Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Time for a Phone!! input??

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 03:48 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I paid $350 for the phone 'install' and $400 for the BMW phone. It works perfectly. I've heard the Mororola V60s will also work, but you may need Verizon as the carrier. I had heard enough people with problems that I just went and got the BMW phone so the dealer would be responsible for everything.
Old 08-27-2004, 03:48 PM
Contributors

Evenflow545:
Welcome to the forum. I am shocked, no not another dealer geek!! I have the BMW phone with AT&T service. It works great, mutes the music when a call comes in, understands the voice commands, gets excellent reception - no problems at all. Good luck
Old 08-28-2004, 10:10 AM
Senior Members

This is becomming a little confusing. People are mentioning Verizon and the V60. I thought that it had to be a blue tooth phone to integrate propperly. In NJ Verizon does not offer blue tooth phones or capability. My choices in NJ would be T-Mobile which I have and I currently have the Ericsson T39m which the initial information from BMW stated that this would work. Is it possible to use a NON Blue Tooth Phone?

Thanks for your input.
Old 08-28-2004, 10:22 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by skipper' date='Aug 28 2004, 02:10 PM
This is becomming a little confusing. People are mentioning Verizon and the V60. I thought that it had to be a blue tooth phone to integrate propperly. In NJ Verizon does not offer blue tooth phones or capability. My choices in NJ would be T-Mobile which I have and I currently have the Ericsson T39m which the initial information from BMW stated that this would work. Is it possible to use a NON Blue Tooth Phone?

Thanks for your input.
The people who are using generic V60 phones (Verizon or others) are not using BT phones.

The V60 phone that BMW supplies is also not a BT phone.

I don't think any US E60 works with BT due to a conflict with BMW Assist.
Old 08-28-2004, 10:43 AM
Senior Members

Rudy,

Thank you for the clarification. I was under the impression that I would have to wait until late SEP or early OCT to use the integrated phone due to working out the issues between BMW Assist and BT phones. I was not aware that a non blue tooth phone would work. Is there any disadvantage to using a normal non blue-tooth phone?

Thank you.

ps. I have read all of the forum posts but many of these concern European Specs. By the way my car is a 530 with Nav & Assist.
Old 08-28-2004, 01:41 PM
Members

Hi Everyone,

I want to thank all the members for your outstanding knowledge and support. I have certainly appreciated the professionalism and friendliness of this community.

I am new to the BMW arena. But due to everyone?s contributions here, my knowledge has increased exponentially.

According to my Sales Advisor in Germany, my 2005 545i will be shipped as ordered with the integration of Sat radio and the Navigation system. It seems BMW has successfully integrated the two systems for 2005 models. As far as Bluetooth capabilities, I?m told my car will arrive pre-wired but the dealer will have to complete the install/programming for a fee. Supposedly the system is fully functional with the BMW recommended Bluetooth phones.

In placing my order I was informed that on the 2005 545i model the following are NC or STD equipment:
1. Illuminated Sills from the Ambiance Lighting Package
2. Adaptive Xenon Headlights
3. Lumber support (I ordered Comfort Seats so I will not see the savings)
4. PDC
Old 08-30-2004, 10:53 AM
Members

Thanks for everyone for all the input. Great advice as expected.

Here's what I'm planning on doing:

I can pick up a V60 (the OLD TDMA one) for a $100. I'm *praying* that it will work with the car without any problems. My question now is...... Is anyone running the old TDMA V60 on AT&T, and if so, what version of the phone do you have?? V60i, V60G, etc.

I'm planning on doing the cradle install next weekend, and can't wait to tear up the car and take some pics for those who need a how-to for the future.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:45 PM
Super Moderator

The how-to was (I think) already posted with specifics from TIS.

Don't try it until you read them...
Old 08-30-2004, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator

Here's a link to some photos of the eject box install from the DIY forum.

I thought I'd posted some explicit TIS instructions on how to do it but couldn't find them. I'll try to post them tonight if I get a chance. (If anyone can find the earlier post to save me some time, I'd appreciate it!)
Old 08-30-2004, 04:02 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545 silver / black

My dealer quoted me 1,500 and said it was almost at his cost. I'm reading $350.00 on here. Is that for the parts and install or just the install labor? I don't need the actual phone since I already use a v60.

Dave

Quick Reply: Time for a Phone!! input??