Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Non-integrated bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 07:58 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

forgot to say, the unit itself is about the width and depth of a sony T610 and about 1.5 X its leangth....ie very small and discreet.

The clip is just a u-shaped piece of spring metal with rubber on the inside to protect what its clipped to, the unit magnetically clips onto either side (or any other metal surface for that matter.

as far as functionality goes, its the best solution I've tried by miles and I'm really glad I got it. (I do not have any connection with the company)

as you say, the parrot ones remind me of john cleese....woul;dn't go voom if you put 10,000 volts through it!

dd
Old 07-08-2004, 01:04 PM
Senior Members

so can i assume that it supports voice commands and magic word?

as for where it is clipped: not on the sliding sunroof cover, obviously, so you must mean on the 'rim'... to which direction is the mic side pointing: forward, backward, towards your door or towards the passenger door?

wondering because i was thinking that too close to the (closed, of course) sunroof still would be subject to quite a bit of noise (for the same reason that you're better off using your passenger-side ear to minimise noise from the outside) so i thought that the visor would be a better bet for noise

so how tight is the clip? can it be re-positioned (bent or twisted) to not do damage to the visor?

sorry, but i just don't want to waste money on yet another dust-gathering bluetooth device :-)
Old 07-08-2004, 08:53 PM
Members

My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins

That is great Doc, I wm wondering does it or will it work in the US is there a different standard for bluetooth here, than it is there. Also I will go back to the site to convert the Lera to us money and see if i can stomach the cost.
Old 07-09-2004, 12:56 AM
Senior Members

bluetooth is bluetooth, here or there - and does not depend at all on the GSM bandwidth.
Old 07-09-2004, 01:23 AM
Contributors

Skidster, yes, voice commands are supported and you also have the choice of pairing in handsfree or headset mode.

I do not have a sunroof, its clipped onto the headlining just behind where the sunroof switch panel is (dropped panel, clipped on and re-mounted panel)...looks really neat and almost as if meant to be there.

you can stick it to the clip either way round but the mic mounting is also swivellable (if thats a word) but really, its vey sensitive and thanks to integrated dsp circutry, no echo at all for either party.

there are two power sockets on it, one for quick charge (mains adapter or cig lead) gives 600 hrs standby, the other is for trickle charging or hardwiring to the car

by using the rechargeable battery, it easily comes out the car and makes a pretty good desktop handsfree unit!

All in All, its the most versatile and best quality unit I've tried.

DD
Old 07-28-2004, 10:18 AM
Senior Members

Got my Visorcom today, so far it is living up to the hype

I'm going to have a look at the best place to mount it later.
Old 07-28-2004, 11:08 AM
Senior Members

is it fullt integrated? caould you post some pics please?
Old 07-28-2004, 01:49 PM
Senior Members

It's completely standalone, no integration at all. I will post a pic, but to be honest it's not that different from the ones that Dr D. has already posted.
Old 07-28-2004, 11:55 PM
Contributors

How are you liking it?

The more I use it the better it seems!....what a find!

regards

DD
Old 07-28-2004, 11:57 PM
Contributors

ps

getting 2 weeks of mixed talk/standby on a charge!

DD

Quick Reply: Non-integrated bluetooth