Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

RAZR Battery life... is it just me?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 06:20 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Current... 2005 545i Black/Black/Anthracite, Sport Package, Steptronic, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, Cold Weather, Fold Down Rear, Sirius.

I've had my RAZR for a little over a week now....... I love the phone, but it seems that the battery doesn't last much beyond 3-4 days..... I really don't use it that much.

Do you supposed the BT link drains it, even though it's not "in use"?

Any others experience a shorter battery life than what you expected?
Old 02-07-2006, 07:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

Originally Posted by Spartacus_33' post='236175' date='Feb 7 2006, 11:20 AM
I've had my RAZR for a little over a week now....... I love the phone, but it seems that the battery doesn't last much beyond 3-4 days..... I really don't use it that much.

Hey Sartacus,
Remember me from bimmerfest when you were asking around about getting your RAZR? In answering your question, there is no doubt that having a persistent BT connection to your car will drain the batteries even when you are not using it to make a call. I know I read that somewhere... My solution has to always recharge my phone every night. It's a habit ever since I owned the POS Motorola T720. BTW, I also have a RAZR car charger.

Off topic a bit, but did you know that you can get the RAZR to pair with a BT laptop(IBM T42) but the DUN id and password will not work. :thumbsdown: It did for the V710 though.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:35 AM
Members

My Ride: Current... 2005 545i Black/Black/Anthracite, Sport Package, Steptronic, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, Cold Weather, Fold Down Rear, Sirius.

Originally Posted by jiio' post='236199

Hey Sartacus,
Remember me from bimmerfest when you were asking around about getting your RAZR? In answering your question, there is no doubt that having a persistent BT connection to your car will drain the batteries even when you are not using it to make a call. I know I read that somewhere... My solution has to always recharge my phone every night. It's a habit ever since I owned the POS Motorola T720. BTW, I also have a RAZR car charger.

Off topic a bit, but did you know that you can get the RAZR to pair with a BT laptop(IBM T42) but the DUN id and password will not work. :thumbsdown: It did for the V710 though.
[/quote]
jiio...... if that is you in the avatar........ how could I ever forget you! Yes, I remember you. Do you know if charging the battery every night will affect the longevity of the charge over time, (ie develop a short term memory?)
Old 02-07-2006, 08:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

Originally Posted by Spartacus_33' post='236202
Originally Posted by Spartacus_33' post='236175' date='Feb 7 2006, 11:20 AM

Hey Sartacus,

jiio...... if that is you in the avatar........ how could I ever forget you! Yes, I remember you. Do you know if charging the battery every night will affect the longevity of the charge over time, (ie develop a short term memory?)
[/quote]

Sorry, Spartacus but my avatar is of Sung Hi Lee the Korean supermodel. That picture is airbrushed to where even other pictures of her pale in comparison. I know that she had a spread on Playboy a while back Other people who know about her will tell you she's kinda getting old-er. The picture is also my wallpaper on my laptop. My girlfriend likes the picture too... Off topic again, but my girlfriend loves to look at gorgeous women. Last weekend I took her to a night club here in SD called "On Broadway." There is a go-go dancer that's half white/asian. Perfect tight body and beauty face. My girl could not stop looking at her and once she even went and tipped her $5. Here is my girl's pic. Man, fantasizing about being between the go-go dancer and my girl.

Anyway, back to the topic... If you read the RAZR manual, I believe it says it is okay to recharge the phone on a daily basis. The rechargeable batteries in the RAZR are not like those the early models where frequently recharging will shorten the life of the battery. You do not have to fully discharge the RAZR before recharging.

RAZR Battery life... is it just me?-yv.jpg
Old 02-07-2006, 09:08 AM
Members

Here is my girl's pic. Man, fantasizing about being between the go-go dancer and my girl.
DUDE........ you are "Living the Dream"!
Old 02-07-2006, 11:00 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545iS 6 spd, bought new via eBay, 11/05; Blk/Gry, Cold, L7, PDC, BMW Rear seatcover for pets. First "Bumwa" was a new 1971 2002. High performance 5s since 1987. Beamer motorcycles too, currently on an 07 BMW K1200 GT; also a Moto Guzzi 1000 SP III.

Originally Posted by Spartacus_33' post='236175' date='Feb 7 2006, 10:20 AM

There have been several articles regarding low battery performance on Razrs; apparently it's an engineering tradeoff for its slim size.

Plug it in!
Ray Hull
Old 02-09-2006, 01:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i 6 speed

My V551 gets ~ 1.5 days with BT on, so 3-4 days would be a mayor improvement for me...
Old 02-10-2006, 03:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by drjochen' post='237530' date='Feb 9 2006, 05:59 PM
My V551 gets ~ 1.5 days with BT on, so 3-4 days would be a mayor improvement for me...
Try the new v557. I did starting around 2nd week of Jan. Last far longer. 4-5 days easy and sometimes up to the 7th day. I have not yet taken my charger to put in car #2 or 3 as I do not have to worry about phone going dead while using them now. Identical form factor, has some new internet feature, but I do not use it. I am very pleased with this extended battery life.
Old 02-10-2006, 04:49 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 530i-

I certainly plug in my RAZR every night as well as my Motorola BT headset.