Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

nokia 8800

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 10:53 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 520d M-Sport
Model Year: 2013

Old 01-14-2006, 03:45 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 09 - 520d M Sport - Steptronic - Carbon Black - Black Dakota Leather Sports Seats electric- Auto Climate - Piano Black Bamboo - Antracite Headlining - Business Media Kit - Sat Nav - Bluetooth - CD Changer - Auxillary Port and USB - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Advanced Voice Rec - Auto Dim Mirror - Privacy Glass - 5 Year Service Inclusive Previous -06 - 525 M Sport - Steptronic - Sapphire Black - Black Nappa Leather Sports Seats - Auto Climate - Alluminium Cubed Interior - Anthracite Headliner - Business CD with Auxillary Port - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Bluetooth - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Spare Wheel kit - Advanced Voice Rec

Originally Posted by 525iiiii' post='221330' date='Jan 9 2006, 09:29 AM
beg to differ at least the 8800 is a bit different and unique not like the billions of people that got their 6230 free!!!!!!!! :thumbsdown: software upgrade will sort this out anyway

Picked up my new 8800 today. I am nearly scared to try and connect it to the car. Say a Prayer for me that it works or the wife will have my balls for breakfast
Old 01-14-2006, 06:32 PM
Members

Originally Posted by mr_grinche' post='224344
beg to differ at least the 8800 is a bit different and unique not like the billions of people that got their 6230 free!!!!!!!! :thumbsdown: software upgrade will sort this out anyway

Picked up my new 8800 today. I am nearly scared to try and connect it to the car. Say a Prayer for me that it works or the wife will have my balls for breakfast
[/quote]

Grinche, me old Gaelic friend, its nae gonna work :thumbsdown:

Make space for those sweetbreads beside the soda bread!!
Old 01-16-2006, 03:47 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 09 - 520d M Sport - Steptronic - Carbon Black - Black Dakota Leather Sports Seats electric- Auto Climate - Piano Black Bamboo - Antracite Headlining - Business Media Kit - Sat Nav - Bluetooth - CD Changer - Auxillary Port and USB - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Advanced Voice Rec - Auto Dim Mirror - Privacy Glass - 5 Year Service Inclusive Previous -06 - 525 M Sport - Steptronic - Sapphire Black - Black Nappa Leather Sports Seats - Auto Climate - Alluminium Cubed Interior - Anthracite Headliner - Business CD with Auxillary Port - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Bluetooth - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Spare Wheel kit - Advanced Voice Rec

Okay Haggis you were right but they released new software last week V4.78 so I will try and get my hands on that.
Old 01-17-2006, 12:29 AM
Members

Originally Posted by mr_grinche' post='225189' date='Jan 17 2006, 11:47 AM
Okay Haggis you were right but they released new software last week V4.78 so I will try and get my hands on that.
Hope so; good luck. I've given in and gone the 62301, which works perfectly!!!!

Keep us updated with progress??

Cheers

Thommo
Old 01-17-2006, 01:47 AM
Members

Unless someone can tell me different I'm slightly disappointed to find that the phone system on the 5 series doesn't handle text messages but it did on my 3 series considering the 5 Series is a superior car to the 3 Series in most respects, I feel slightly short changed with the lack of this feature as text messages are part of everyday life. :thumbsdown:
Old 01-17-2006, 10:58 AM
Senior Members

I agree with you and they are the one piece that make using a mobile phone in the car lethal.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:59 AM
Members

Originally Posted by 525iiiii' post='221079' date='Jan 8 2006, 10:29 PM
i have had same problems as everybody else with the phone conecting then disconecting. all i do each time i start the engine is to delete phone in i-drive then pair again with phone and it is fine. only takes a few seconds which is a small price to pay for such a cool phone
Old 02-13-2006, 03:05 AM
Members

I have the same problem with the 8800 with disconnect and the necessity to reconnect every time you start the car. Have spoken to BMW who advise its not their problem and that Nokia should take responsibility and that they will not be making any further bluetooth code changes.

I have installed version 3.78 and it make no difference at all. Have contacted Nokia and they do not know of the problem so I have sent them a link to this forum.

Perhaps we should all return our bluetooth kits to BMW and get a refund? Also we should advise all future owners not to bother with BMW bluetooth if they want to have a phone thats less than 5 years old.

Anyone got the solution yet?
Old 02-13-2006, 03:16 PM
Senior Members

No I am afraid not. Still have the coolest phone and the coolest car unfortunately neither of them speak to each other. BMW couldnt give a damn nor could Nokia.

Quick Reply: nokia 8800