Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Parrot CK3000 Install

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 11:26 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The finshed install!!! The main thing to note is the parrot control module to the right of the ashtray, until i get a working control module from expansys i'll have to leave that installed.
Attached Thumbnails Parrot CK3000 Install-overview.jpg  
Old 03-31-2008, 06:19 AM
Members

Actually before i forget (and while i wait for the replacement MULTICAN to arrive) Does anyone have any idea what the telephone mute input should do with the stereo when on a call, as i located the correct cable from RudeJA's post and i tried that (and 2 other possible candidates) however NONe of them did anything different!! i would have thought that it'd put something up on the screen to symbolise you're on a call. I don't mean anything fancy like caller ID, signal strength, etc, just simply "On a Call", or a telephone symbol.

Also as for the MULTICAN it has 3 wires for connecting to the steering wheel connections that go into the stereo. Now depending on whether you have a K-BUS or CAN-BUS connection determines (in the MULTICAN instructions) which of the 3 wires you connect to the appropriate pin out of the stereo plug. However, on RudeJA's post that shows the pin out descriptions it list 2 pins as K-CAN so what are our stereos CAN-BUS or K-BUS???
Old 05-20-2008, 11:59 PM
kcd
Members

Originally Posted by andir' post='553570' date='Mar 31 2008, 03:19 PM
Actually before i forget (and while i wait for the replacement MULTICAN to arrive) Does anyone have any idea what the telephone mute input should do with the stereo when on a call, as i located the correct cable from RudeJA's post and i tried that (and 2 other possible candidates) however NONe of them did anything different!! i would have thought that it'd put something up on the screen to symbolise you're on a call. I don't mean anything fancy like caller ID, signal strength, etc, just simply "On a Call", or a telephone symbol.

Also as for the MULTICAN it has 3 wires for connecting to the steering wheel connections that go into the stereo. Now depending on whether you have a K-BUS or CAN-BUS connection determines (in the MULTICAN instructions) which of the 3 wires you connect to the appropriate pin out of the stereo plug. However, on RudeJA's post that shows the pin out descriptions it list 2 pins as K-CAN so what are our stereos CAN-BUS or K-BUS???

Will this work with a 2003 E60?
Old 06-05-2008, 02:55 AM
Members

on you iso adapter it has an extra live supply cable, i have ordered exactly the same one but it hasnt come with this. is it required for the istalation or is the power already behind the radio?
Old 06-08-2008, 11:29 PM
Members

Helpful info. Job well done.
Old 06-16-2008, 01:43 PM
Members

Originally Posted by kcd' post='585074' date='May 21 2008, 08:59 AM
Will this work with a 2003 E60?

Not sure mate, give drop parrot a mail to find out.

Regards,

Andir
Old 07-18-2009, 07:40 AM
Members

Just carried this out on a 2007 (March Build date) 520d, many thanks to the OP as I followed the tutorial and ordered the exact parts.

A couple of hints though:

1. If at all possible, avoid ordering from Expansys. It took me two months to get them to fulfill the order. At one point they claimed the multican adaptor was now obsolete. I cancelled and ordered via the Parrot website, but to my dismay this redirects to Expansys when you checkout. However this order worked so the parts came within 5 days.

2. The ISO adaptors are great, however there is a fundamental problem as they are wired wrong if you have Can Bus. The Ignition and Permanent Positive are crossed over so this has to be rectified on the cable heading up to the Multican/CK3000 unit. You also need to pick-up the ignition - did this from the cigarette lighter which is easier to get at on the LCI.

The kit when fitted is great and the storage of the voice tags within the unit is a great feature.

Happy Days
Old 08-20-2009, 11:32 PM
Members

Originally Posted by dasbootuk' post='945786' date='Jul 18 2009, 10:40 AM
Just carried this out on a 2007 (March Build date) 520d, many thanks to the OP as I followed the tutorial and ordered the exact parts.

A couple of hints though:

1. If at all possible, avoid ordering from Expansys. It took me two months to get them to fulfill the order. At one point they claimed the multican adaptor was now obsolete. I cancelled and ordered via the Parrot website, but to my dismay this redirects to Expansys when you checkout. However this order worked so the parts came within 5 days.

2. The ISO adaptors are great, however there is a fundamental problem as they are wired wrong if you have Can Bus. The Ignition and Permanent Positive are crossed over so this has to be rectified on the cable heading up to the Multican/CK3000 unit. You also need to pick-up the ignition - did this from the cigarette lighter which is easier to get at on the LCI.

The kit when fitted is great and the storage of the voice tags within the unit is a great feature.

Happy Days
Hi everyone,

I am just about to get a e60 (2008 - LCI version) and am keen to install a CK3000 in the car, and i am pretty happy with what needs to be done (mostly thanks to this excellent thread).

My only question is regards to possibly swapping the power wires, i.e:

Just have a couple of questions:
  1. Is this necessary with a official parrot ISO adapter (i know i would need to get igintion off the cigarette lighter)?
  2. if so would my car be using a can-bus (car has business nav).
  3. If the wires are swapped in the way into the parrot do they need swapping on the way back out. (i.e. on the other iso adapter?).

Am almost ready to install it but want to get this bit right in my head before i begin

Thanks for your help,

Flak.
Old 08-28-2011, 05:03 AM
New Members

Great post - well done! For info., just completed the same install on my E61 facelift model. Ignition on the cigarette lighter is the thick green/white cable.
Old 08-30-2011, 03:57 PM
Members

Cracking thread this. Have just (3 hours ago) collected my 520d M Sport in Carbon Black. Had the Parrot 3100 system in my (dont laugh) Chrysler 300 touring. I have ordered the same system for the BMW and it should be here tomorrow, so all going well, be fitted this Saturday.
Excellent forum, and thanks again for the info.