Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Nokia N8

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 11:53 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550i

I just upgraded my phone from the Nokia N97 to the Nokia N8. On the N97 everytime I got in and out of the car I would have to restart the phone to connect my bluetooth to the car but once it was connected it never dropped the connection. On the Nokia N8 it connects on much easier without the need to restart the phone everytime but it drops my connection often. Even during a call I could lose connection from bluetooth to handset. Has anyone experienced this and gotten a resolution? My BMW dealership just said it's the phone. I hope there's other answers out there.

Thanks,
John
Old 01-28-2011, 02:39 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2004 E61 530D - Dynamic Drive - Active Front Steering Sport Seats - Voice Control - Head Up Display - Nav Pro - Bluetooth - Panoramic roof - Front/rear heated seats

Hey John,

I had a lot of issues with the N97 as well, solution was twofold:

Update car firmware to latest relevant version.
Update the phone firmware.

An then the usual: delete phone(s) and pair again.

All issues gone, works impeccably.

Now I know that you've moved on from the N97 but I'm willing to gamble that this might work for the N8 as well (had an E71 before, same story)...

Good luck!
Old 04-25-2011, 08:24 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550i

Originally Posted by Theo
Hey John,

I had a lot of issues with the N97 as well, solution was twofold:

Update car firmware to latest relevant version.
Update the phone firmware.

An then the usual: delete phone(s) and pair again.

All issues gone, works impeccably.

Now I know that you've moved on from the N97 but I'm willing to gamble that this might work for the N8 as well (had an E71 before, same story)...

Good luck!
I'm sorry it took me a long time to reply. I never realized anyone replied. I thought that this forum would e-mail me a notification but I guess I missed it somewhere. As for the phone, I had the dealership reinstall the bluetooth program. From what they told me they don't have a firmware update. Just reinstall the program. I don't get disconnected anymore but it always shows that I have a missed call even when I pick up the call. And I noticed that my phone rings about twice before the car rings. The 10 favorite list doesn't save everyone but most importantly I'm able to keep a conversation at all times. It just takes time to connect once I turn on the car. Pretty slow in my opinion. But I could live with this for now. My tech guy told me it'll only be a while before the system crashes again and I'll get the same disconnecting problems I've had in the beginning since this isn't a BMW approved phone. WTH??! Oh well...we'll just do steps 1 all over again. Thanks for your reply though.

John