Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Who is right?! Can my phone be paired w/ my car? 04 530i

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 07:41 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just heard from the dealer about my idrive no longer working...

He said that water leaked into the trunk and fried some power supply that is located back there. He said the power supply is for the idrive. He ordered it and it will be in tomorrow. Sounds reasonable, we'll just have to wait and see.

In the meantime, Im gonna beat the hell out of the '07 XI they loaned me! hehe
Old 01-24-2007, 09:29 AM
Members

My Ride: -2004 BMW 545i. Silver Grey Metalic. with Black Int.: Sport, Navigation, Cold Weather, Comfort Seats, Logic 7, Heated Rear Seats, MP3 Retrofit. (Production date: Jan 2004) -2002 Porsche 911 Cabriolet. Seal Gray with Black Int. & Top: Tiptronic, Heated Seats, Bose Sound.

BillMcC, Sounds like your dealer is responsive on getting things fixed quickly.

My have is going on it's 5th day at the dealer trying ot get the BTUM to work on my car.

That last thing they told me was that they tried a different TCU and it worked and now they have to wait another day to hear from BMWNA if they should replace the TCU or Reprogram my existing TCU. Appearantly if they have to reprogram it they have to wait again for BMWNA to send them the program AND they cannot check to see if they have a TCU in stock until they get word back from BMWNA. Either way I will have to pick up my car again without BT and then bring it back a 4th time to get the final fix once they get the TCU or Program.

I can't wait to provide my BMW survey on this experience.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:03 AM
Contributors

Geez that is really annoying...sorry to hear about all your hassles. My dealer is responsive, I have to say that they do try...they just arent always right! So, Im holding back my excitement until I pick it up and I see first hand it works ok and nothing else was impacted (i.e. no eyelids working).

Now, how come you dont have a courtesy car? Why do you have to pick up your car and drop it back off?
Old 01-24-2007, 11:08 AM
Members

My Ride: -2004 BMW 545i. Silver Grey Metalic. with Black Int.: Sport, Navigation, Cold Weather, Comfort Seats, Logic 7, Heated Rear Seats, MP3 Retrofit. (Production date: Jan 2004) -2002 Porsche 911 Cabriolet. Seal Gray with Black Int. & Top: Tiptronic, Heated Seats, Bose Sound.

I do have a courtesy car. the problem is that they can't predict anything so they want me to pick up my car as it may take a while to receive the program CD and they predict the TCU will be on back-order.
Old 01-26-2007, 04:21 PM
Members

I have Bluetooth! and it works great.

It turns out that the dealer after 5 days finaly figured out that they origianly programmed the car the wrong way. They programmed the car for TCU BT ans should have programmed the car for the CPT-9000 retrofit so I could use my BTUM. They had to get a VO (Vehicle Order) to program the car back to it's original state so they could then do the proper programming for the CPT-9000.

If it's not one thing it's another, when I went to pick up my car with the BTUM now working, I noticed my Voice Cammand button was not longer working. I had to leave my car ther another night so they can get the voice cammands working again.

Anyways. Thanks for all your help on this. My lesson learned here is to veryify if the dealer has every performed a similar type job before I become the test car.

BTW, Does anyone know how to answer call-waiting calls?
Old 01-26-2007, 08:01 PM
Members

I recently bought a 2005-530i. Ever since I bought it I am having issues with the bluetooth. My o2 Atom and BMW pair perfectly when I start the engine. Phone book is transfered, fine. But problem is when I try to make/recive a call from my steering the calls gets connected but I can't hear anything and even the other party can't hear anything. But if I dial the number from my phone, I can talk and hear from my BMW speakers. I am confused, would appreciate any help. Thanks.