Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Phone killed by dealer during service

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 09:36 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I kept getting the D.D.M. error message, dealer found a DSC fault and replaced the ARS module and reprogrammed my car. After the reprogramming my phone didn't work. I have the old BMW flip phone and cradle, it had always worked perfectly before the software update. My car has been back at the dealer for three days while they try to figure it out. It seems that the software thinks I should have Bluetooth and doesn't recognize the "old" type of phone. My understanding is my 09/03 built car won't ungrade to Bluetooth. The dealer is telling me they can't go back in software from the current version. They have opened a PUMA case with BMW. Anybody have a similar problem or any insight to my problem? Not only did I pay a lot of money for the phone system ($1,200), I have a 6-speed - I need a handsfree system. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2015 535D M Sport

If they can't support your old phone they ought to give you credit for a replacement and upgrade the CCC to support bluetooth. Even if they gave you $600 (1/2 your original) you could get a nice Bluetooth capable PDA (Blackberry, etc.) with far more functionality than you had before. And, it would be hands free. Their problem may be a blessing in disguise for you.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i, Graphite on Oyster, ///Msport, Executive Package, XDrive

Originally Posted by juan2mini' post='337126' date='Sep 21 2006, 11:36 AM
I kept getting the D.D.M. error message, dealer found a DSC fault and replaced the ARS module and reprogrammed my car. After the reprogramming my phone didn't work. I have the old BMW flip phone and cradle, it had always worked perfectly before the software update. My car has been back at the dealer for three days while they try to figure it out. It seems that the software thinks I should have Bluetooth and doesn't recognize the "old" type of phone. My understanding is my 09/03 built car won't ungrade to Bluetooth. The dealer is telling me they can't go back in software from the current version. They have opened a PUMA case with BMW. Anybody have a similar problem or any insight to my problem? Not only did I pay a lot of money for the phone system ($1,200), I have a 6-speed - I need a handsfree system. Any help is greatly appreciated.
In the software update interface, there is a choice available to the operator, either BT phone software or the CPT phone software. One or the orther is selected. My bet is that BT was enabled in your vehicle by mistake even though BT handsfree will not work in your vehicle. If you go into the communciation menu in your vehicle, do you have any BT options?
Old 09-21-2006, 02:26 PM
Contributors

gw545, you are correct, if they can get the bluetooth working, thanks.

ademitt, thanks I will let my tech know about the option of CPT or BT. I checked my communication menu - no BT, just a message - Contact your BMW dealer for more information. It should say log on to e60 forum for additional information. Many thanks
Old 09-22-2006, 05:32 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i, Graphite on Oyster, ///Msport, Executive Package, XDrive

Originally Posted by juan2mini' post='337234' date='Sep 21 2006, 04:26 PM
gw545, you are correct, if they can get the bluetooth working, thanks.

ademitt, thanks I will let my tech know about the option of CPT or BT. I checked my communication menu - no BT, just a message - Contact your BMW dealer for more information. It should say log on to e60 forum for additional information. Many thanks
You can also consider installing the Moto BTUM which will simulate BT in your early production car. It plugs into the adapater for the CPT 9000 and allows you to use any BT compatible phone in your car.