Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Please help w/Cingular V3 razor settings!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 12:37 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 07' 550i sport; Sapphire Black/Auburn; sport package; steptronic; navigation with R.T.T.I.; heads up; cold weather package; Logic-7; BMW MOST ipod kit; Motorola V3 snap-in adapter; rear heated seats and rear shades; anthracite headliner; sirrius sat. radio; M-aero kit; OEM style 166 Wheels with 245/35-19 front and 285/30-19 rear Michelin PS2s.

I have a 9/06 build 550i w/ dealer installed BMW snap in cradle for Motorola V3 Razr. I have a black Cingular V3 Razr (not an unlocked grey market phone...its from Cingular). I recently had an 06' 325i loaner with bluetooth and the hands- free phone system worked better than with my 550. What gives?

The biggest problem I am experiencing is having the system automatically end my active call whenever I get incoming calls. Example: I will be on the phone and get an incoming call. I get no notice from the car of the new call (I simply hear my phone ring), and no choice whether to answer or ignore the new call in i-drive. Then on the last ring (#4 before going to voicemail), my active call goes dead and the music comes back on!! To make it worse, the system usually gets all confused and doesn't 'end' the call, so if I go to redial, it behaves as if I'm still on the phone!! often I have to wait 5-10 minutes before reconnecting with people who were cut off mid sentence. Sometimes I have to turn the phone off and back on again just to recycle the system to make another call!!! Totally unacceptable.

- I have disabled call waiting and now this is not an issue, but should I have to do this? My last 01' BMW had voice dialing/hands-free calling and it allowed for call waiting? So did the 06' 325i loaner! I take 1/3 of my calls via call waiting. Now my clients have to suffer because of this?

My best guess as to the cause of this problem is that the message that the Razr displays when you miss a call (It changes screens) paralyzes the BMW hands-free system. As all Razr owners know, the Razr won't function until you view or ignore your "missed calls". Since there is no way of doing this in i-drive...its a dead-end road!

So my question to the board is - are there any settings that I can change on my Razr to make the phone more user-friendly with the 550? I wish a hacker could modify the way the system works to address this call waiting problem, and also to eliminate the childish tone you have to wait for before speaking with the voice commands....that too was blissfully absent on the 325.

Any help is much appreciated,
DRP
Old 01-10-2007, 06:24 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 530i (SE), Auto-Dim Int + Folding Ext. Mirrors, Automatic Gearbox, Bluetooth Telephone Preparation, BMW 6 Disc CD Changer, Heated Front Seats, HiFi Speaker System, Leather interior, Navigation System - Business, Sports Suspension, Star Spoke 123 8Jx18" + Run Flat Tyres. M-Tech Kit.

Your post will probably be moved to the Bluetooth & Cellphone Forum, but everyone's too busy with the Facelift Topic's for now

Unfortunately the Call Waiting problem is a known fault, officially covered by Bulletin:

http://www.alldata.com/tsb/BMW/11361024000...06/8402061.html

There are no settings to change other than what you've already done - i.e disable it.