5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum (https://5series.net/forums/bluetooth-cell-phone-forum-26/)
-   -   Non-integrated bluetooth (https://5series.net/forums/bluetooth-cell-phone-forum-26/non-integrated-bluetooth-1625/)

Doctor Diesel 07-07-2004 12:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I've ordered one of these to see what its like. worth a gamble at ?50

it has a magnetic clip for the sunvisor and a standby time of 21 days between recharges, also claims to work with any handset or headset bluetooth protocol

Watch this space for a review

(I did use a BT earpiece but it spoils the great sound the hi-fi has!)

Doctor Diesel 07-07-2004 12:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
another picture

browellm 07-07-2004 04:52 AM

Looking forward to your review of that Doc D

Doctor Diesel 07-07-2004 05:03 AM

It should arrive tomorrow so will see how it goes

DD

buddiec 07-07-2004 05:45 AM

can you give a model and manufacturers name, i would love to read the manufactures specs, and then read your review

Doctor Diesel 07-07-2004 06:16 AM

don't know who makes it but its called the visorcom and is imported to uk by Kondor.

Its for sale on the mobilefun and a few other mobile accessory websites.

if it works as well as they claim, it will be exactly what I need and at a bargain price, all be it without idrive integration.

DD

Doctor Diesel 07-08-2004 12:19 AM

OK chaps, it arrived and in preliminary testing....Its bloody marvellous. really neat, works a treat and keeps me safe and legal.....all in all a superb bit of kit, HIGHLY reccommended for us non-bluetoothed E60 Folk

(works with my P900 perfectly and my wifes T610)

I post some pics of it in my car when I get a chance! :D

DD

browellm 07-08-2004 05:56 AM

Great stuff, I think I might join you with one of those. Look forward to seeing your install pics - aesthetics etc. :)

skidster 07-08-2004 07:09 AM

so, how well does it work?

how well do people hear you (whilst whipping down the motorway at 80mph, windows closed of course)?

it says full duplex: is it really possible to speak at the same time as the other person and have both sides hear the other?

is the mic only extended from the body as per the picture or does it need to be pulled out further than shown?

how exactly does this two-sided visor clip thing work: is it just put the clip on once and move the visorcom from one side to the other or is it remove the clip and reverse it, etc.?

will the clip end up leaving a permanent compressed and creased spot on the visor?

thanks!

side note: i had a parrot driveblue (in-the-lighter solution) which, to be polite, sucked and i would never recommend it to anyone: but that took a few weeks of use before i knew it to be the case!

Doctor Diesel 07-08-2004 07:53 AM

Have tested it now

Voice is clear and distinct, caller is similarly easy to hear. I've not mounted it on the visor for fear of damaging the visor but have clipped it to the headlining just behind the sunroof/mic panel on the car (there is a lot of free space here.

DD