Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Smartphone+Bluetooth+MP3=Wireless Tunes?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 09:18 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the TCU in our cars has its own speaker.. ? At least my phone-only (nav business) voice commands does not seem to come from the main speakers (and have poor sound quality).

a.

Originally Posted by UUronL' date='Jun 20 2005, 10:32 PM
[quote name='tcumbo' date='Jun 19 2005, 02:08 PM']...another new option for us.? If you have an Aux Input, you could connect a Motorola DC800 to it.? Its a receiver of bluetooth broadcast streams... meaning, you could plug the headphone-out of the DC800 to you Aux Input and keep the whole thing tucked away in your glove compartment.? Then simply play music on your BT-enable MP3 player and it will broadcast perfectly out your car speakers.

Can't find too much out about the DC800 yet, but its supposed to be out soon.
[snapback]140939[/snapback]

Right, but there's an awfully good chance that our cars can be made to perform this function with some code upgrades. I'm not too concerned with adding the two bluetooth profiles, that shouldn't be a huge issue. I'd imagine that quite a few MOST commands will need to be pieced together around the function of such an interconnect, although it shouldn't be impossible. Things like adding the input to the list of sources when the device is in range, how things like mute will behave when a call comes in, how to prioritize the utilization of the BT link, turning hard control commands into BT commands to be transfered to the device, how to accept BT information and display it onscreen, etc... I hope they go to the trouble of doing it.

We're so close to not having to worry about wiring devices like these into cars. Apple needs to hurry up with the BT iPods already.

Oh, and I finally got my replacement battery for my laptop - I should be able to try the audio gateway profile to see if I can pass audio to the BMW. I'll report back on my findings.
[snapback]141273[/snapback]
[/quote]
Old 06-21-2005, 02:28 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

You are correct, however I am assuming that the MOST system has enough bandwidth on the bus to transmit the 700 kilobits/sec in the A2DP spec to the proper audio portions of the system. Just as data from the phone book profile is being sent to the screen, it should be possible to send data to the portion of the system that is responsible for playing MP3 data or any other audio source.

Originally Posted by atta_svg' date='Jun 21 2005, 12:18 PM
I think the TCU in our cars has its own speaker.. ? At least my phone-only (nav business) voice commands does not seem to come from the main speakers (and have poor sound quality).

a.

[quote name='UUronL' date='Jun 20 2005, 10:32 PM'][quote name='tcumbo' date='Jun 19 2005, 02:08 PM']...another new option for us.? If you have an Aux Input, you could connect a Motorola DC800 to it.? Its a receiver of bluetooth broadcast streams... meaning, you could plug the headphone-out of the DC800 to you Aux Input and keep the whole thing tucked away in your glove compartment.? Then simply play music on your BT-enable MP3 player and it will broadcast perfectly out your car speakers.

Can't find too much out about the DC800 yet, but its supposed to be out soon.
[snapback]140939[/snapback]

Right, but there's an awfully good chance that our cars can be made to perform this function with some code upgrades. I'm not too concerned with adding the two bluetooth profiles, that shouldn't be a huge issue. I'd imagine that quite a few MOST commands will need to be pieced together around the function of such an interconnect, although it shouldn't be impossible. Things like adding the input to the list of sources when the device is in range, how things like mute will behave when a call comes in, how to prioritize the utilization of the BT link, turning hard control commands into BT commands to be transfered to the device, how to accept BT information and display it onscreen, etc... I hope they go to the trouble of doing it.

We're so close to not having to worry about wiring devices like these into cars. Apple needs to hurry up with the BT iPods already.

Oh, and I finally got my replacement battery for my laptop - I should be able to try the audio gateway profile to see if I can pass audio to the BMW. I'll report back on my findings.
[snapback]141273[/snapback]
[/quote]
[snapback]141590[/snapback]
[/quote]