon. Tim
Old 07-27-2010 | 11:53 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 E60 525d

tim, congrats on finding a genuine buyer. They are hard to find and when one comes along you do not hesitate!

As for Mr Ethics there, well thanks for the entertainment. Let us know how the verbal agreement case goes in court
Old 07-28-2010 | 08:14 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pablo_ni
tim, congrats on finding a genuine buyer. They are hard to find and when one comes along you do not hesitate!

As for Mr Ethics there, well thanks for the entertainment. Let us know how the verbal agreement case goes in court
I guess someone with a check in their hand, on their way to meet the seller is not genuine enough for you.
My only reason to bring in verbal agreement admissable in court is to prove that by law, one can be held up to a verbal agreement. I have no intentions on going the court route because I am perfectly happy with how things turned out. I feel I gained from this situation. Things might be different in Ireland but in NY/NJ, a verbal agreement can be forced through the legal system.
Tim came up with the final price and I agreed on it and we agreed to meet after I got out of work. Not sure what part went over your head?
Old 07-28-2010 | 09:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

I guess someone with a check in their hand, on their way to meet the seller is not genuine enough for you.
My only reason to bring in verbal agreement admissable in court is to prove that by law, one can be held up to a verbal agreement. I have no intentions on going the court route because I am perfectly happy with how things turned out. I feel I gained from this situation. Things might be different in Ireland but in NY/NJ, a verbal agreement can be forced through the legal system.
Tim came up with the final price and I agreed on it and we agreed to meet after I got out of work. Not sure what part went over your head?
Ok Raj, this is starting to annoy me. Not only the sour grape factor, but the point of the "oral agreement" being enforceable in court. If you know anything about contract laws or just google it, then you would know that there is no binding contract between you and Tim. I agreed that there are offer and acceptance, but there is no consideration between the parties to perform a contract. You might have one, if Tim had taken your deposit. But the car was sold before any of that can happen. Planning to meet to complete a contract is not a contract.

Like I said, Tim could have done a better job in managing potential buyers and their expectation. However continuing the campaign with "he said, you said", you're not gaining any more support from people, only the opposite. Hope you see my point and good luck with your search.
Old 07-28-2010 | 10:49 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by theXman
Ok Raj, this is starting to annoy me. Not only the sour grape factor, but the point of the "oral agreement" being enforceable in court. If you know anything about contract laws or just google it, then you would know that there is no binding contract between you and Tim. I agreed that there are offer and acceptance, but there is no consideration between the parties to perform a contract. You might have one, if Tim had taken your deposit. But the car was sold before any of that can happen. Planning to meet to complete a contract is not a contract.

Like I said, Tim could have done a better job in managing potential buyers and their expectation. However continuing the campaign with "he said, you said", you're not gaining any more support from people, only the opposite. Hope you see my point and good luck with your search.
I was just responding to the previous post. I want to put this behind but people want to just keep adding to it. I wanted people to know what happened in case they wanted any future dealings with another member. Just trying to look out for others in the community.
Regards.
Raj
Old 07-28-2010 | 12:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

I was just responding to the previous post. I want to put this behind but people want to just keep adding to it. I wanted people to know what happened in case they wanted any future dealings with another member. Just trying to look out for others in the community.
Regards.
Raj
LOL! You're comical! LOLOLOL!

Quick Reply: [timh] Flaky seller on Forum, buyer beware!