Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

what does this button do ???

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 10:17 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by needforspeed' post='250303' date='Mar 5 2006, 03:00 PM
Here is the pic of the buttons in question:

Attachment 16304

I am in the UK if that is relevant.

I would love to know what they are for - especially if it is something cool

'Turbo boost' would be ideal
Why dont you just take the car to the dealer and ask? They should know. Please tell us when you find out im also curious.
Old 03-06-2006, 10:21 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='250630' date='Mar 6 2006, 04:02 PM
Sorry never seen it before. I'm curious also...
That looks like the button for the Smartnav (page 21 from the 5 series accessories brochure). The previous owner must have gotten the device installed and sold it to you without it.
Also it could be that the previous owner installed some custom device into the car and that's the only OEM button available.
Old 03-07-2006, 02:40 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='250711' date='Mar 6 2006, 07:21 PM
That looks like the button for the Smartnav (page 21 from the 5 series accessories brochure). The previous owner must have gotten the device installed and sold it to you without it.
Also it could be that the previous owner installed some custom device into the car and that's the only OEM button available.
You know what I think you might be right - tm = trafficmaster (at least it might do).

Reading up on the smartnav system if this was the one without a screen I think it is prolly still in the car, but is just dead cause noone has paid the subscription.

As it's 120 a year and I already have tomtom nav, I won't be paying, but as it's gps based I think they might still have the ability to track me wherever I go!
Old 03-10-2006, 07:59 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 BMW E60 530d High Executive

What is traffic master?
Old 03-11-2006, 06:16 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 520d M-sport - Steptronic - Carbon Black - Auburn Leather - Mem Seat - Cup Holders - Nav Pro - Light Pack - Dim/folding mirrors - Adv Airco - PDC - Aux/in - Non-smoke pack - De-badged - Delivery Mar 31, 2006

Tm = Totally meaningless
Old 03-11-2006, 02:57 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Ralph-NL' post='252843' date='Mar 10 2006, 04:59 PM
What is traffic master?
Traffic master is a UK subscription service which provides real time traffic flow information gathered from a network of roadside cameras.
Old 03-11-2006, 09:15 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 E60 Bi-Fuel Business Navigation Park distance control Sunroof extended airco with armrest 18" M5 rims with Runflats xbox with 2 headrests LCD front LCD video enabled Detachable towbar Alarm anti-blind rearview mirror Adaptive Xenon Bluetooth carkit Garage door opener integrated Headlight cleaning system Seat heating front

Originally Posted by needforspeed' post='253477' date='Mar 11 2006, 06:57 PM
Traffic master is a UK subscription service which provides real time traffic flow information gathered from a network of roadside cameras.

In the Netherlands this traffic information is free and is called TMC, but you dont need a button to activated it over here.

When there is a traffic-jam, my navigation system re-routes your way to your destination. In my e60 navigation system I can see a list of where they are working on the road or where happend an accident.
Old 03-12-2006, 02:37 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by Justin' post='253575' date='Mar 12 2006, 06:15 AM
In the Netherlands this traffic information is free and is called TMC, but you dont need a button to activated it over here.

When there is a traffic-jam, my navigation system re-routes your way to your destination. In my e60 navigation system I can see a list of where they are working on the road or where happend an accident.
Traffic master is a BMW after market product. Even in the UK the integrated Nav uses TMC to reroute. Read http://www.trafficmaster.co.uk/
Old 03-12-2006, 03:30 AM
Senior Members

Traffic-master is a subscription based navigation service. Push the Tm button and you are connected to the control centre where a operator asks you for your destination,once found this is then downloaded to your TM system which gives you verbal instructions whilst driving and will reroute you to avoid any traffic delays. The company i work for uses this system in their vehicles which have also been fitted with a small 3'' screen to display an arrow view like the BMW business nav
Old 03-12-2006, 06:55 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 535D Sport' post='253633' date='Mar 12 2006, 12:30 PM
Traffic-master is a subscription based navigation service. Push the Tm button and you are connected to the control centre where a operator asks you for your destination,once found this is then downloaded to your TM system which gives you verbal instructions whilst driving and will reroute you to avoid any traffic delays. The company i work for uses this system in their vehicles which have also been fitted with a small 3'' screen to display an arrow view like the BMW business nav
Is it any good - I think (it it is smartnav) that it could be re-activated for ?120 a year subscription - but as I have tomtom satnav I'm not sure if I should bother ?

Quick Reply: what does this button do ???