Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

What's REALLY up with Bluetooth?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2004, 05:32 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60

Here's the link to that chart (updated by BMW on 02/24/2004).

http://www2.autospies.com/images/uploads/m...bmw_sirius2.gif
Old 02-28-2004, 06:52 PM
Senior Members

Dose this mean they will only add it to production models or it will be added as a software upgrade.
Old 02-28-2004, 11:22 PM
Senior Members

nice how it doesn't mention sub-options, such as TMC - which is also not there and about which BMW has no clue
Old 02-29-2004, 01:01 AM
Senior Members

What exactly is TMC?
Old 02-29-2004, 01:29 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 530i, Steptronic 6, Silver Gray, Black Dakota leather, Anthracite wood, Premium pkg, Sport pkg, Cold Weather pkg, Premium Sound, pro nav, Active Steering, Park Distance, folding rear seats.
Lightbulb

I spoke with Munich last week, and asked if my Sony Ericsson T610 would work in my US spec. 525i, they input my VIN. number, pulled up my specs and said not only will it work, I can also buy the snap-in adapter for 75.00?.
Old 03-01-2004, 08:11 AM
Members

Originally Posted by laet' date='Feb 29 2004, 04:29 PM
I spoke with Munich last week, and asked if my Sony Ericsson T610 would work in my US spec. 525i, they input my VIN. number, pulled up my specs and said not only will it work, I can also buy the snap-in adapter for 75.00?.
Who exactly did u speak to in Munich ?

Please share the phone number with us!
Old 03-01-2004, 08:42 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 555' date='Feb 29 2004, 04:01 AM
What exactly is TMC?
TMC (Traffic Message Channel) is a European system that is carried on the RDS radio channel. It provides advance warning of traffic congestion and accidents via sensors that are placed throughout the major road networks. This is cropping up in more navigation systems and allows dynamic rerouting if the previously calculated route was to take the driver into heavy traffic and a faster alternative is available.
Old 03-01-2004, 09:45 AM
Senior Members

The U.S. sure could use a network like that...
Old 03-02-2004, 07:43 PM
Members

Here is my case again, our dealership here in Saudi Arabia brings the BMW 530 with two different types of options: 1) what they call Full Specs 2) lower specs or basic
I have the full specs E60. One of the differences between the full and the basic is that the full comes with the BMW professional phone ( Built under arm rest, with a base. Handset is wireless and communicates with the car via Bluetooth. Handset range is 25 ? 30 meters according to the manual). The SIM card (chip) goes into the base and not the handset itself. The base is connected with the system (iDrive) as well.
I have been told that the Bluetooth antenna is somewhere within the dashboard (this is not important now)
The Basic specs BMW 530 does not come with the professional BMW phone. But it does have the Bluetooth antenna within. We were successful to pair the following devices:
Sony Ericsson T610
Sony Ericsson T630
Siemens S55 (which has a cradle for BMW, I guess only used for charging).
Sony Ericsson P800
So basically some of the information that was posted in here is correct http://www.mdload.com/bluetooth/
If you have a phone that has Bluetooth with a ?HeadSet Profile? just like mentioned in the link above, then you should have no problem. Note that if have already paired you device with an ear piece via Bluetooth, then you will have to delete that ear piece device from the list of devices on your cell phone in order for the pairing with BMW to work properly. Most people who have previously used the ear piece had to delete it in order to pair with BMW.
Here is my problem to you. Since my car comes with Professional BMW built in phone where the SIM card gets inserted in the base, whenever I pair a device with my car it keeps asking me to insert SIM card and I cannot see or use my device with the car at all. Apparently the BMW phone takes higher precedence over any Bluetooth device and therefore you cannot use it. Turning off the phone from the handset would not disable the phone, it still would ask me to insert the SIM card whenever I go to ?Communications?. So basically I need to disable to my built in phone in order for my Bluetooth device to work with my car. Does anyone know how to do that.

As for the person who asked about the steps, it goes as follows:
1) when you are in the main i-Drive menu, click the control button in the center to get in the ?i? menu.
2) The last option in the menu should be ?Communication Interface?, choose it.
3) Chooser Bluetooth from that menu, and from setting activate Bluetooth.
4) In the same Bluetooth menu chooser ?Phone?. It will display a screen that should list all paired Bluetooth devices.
5) Now while you are on that page, turn Bluetooth on from your cell phone and search for devices.
6) You will find a device named ?BMW*****?, it will be BMW followed by 5 numbers. (THIS IS YOUR PASSKEY)
7) Select device to be added and enter the passkey when asked for.
8) On the screen you will see a pop up message saying ?Device Waiting?, you can choose ?Add Device? or ?Reject Device?. Once you choose add you will be asked to enter a passkey, use the same passkey u just used.
9) Now you have paired your phone with the car.
10) In the case of Sony Ericsson T610/T630 go to my devices under Bluetooth and from the options of the (BMW*****=name of device) that you just added there are options, I guess one of the options is connect or something like that. Once that is done you will see you phone appear in the list.
11) Now go back to the main I-Drive menu and choose ?Communication?, it will display ?Please wait? for seconds. Then you are connected and u can use the car?s system to make and receive calls.

This is what we did today with my T630 and it worked perfectly, too bad I still can?t get it to work with my car. It just doesn?t make sense to me why I the BMW phone is taking higher precedence over other devices and not letting them work. I hope the dealership comes up with a software upgrade before I go into service and ask them to disconnect my professional BMW phone.

I hope that helped you guys, please try to help me out here as well.

(E60 Bluethooth, BMW 530 2004 Compatible phones and pairing steps)
Old 03-03-2004, 01:34 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 530i, Steptronic 6, Silver Gray, Black Dakota leather, Anthracite wood, Premium pkg, Sport pkg, Cold Weather pkg, Premium Sound, pro nav, Active Steering, Park Distance, folding rear seats.
Lightbulb

I spoke with someone in customer service

the number is 0180 232 4252

Who exactly did u speak to in Munich ?

Quick Reply: What's REALLY up with Bluetooth?