Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Possibility connecting Nokia phone to Phone Professional

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 08:02 AM
RNL
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First of all, great forum! Got my '05 530d last Thursday (it drives so nice! , and already have a question.

I assumed I would be able to connect my phone via bluetooth to the car since my car has Navi Professional and Phone Professional. Now it turns out I can only connect the BMW handset to the car via bluetooth and have to have a second simcard.

Is there any chance I would be able to connect my own Nokia 6310i to the car instead of using the BMW handset with the second simcard? I've tried to find the answer in the forums, but couldn't really find it. Found this topic but it's pretty old and didn't give an answer. Good tech info, though!

Would it be possible with only a software change? My dealer has to upgrade the software anyway, I assume, since the eyebrows aren't working. (Read this on the forum, good info here!) The cables for phone etc and bluetooth is already integrated in the car, isn't it?

Or should I replace the unit in the center console, in which currently the BMW handset is stored, with a unit in which I can use my Nokia? I don't necessarily need to charge my phone while driving.

Greets from the Netherlands!
Old 02-18-2009, 07:04 AM
Members

Originally Posted by RNL' post='793296' date='Feb 15 2009, 05:02 PM
First of all, great forum! Got my '05 530d last Thursday (it drives so nice! , and already have a question.

I assumed I would be able to connect my phone via bluetooth to the car since my car has Navi Professional and Phone Professional. Now it turns out I can only connect the BMW handset to the car via bluetooth and have to have a second simcard.

Is there any chance I would be able to connect my own Nokia 6310i to the car instead of using the BMW handset with the second simcard? I've tried to find the answer in the forums, but couldn't really find it. Found this topic but it's pretty old and didn't give an answer. Good tech info, though!

Would it be possible with only a software change? My dealer has to upgrade the software anyway, I assume, since the eyebrows aren't working. (Read this on the forum, good info here!) The cables for phone etc and bluetooth is already integrated in the car, isn't it?

Or should I replace the unit in the center console, in which currently the BMW handset is stored, with a unit in which I can use my Nokia? I don't necessarily need to charge my phone while driving.

Greets from the Netherlands!

i have the same issue, you can not blue tooth your phone if you have the BMW phone fitted, tranfere your contact mobile numbers to your sim and then insert sim in car phone, all contacts then are displayed and you can use the phone.
Old 02-20-2009, 01:23 PM
RNL
Members

Originally Posted by 531johns' post='795848' date='Feb 18 2009, 05:04 PM
i have the same issue, you can not blue tooth your phone if you have the BMW phone fitted, tranfere your contact mobile numbers to your sim and then insert sim in car phone, all contacts then are displayed and you can use the phone.
But it's got to be possible in some way... some parts that need replacement, new cables (I assume not?), software update?
Old 04-24-2009, 07:32 AM
Members

I have the same issue. In fact the original BMW handset was not even supplied with my car (BMW Approved Used Car).

I have now just ordered a PAYG Sim and will have to live with diverting my mobile to the PAYG everytime I get in the car.
A pain in the A*** but I cannot see any better solution unless anyone knows of a way that I can get a proper bluetooth setup working?