Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Treo 650 Update for BMW

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 08:11 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

Originally Posted by Arno' date='Jun 19 2005, 08:52 AM
Hi All,

Has anyone paired the Treo650 with Cingular service to the E60?

Thanks,
Arno
[snapback]140885[/snapback]
I got the Cingular 650 when it first came out. It paired OK but had some issues. Mostly with dropped calls as well as pairing issues.

As soon as Verizon came out with the 650 I got one of those. It pairs much better (i.e. less issues) and everything works faster than the Cingular version as well. Not to mention that Verizon's service is better in my area.

The speed dial buttons transferred first time.

I was actually using both phones for almost a month and I really prefer the Verizon one.

My $0.02 (and no, I have no ties to Verizon).
Old 06-22-2005, 04:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i - Cold Weather Package, Premium Package, Premium Sound, Steptronic, Comfort Seats, PDC, Xenon, Electric Sunshade

Hi Jobah and Realtyman,

Thank you for the follow-up and your thoughts.

Realtyman, do you use your Treo to access your local MLS system throught the web browser?

Thanks,
Arno
Old 06-23-2005, 07:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

Yes I do.
Old 06-23-2005, 01:57 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i -6speed - Comfort Seats - Premium Package - Premium Sound Package - Cold Weather Package - Ventilated Seats - Xenon -HUD - PDC - Nav

Originally Posted by realtyman' date='Jun 23 2005, 11:11 AM
Yes I do.
[snapback]142397[/snapback]

which MLS system do you guys use up there?

we currently use a REALTOR.COM client Program (WILDFYRE) & a locally developed web interface ..... but the local chamber is thinking about switching to a different system .. once again! switch #2 in little over a year.
Old 06-23-2005, 02:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i - Cold Weather Package, Premium Package, Premium Sound, Steptronic, Comfort Seats, PDC, Xenon, Electric Sunshade

We use MLXchange here in the Pittsburgh area. I stoped at a cingular store today and tried the url on a treo650 they had on display, but it came back with a message indicating that i needed to have scripting turned on. I'm not sure if this will support our mls Have to do a little more research.
Old 06-24-2005, 08:53 AM
Contributors

Our MLS developed their own system which can be accessed with the Treo (although it's slow it's good in a pinch).
I use a product called Pocket Real Estate and I also use Pocket Real Estate Wireless in the event I need something since my last sync with Pocket Real Estate. They interface with out MLS System.
I am working with a few software developers on several real estate related solutions, one of which is wireless.

So now that I know there a few other Realtors out here, am I the only one working 80 hrs a week?
Old 06-25-2005, 08:30 AM
Contributors

It just feels like 80 hours, you are probably doing more than that :-)
Old 06-27-2005, 10:52 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Ti Silver, Sport Package, Premium Sound Previous BMWs: 2004 745i. 2000 M5, 2000 X5, 1995 525 Touring

We use Homeseekers XMLSWeb here in Sarasota, and it has the same problem. In fact, you can't even access it with a PC running Firefox or with a Mac because it is so heavily tied to Internet Explorer.

According to Realty Times, XMLSweb now services over 60% of the Realtors in the US. This doesn't bode well for those of us who would like to access the MLS from our handhelds.

Guess I'll have to keep my T-Mobile WiFi account a while longer, even though I'm picking up a Treo 650 this week.

And no, realtyman, you're not the only one working 80 hrs/week. My wife and I are both Realtors, and we've been working 80-90 hours a week for the past 3 years!

--Les

Originally Posted by Arno' date='Jun 23 2005, 05:59 PM
We use MLXchange here in the Pittsburgh area. I stoped at a cingular store today and tried the url on a treo650 they had on display, but it came back with a message indicating that i needed to have scripting turned on. I'm not sure if this will support our mls? ? ? ? Have to do a little more research.
[snapback]142545[/snapback]
Old 06-28-2005, 07:17 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i -6speed - Comfort Seats - Premium Package - Premium Sound Package - Cold Weather Package - Ventilated Seats - Xenon -HUD - PDC - Nav

Right now we have sunshinemls here, with Wyldfyre (http://www.wyldfyre.com) as a PC client. neither wyldfyre nor the web version (http://www.sunshinemls.com) accept mac clients, unless you enable the debug menu in Safari, go to User Agent & change it to wo WINDOWS MSIE 6.0 ..... thats some bullshit!

the previous system we were using wasn't compatible with mac due to it being java based ... which 1/2 the county here still uses btw. reXplorer.

http://www.fgcmls.com/

i'm down in fort myers, lee county.

they were talking about switching to another system ... http://www.rapattoni.com
Old 06-28-2005, 07:51 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Ti Silver, Sport Package, Premium Sound Previous BMWs: 2004 745i. 2000 M5, 2000 X5, 1995 525 Touring

The Rapattoni system is pretty good. Manatee County just switched to their system from XMLSweb. The nice thing about Rapattoni is that it generates reports as pdf files, so you can e-mail them to your clients from your own e-mail program -- and you'll have a copy of the sent listings in your sent messages folder.

Of course, none of this has anything to do with BMWs!

--Les

Originally Posted by wiszmaster' date='Jun 28 2005, 10:17 AM
Right now we have sunshinemls here, with Wyldfyre (http://www.wyldfyre.com) as a PC client. neither wyldfyre nor the web version (http://www.sunshinemls.com) accept mac clients, unless you enable the debug menu in Safari, go to User Agent & change it to wo WINDOWS MSIE 6.0 ..... thats some bullshit!

the previous system we were using wasn't compatible with mac due to it being java based ... which 1/2 the county here still uses btw.? reXplorer.

http://www.fgcmls.com/

i'm down in fort myers, lee county.

they were talking about switching to another system ... http://www.rapattoni.com
[snapback]143775[/snapback]

Quick Reply: Treo 650 Update for BMW