Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Switching Treo from Sprint to Verizon

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 05:38 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our company just switched from Sprint to Verizon. We got new Treo 650s - My old Sprint Treo 650 was flawless with pairing, speed dial load, and talking. Now with my new phone I can get it to pair for a second - I can make or receive a call immediuately after pairing - once I hang up the reboot loop starts. If I don;t make a call immed., the reboot loop starts after a minute or so. I have the latest update. Any thoughts on what I may be doing differently? I have searched and seen several Verizon TREOs woking well... Help!
Old 01-31-2006, 06:34 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Green-Crayon' post='232230' date='Jan 30 2006, 06:38 PM
Our company just switched from Sprint to Verizon. We got new Treo 650s - My old Sprint Treo 650 was flawless with pairing, speed dial load, and talking. Now with my new phone I can get it to pair for a second - I can make or receive a call immediuately after pairing - once I hang up the reboot loop starts. If I don;t make a call immed., the reboot loop starts after a minute or so. I have the latest update. Any thoughts on what I may be doing differently? I have searched and seen several Verizon TREOs woking well... Help!
Old 01-31-2006, 06:45 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Green-Crayon' post='232230' date='Jan 30 2006, 06:38 PM
I have a Verizon Treo 650 and a 550i. My Treo behaves in much the same way, with an endless series of reboots. I have not read of anyone with a Verizon Treo having success. My understanding is that the only way that the Verizon Treo will work is for Verizon/Palm to upgrade the firmware. I have no idea how to find out if that will ever happen. I presume the Verizon Treo can be made to work with the BMW car kit given the ability of the Sprint unit to perform adequatly, although this is pure speculation on my part. I remain very frustrated with my inablity to use the bluetooth feature in my car with my current Treo. Perhaps someone else has additional information.
Old 02-01-2006, 03:34 PM
Contributors

I Fixed it!!

In my favorite buttons I had a few numbers that automatically dialed passwords and mailbox numbers. I eliminated the 'dial automatically' feature onthese numbers - and my phone pairs and works perfect. Maybe its a Verizon thing. Hope it helps you as well!
Old 02-01-2006, 10:29 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Green-Crayon' post='233282' date='Feb 1 2006, 04:34 PM
I Fixed it!!

In my favorite buttons I had a few numbers that automatically dialed passwords and mailbox numbers. I eliminated the 'dial automatically' feature onthese numbers - and my phone pairs and works perfect. Maybe its a Verizon thing. Hope it helps you as well!
Hi Green Crayon. Thanks for the feedback. I will give it a try, although I dont have much confidence.

Harold
Old 02-05-2006, 07:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

My Treo650 for Verizon works better than my Cingular one ever did. I haven't had any issues with it.
I also have my office "favorite" button which is programed to dial extra digits after the connection (but I need to push a button on the screen to initiate it). Is this what you were talking about? Mine works just fine.
Old 02-06-2006, 04:14 AM
Members

My Ride: mystic blue 530i, auburn dakota, sport, nav, cold, dob 1-25-2006

Originally Posted by Green-Crayon' post='232230' date='Jan 30 2006, 09:38 PM
The software patch for the Sprint Treo is custom for Sprint. If I am not mistaken, Verizon only has 3 phones that are able to work with the car. All are Motorola.
Old 02-06-2006, 05:13 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by realtyman' post='235428' date='Feb 5 2006, 11:52 PM
My Treo650 for Verizon works better than my Cingular one ever did. I haven't had any issues with it.
I also have my office "favorite" button which is programed to dial extra digits after the connection (but I need to push a button on the screen to initiate it). Is this what you were talking about? Mine works just fine.
That is what I was talking about. You can have the phone dial those numbers automatically by checking a box on the extra digits screen. I have a comma or two to delay the auto dialing. With this activated, my phone stays in a constant loop. Even without dialing that particular number. Weirdest thing. By unchecking the automatic dialing of the extra digits, my phone pairs and works great. So now, like you, I push the extra numbers button on my screen.

Some time when you are bored - edit your office favorite button and activate the auto dialing of the extra digits and see if your phone loops.
Old 02-06-2006, 05:19 PM
Members

Originally Posted by realtyman' post='235428' date='Feb 5 2006, 08:52 PM

Hi Realtyman,
I have tried every trick I know to get my Treo 650 to work. Do you perhaps have a newer phone with a version of the firmware higher than the 1.04, which is the latest update on the Palm website? Whatever I have tried, including paring my favorites virtually down to zero, my Treo just gets into an endless cycle of reboots. Any ideas or thoughts you might have would be much appreciated. My inalbility to use the bluetooth in my car remains a huge frustration for me.
Harold
Old 02-07-2006, 08:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

Originally Posted by Green-Crayon' post='235949
That is what I was talking about. You can have the phone dial those numbers automatically by checking a box on the extra digits screen. I have a comma or two to delay the auto dialing. With this activated, my phone stays in a constant loop. Even without dialing that particular number. Weirdest thing. By unchecking the automatic dialing of the extra digits, my phone pairs and works great. So now, like you, I push the extra numbers button on my screen.

Some time when you are bored - edit your office favorite button and activate the auto dialing of the extra digits and see if your phone loops.
[/quote]
I'm never "that" bored.

Originally Posted by HaroldC' post='235952

Hi Realtyman,
I have tried every trick I know to get my Treo 650 to work. Do you perhaps have a newer phone with a version of the firmware higher than the 1.04, which is the latest update on the Palm website? Whatever I have tried, including paring my favorites virtually down to zero, my Treo just gets into an endless cycle of reboots. Any ideas or thoughts you might have would be much appreciated. My inalbility to use the bluetooth in my car remains a huge frustration for me.
Harold
[/quote]
I'm looking at mine right now. It appears that I have Phone v1.0
Not sure what your problem is.
Do you have any "dial extra numbers" issues like in the above post?

Quick Reply: Switching Treo from Sprint to Verizon