Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Switching Treo from Sprint to Verizon

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 09:31 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by realtyman' post='236579
Originally Posted by realtyman' post='235428' date='Feb 5 2006, 11:52 PM
My Treo650 for Verizon works better than my Cingular one ever did. I haven't had any issues with it.
I also have my office "favorite" button which is programed to dial extra digits after the connection (but I need to push a button on the screen to initiate it). Is this what you were talking about? Mine works just fine.
That is what I was talking about. You can have the phone dial those numbers automatically by checking a box on the extra digits screen. I have a comma or two to delay the auto dialing. With this activated, my phone stays in a constant loop. Even without dialing that particular number. Weirdest thing. By unchecking the automatic dialing of the extra digits, my phone pairs and works great. So now, like you, I push the extra numbers button on my screen.

Some time when you are bored - edit your office favorite button and activate the auto dialing of the extra digits and see if your phone loops.
I'm never "that" bored.

Originally Posted by HaroldC' post='235952
My Treo650 for Verizon works better than my Cingular one ever did. I haven't had any issues with it.
I also have my office "favorite" button which is programed to dial extra digits after the connection (but I need to push a button on the screen to initiate it). Is this what you were talking about? Mine works just fine.

Hi Realtyman,
I have tried every trick I know to get my Treo 650 to work. Do you perhaps have a newer phone with a version of the firmware higher than the 1.04, which is the latest update on the Palm website? Whatever I have tried, including paring my favorites virtually down to zero, my Treo just gets into an endless cycle of reboots. Any ideas or thoughts you might have would be much appreciated. My inalbility to use the bluetooth in my car remains a huge frustration for me.
Harold
[/quote]
I'm looking at mine right now. It appears that I have Phone v1.0
Not sure what your problem is.
Do you have any "dial extra numbers" issues like in the above post?
[/quote]

My version is 1.04 which may be part of the problem. I do not have any extra numbers added to any of my favorites. I can only hope for a firmware upgrade that will fix the problem....2008 if I am lucky with Verizon. Thanks for your input.
Old 02-08-2006, 08:15 AM
Contributors

I am using version 1.04 - with no issue. If you have a buddy at your dealer, ask if you can sit in a car and try to pair it. That will establish whether or not its your car's bluetooth. Just a thought.
Old 02-08-2006, 08:44 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Green-Crayon' post='236747' date='Feb 8 2006, 09:15 AM
I am using version 1.04 - with no issue. If you have a buddy at your dealer, ask if you can sit in a car and try to pair it. That will establish whether or not its your car's bluetooth. Just a thought.
My phone pairs without any problem. It then goes into an endless reboot cycle which will not stop. It is difficult for me to understand why yours would work and mine would not. I even removed my "contacts" button out of my favorites, but to no avail. In the past I have tried to cut down on the number of favorites, again without success. Perhaps it is my voicemail favorite. Do you have your voicemail as a favorite?
Old 02-08-2006, 01:10 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by HaroldC' post='236750
My phone pairs without any problem. It then goes into an endless reboot cycle which will not stop. It is difficult for me to understand why yours would work and mine would not. I even removed my "contacts" button out of my favorites, but to no avail. In the past I have tried to cut down on the number of favorites, again without success. Perhaps it is my voicemail favorite. Do you have your voicemail as a favorite?
[/quote]

I do - But I dont think it shows up in the car as a saved number. I'll have to look as I leave today. This morning I clicked the dial automatically button again on one of my favorites and it went into the loop. I know you have checked a thousand times - but are you sure none of your favorites have that checked on the second screen. Also, I have replaced all my favorite buttons with numbers - so - some of the favorites that were the camera and the calendar, etc. are gone. I only have names and numbers. Do you still have some of the ancillary stuff on any of your favorite buttons?
Old 02-09-2006, 07:56 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Green-Crayon' post='236938
Originally Posted by Green-Crayon' post='236747' date='Feb 8 2006, 09:15 AM
I do - But I dont think it shows up in the car as a saved number. I'll have to look as I leave today. This morning I clicked the dial automatically button again on one of my favorites and it went into the loop. I know you have checked a thousand times - but are you sure none of your favorites have that checked on the second screen. Also, I have replaced all my favorite buttons with numbers - so - some of the favorites that were the camera and the calendar, etc. are gone. I only have names and numbers. Do you still have some of the ancillary stuff on any of your favorite buttons?
[/quote]

I took out all the ancillary stuff in the first two rows of buttons on the main screen and still had the looping probem. I did leave the voicemail in place. I checked every favorite and do not have any set up to automatically dial. I will try and fill the first two rows with numbers this weekend and give it a another shot, but doubt that this will make one bit of differece. Unless Palm/Verizon comes up with a software fix I believe I am doomed.
Old 02-17-2006, 06:48 AM
Members

My Ride: mystic blue 530i, auburn dakota, sport, nav, cold, dob 1-25-2006

Some Questions: Did the fellow who switched get the software patch necessary for the Treo to work put into his car or the phone? Was it a new phone? Harold how old is your CIP? Realtyman same question.

thanks! I am on a blackberry and getting ready for the switch to either non Verizon or Treo with Verizon whatever will work...

David...
Old 02-17-2006, 10:45 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 Alpine White 550i, Auburn Int., AS, CA, SMG, Premium Sound, Sport Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Fold Down Rear Seats, HUD, Navi, SIRIUS, M Body Kit

Yeah does anyone else have anymore insight on this? I have a Verizon Treo 650 and wanted some info on this... Do I need to delete all of the favorites it came with and just store individual numbers or can I just leave it the way it is? I have version 1.04 and would at least like to be connected even if its without my phonebook. Any info would be very helpful. Also, is there anyway you can get SMS on your idrive screen? Or am I just asking for too much?
Old 02-17-2006, 07:35 PM
Members

Originally Posted by fenstermaker' post='241791' date='Feb 17 2006, 07:48 AM
Some Questions: Did the fellow who switched get the software patch necessary for the Treo to work put into his car or the phone? Was it a new phone? Harold how old is your CIP? Realtyman same question.

thanks! I am on a blackberry and getting ready for the switch to either non Verizon or Treo with Verizon whatever will work...

David...
My CIP was updated to what I believe is 20.0 or 20.1. That was done 3 weeks ago. That gave me the ability among other things to use MP3 discs in my in-dash CD player (my car is a Sept 2005 build 550i). I sat in the car with my service guy and he easily paired and used a Motorola Razr from Verizon. It worked perfectly. I have version 1.04 on my phone. I have basically given up, having tried all of the suggestions on this forum and elsewhere. I just cannot understand how some of the Verizon Treos are able to work and some are not.

Harold
Old 02-17-2006, 07:40 PM
Members

My Ride: mystic blue 530i, auburn dakota, sport, nav, cold, dob 1-25-2006

There is a software patch that is for the Treo with Sprint...version 1.12 which has to be downloaded into your phone...is this what you did?
Old 02-23-2006, 04:39 PM
Senior Members

I have a Verizon Treo 650 and it pairs instantly and works flawlessly so I cannot offer assistance. Sorry.

Quick Reply: Switching Treo from Sprint to Verizon