Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

V3 cradle for Japan only ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 05:02 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530e G30
Model Year: 2017

It was reported to me that there are rumours about availability for a BMW E60 V3 cradle for Japan BMW market only.

Anyone heard anything about that ?
Japanese user ?
Old 12-05-2005, 01:20 AM
Members

Well, I'd go for it :-))
Old 12-11-2005, 04:11 AM
Senior Members

It's about time BMW catches up a little on cradles. We seemed to be using some of the rather old phones because of the cradle.

The V3 is known to be heavy on the battery when bluetooth is enabled and a cradle would be able to circumvent this problem
Old 12-13-2005, 05:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

Too little, too late.

I have had my V3 RAZR for well over a year now.... and I am about to trade up for the Motorola Q.

I would have liked to have a cradle for the car, but now it's too late. The RAZR is yesterday's news.

Next time, get the cradle out sooner.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:19 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

It's kind of a losing battle for BMW, I think, to provide enough cradle choices to please everyone. There are some people who always have the latest phone and keep upgrading each time one comes out and there are some people who wait until that same phone is offered for next to nothing before they get one. My bet is that there are more people in the second group than in the first. I agree that the RAZR V3 may be yesterday's news to people who like the latest and greatest but my bet is that now there will be more RAZR V3 users out there as the carriers begin to offer them for free.

Should BMW invest all the time and money developing a cradle to please the minority group or the majority group? I'm not sure there's a simple answer other than to say that it probably makes the most sense to aim at the majority group once the phone has proven itself in the market.

The whole concept of Bluetooth was supposed to end this whole cradle/interface debate, wasn't it? If only there was a standard for charging voltage, charging connector, antenna connector, and case dimensions. Now wouldn't that be nice?
Old 12-14-2005, 03:03 AM
Members

I totally agree.
Luca
Old 12-15-2005, 05:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

You will also notice a dearth of accessories such as a home charging cradle while connecting to computer similar to other models even from Motorola for the RAZR series. Just too hard a form factor IMO.
Old 01-04-2006, 12:07 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535D

I have good news
My dealer called me the other day saying he has info from BMW that the cradle for V3 will be available in Fabruary-March. Price - 75 EUR
Old 01-04-2006, 01:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i (SE), Auto-Dim Int + Folding Ext. Mirrors, Automatic Gearbox, Bluetooth Telephone Preparation, BMW 6 Disc CD Changer, Heated Front Seats, HiFi Speaker System, Leather interior, Navigation System - Business, Sports Suspension, Star Spoke 123 8Jx18" + Run Flat Tyres. M-Tech Kit.

Originally Posted by igor' post='218948' date='Jan 4 2006, 09:07 AM
I have good news
My dealer called me the other day saying he has info from BMW that the cradle for V3 will be available in Fabruary-March. Price - 75 EUR
This is good news!, hopefully it's true, particularily as the new slightly improved V3i is out now, apparently with indentical dimensions to the existing V3
Old 01-07-2006, 05:42 AM
Members

My Ride: E60 2005 535d Sport, Carbon Black, 19" M-light Double Spoke 172 8J Alloys, Media Package, Bi-Xenons, Heated seats, Black Dakota leather, Sun protection glass.

Hello all - Happy New Year,
I bought the new Motorola v3x yesterday, it's substantially bigger than the previous versions - it has a 2Mb camera which I'm not happy with, so I think I'll change it back to the v3i.

They both link well to the iDrive. Ultimately I'm a Nokia fan, but their designs are now just so plain and boring...even their N series.

regards
Grafiker

Quick Reply: V3 cradle for Japan only ?