Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Razor phone and the BMW

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 09:07 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After owining my 550I and razor cingular phone for a month I have some insights

1. BMW should NEVER reccomend the razor phone at a BT pairing. Everyone in the world has call waiting and if you dont answer the second call you lose BOTH CALLS everytime.

2. If you switch using idrive to answer the second call you always lose the first call.

3. There is NO SUCH phone in the world that can pair with idrive that does not drop calls on all call waiting issues using BMW Bluetooth.

4. There is only one solution and that is to always disable call waiting on ANY phone unless you want to manually switch using the phone itself.
5. That synching the phone with a mac computer creates TWO phone books everytime using isync

6. As of the beggining of this thread in January there are no fixes 6 months later and every forum on BT with idrive are reporting no problems with the RAZOR Phone, which is very funny because BMW, and Motorola all know every one of these customers are losing calls all day long and disconnecting all the time.

7. Lastly that right now BT and mobile phones and cars are in the dinasour age with no firmware updates, few knowledgable people and bad service at the cingular , BMW and Motorola tech departments..

I say lets close this story until someone invents something that works reliably...which I think will take a long time!!
sorry for the rant!!
Old 06-18-2006, 09:09 AM
Members

AFFECTED HANDSET

Motorola RAZR V3 with R374_G_0E.41.C3R_B software, (Cingular)

SITUATION
The customer complaints that during a Bluetoothreg; hands free phone call, the hands free audio connection is lost if a call waiting call is not answered. Then it is no longer possible to place a call via the vehicle.

The following scenarios will cause the handset to send the "terminate call" message via Bluetoothreg; to the vehicle:

During an active phone call, a second incoming call (call waiting call) is received but is not answered.

During an active phone call, a second incoming call (call waiting call) is received and "Ignore call" is selected via the handset.

During an active phone call, a second incoming call (call waiting call) is received but the caller terminates the second incoming call before it goes to phone mail.

In the above listed scenarios, the handset still shows the first call as active in the handset but there is no audio heard in the vehicle or via the handset.

CAUSE
A handset software error.
Old 06-18-2006, 12:24 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by dropcallbaby' post='299322' date='Jun 18 2006, 01:07 PM
1. BMW should NEVER reccomend the razor phone at a BT pairing. Everyone in the world has call waiting and if you dont answer the second call you lose BOTH CALLS everytime.
Good to know. Wife has a V3 but never ran into this issue. FWIW, I don't have (or I should say use) call waiting. I find it VERY irritating. I rather have multiple lines that hunt for an available one. I'm sure I'm a minority but at least I'm not everyone
Old 06-29-2006, 07:54 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 Sapphire Black on Black M5 - loaded sans soft close doors

Any clue if this issue is specific to Cingular or does it occur with US Cellular and Verizon as well?
Old 06-29-2006, 08:38 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by doug_999' post='305107' date='Jun 29 2006, 11:54 AM
Any clue if this issue is specific to Cingular or does it occur with US Cellular and Verizon as well?
I haven't had the problem with Verizon or TMobile but then I really don't use call waiting.
Old 06-29-2006, 09:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

T-Mobile and V3. yes if you're on a call and someone tries to call in it'll drop both calls. Luckly I dont usually have that many calls so it hasnt been that much of a problem.
Old 06-30-2006, 06:49 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by doug_999' post='305107' date='Jun 29 2006, 11:54 AM
Both the Verizon V3c and V3m work perfectly.