Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Phone Cradles

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 05:42 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530i Steptronic, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Sport Pkg, Comfort Seats, Navigation, Logic 7, Sapphire Black, Black Leather, Anthracite Trim, IPOD Integration Produced Sept 5, 2005 CIP 24

I have a question concerning the cradles for the phones. Are these vehicles pre-wired for these cradles? Do these cradles include an antennae and power connection? Is this all hidden under the console, or does it need to be ordered?
Old 07-22-2005, 12:31 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by nbarco' date='Jul 22 2005, 07:42 AM
I have a question concerning the cradles for the phones.? Are these vehicles pre-wired for these cradles?? Do these cradles include an antennae and power connection?? Is this all hidden under the console, or does it need to be ordered?
[snapback]151877[/snapback]
It is best to order option 644 or 633, cannot remember which is which for bluetooth set up. However, the correct parts (cradle, eject box, adapter trim, screws, etc) can all be ordered individually and installed with the appropriate cables (power and antenna) already in the center console to be connected. These console connectors are there and tied back until needed for an install. Additionally, usually the antenna cable is tied back in the trunk and has to be connected together as well. Once installed, everything hides under the the center arm rest out of view. Once all is installed, you lift the center arm rest, you slide phone into cradle and it snaps into place - has little lever to press/push to release. In place in connects to power and (making sure to remove the antenna cover from the phone, makes physical connection with car antenna cable which routes it to shark fin. Several threads in this section have various detailed discussions on the various phones (Motorola v5xx/v6xx series, Seimens, Nokia, etc) Some phones - such as Motorolas RAZR do not have cradle nor are the expected to because of the physical connector types.