Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Siemens S55 / S65, any users out there?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 09:18 PM
AMP
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the BT kit in my '04 X5 and have had a generally bad experience with it. The most frustrating problem was the sound quality during calls.

I have an E60 (550i) on the way and am going to give the integrated bluetooth kit another shot. I know that the ULF used in the E60 is greatly improved over the original version that I had and I'm hoping that I don't have as many problems with it.

I'll be purchasing a "new" handset for the car and that handset will be left in the cradle. I've always liked the performance of the Siemens phones and am wondering if someone can give me an idea of how the S65 behaves with the E60. I know that the phonebook transfer is limited to the contents of the SIM and that doesn't bother me.

Are there any issues with the S65 (especially related to voice quality)? Will the S65 display the signal strength on the dash?

I also have an old S55, V600, Nokia 3230, and a V3 RAZR on hand and plan to give them all a shot as well.

Insight appreciated...

Thanks!!
-Andrew
Old 02-19-2006, 10:11 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AMP' post='243019' date='Feb 20 2006, 12:18 AM
I have the BT kit in my '04 X5 and have had a generally bad experience with it. The most frustrating problem was the sound quality during calls.

I have an E60 (550i) on the way and am going to give the integrated bluetooth kit another shot. I know that the ULF used in the E60 is greatly improved over the original version that I had and I'm hoping that I don't have as many problems with it.

I'll be purchasing a "new" handset for the car and that handset will be left in the cradle. I've always liked the performance of the Siemens phones and am wondering if someone can give me an idea of how the S65 behaves with the E60. I know that the phonebook transfer is limited to the contents of the SIM and that doesn't bother me.

Are there any issues with the S65 (especially related to voice quality)? Will the S65 display the signal strength on the dash?

I also have an old S55, V600, Nokia 3230, and a V3 RAZR on hand and plan to give them all a shot as well.

Insight appreciated...

Thanks!!
-Andrew
Hi Andrew, I've been using a Siemens S65 with my E60 for almost 10 months now. The S65 has worked very well with the BMW bluetooth interface. Never fails to pair and from what I've gathered the voice quality is good.

Phone book transfer is only from SIM, be aware that you'll need to make sure the phone book records in the sim are numbered in proper sequence, i.e When I first got my phone, the phonebook was migrated from my previous phone (Nokia) by the service provider and it was generally a mess in my SIM card, the phonebook just refused to transfer to the E60. I had to spend an afternoon cleaning up the entries so that there were no empty records in between and all records were numbered in proper sequence from 1,2,3 so on and the phone book now transfers great, updates within minutes of pairing.

My S65 is dying and I'm thinking of trying the new Siemens S75, hoping the cradle for the S65 will work with the 75 (they are almost the same size)

BTW, congrats on the 550i.