Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

nokia 8800

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 01:29 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 525ise, Dec 2003, Silver Grey, Black Dakota Leather, Bluetooth, 18'' Runflats, Folding mirrors, Automatic/man box,parking sensers front/rear,latest addition 645ci black saphire, with everthing on, nothing it does not have.

i have had same problems as everybody else with the phone conecting then disconecting. all i do each time i start the engine is to delete phone in i-drive then pair again with phone and it is fine. only takes a few seconds which is a small price to pay for such a cool phone
Old 01-08-2006, 03:11 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 09 - 520d M Sport - Steptronic - Carbon Black - Black Dakota Leather Sports Seats electric- Auto Climate - Piano Black Bamboo - Antracite Headlining - Business Media Kit - Sat Nav - Bluetooth - CD Changer - Auxillary Port and USB - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Advanced Voice Rec - Auto Dim Mirror - Privacy Glass - 5 Year Service Inclusive Previous -06 - 525 M Sport - Steptronic - Sapphire Black - Black Nappa Leather Sports Seats - Auto Climate - Alluminium Cubed Interior - Anthracite Headliner - Business CD with Auxillary Port - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Bluetooth - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Spare Wheel kit - Advanced Voice Rec

The Phone is not that cool what a pain in the arse! Think I will sticl with my 6230i which connects all the time.
Old 01-09-2006, 12:29 AM
Members

My Ride: 525ise, Dec 2003, Silver Grey, Black Dakota Leather, Bluetooth, 18'' Runflats, Folding mirrors, Automatic/man box,parking sensers front/rear,latest addition 645ci black saphire, with everthing on, nothing it does not have.

beg to differ at least the 8800 is a bit different and unique not like the billions of people that got their 6230 free!!!!!!!! :thumbsdown: software upgrade will sort this out anyway
Old 01-09-2006, 04:03 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 09 - 520d M Sport - Steptronic - Carbon Black - Black Dakota Leather Sports Seats electric- Auto Climate - Piano Black Bamboo - Antracite Headlining - Business Media Kit - Sat Nav - Bluetooth - CD Changer - Auxillary Port and USB - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Advanced Voice Rec - Auto Dim Mirror - Privacy Glass - 5 Year Service Inclusive Previous -06 - 525 M Sport - Steptronic - Sapphire Black - Black Nappa Leather Sports Seats - Auto Climate - Alluminium Cubed Interior - Anthracite Headliner - Business CD with Auxillary Port - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Bluetooth - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Spare Wheel kit - Advanced Voice Rec

That sounds cool as I have one ordered and am waiting for SW issue to be sorted
Old 01-09-2006, 11:12 PM
Members

Originally Posted by 525iiiii' post='221079' date='Jan 9 2006, 09:29 AM
i have had same problems as everybody else with the phone conecting then disconecting. all i do each time i start the engine is to delete phone in i-drive then pair again with phone and it is fine. only takes a few seconds which is a small price to pay for such a cool phone
Tech luddite here; i think its a shame that 2 premium products on, what i thought was open architecture, cannot get their act together.

I have an 8800 that I paid a King's ransom for (it'll be the last 'premium' handset I buy after years of wasting money on poseur's phones) and a 525i that i also paid a King's ransom for (have you seen Bimmer prices in Aus) and the weakest link is BTooth; who'd've thought, it shits me to be frank!!!!!

6230i inbound, can't bloody wait!!!

There, got it off my chest
Old 01-10-2006, 07:29 AM
Members

My Ride: 530i R6 SMG M-Sport; Silver Gray & Gray Dakota; Comfort Seats; L7; Adaptive Xenons; Advanced A/C; BlueTooth

Originally Posted by 525iiiii' post='221079' date='Jan 8 2006, 11:29 PM
That's not the way to do it. My older 8910i worked excellent without that. I don't want to pair phone every time I got in. For the money I paid for BT and the 8800 I could have one employee to sit in the car back and talk out loud while listening on the phone.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:23 PM
Senior Members

Its crazy when you think about it. I paid E1100 for the bluetooth extra in my car. Bluetooth is an industry standard and only 4 nokia phones are on the compatibility list. The 6310i which has not been in production for nearly 4 years, 8910 which again is no longer being made and then only this year the 6230i and 6230.

My pal bought a Ford Focus last week and his radio has a bluetooth which will work with all phones as a standard piece of kit

grinche
Old 01-10-2006, 04:00 PM
Members

Originally Posted by mr_grinche' post='222374' date='Jan 11 2006, 11:23 AM
Its crazy when you think about it. I paid E1100 for the bluetooth extra in my car. Bluetooth is an industry standard and only 4 nokia phones are on the compatibility list. The 6310i which has not been in production for nearly 4 years, 8910 which again is no longer being made and then only this year the 6230i and 6230.

My pal bought a Ford Focus last week and his radio has a bluetooth which will work with all phones as a standard piece of kit

grinche
I'm hearing you all the freakin' way.

BMW/ Nokia shoudl egt their act together. In Aus (as it was in the uk when I left 6 yewars ago) Nokia is the pre-eminent handset manufacturer and BMW is pretty big news (bigger in the UK granted)but I thought BTooth was open architecture?!?!? Thats what gets me. I thought any 2 BTooth devices would comunicate?!?!?!?!?!

I had my 8800 connected to a moto btooth kit (prev had a Razr) without any issues at all and that kit cost AU$200!!!

Now i have btooth 'plumbed in' and my hand is forced over the handset!!! Ach, I should get over it but its annoying me, you know?
Old 01-11-2006, 12:43 AM
New Members

My Ride: 520d M-Sport
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by mr_grinche' post='222374' date='Jan 11 2006, 12:23 AM
Bluetooth is an industry standard and only 4 nokia phones are on the compatibility list. The 6310i which has not been in production for nearly 4 years, 8910 which again is no longer being made and then only this year the 6230i and 6230.
So the definitive list for the BMW Bluetooth includes only 4 phones, of which 2 are no longer made

I guess the only option I have therefore is to swap my old 6310i for a 6230i I'll need to get used to the tiny keys though, unless I make all my calls from the car Just a shame the software doesn't utilise many of the features of the 6310i or 6230i handsets, see my other query here: 6230i query
Old 01-11-2006, 02:54 PM
Senior Members

What was your other query? About what phones seem to be more feature enriched with BMW Bluetooth? I think the answer to that one seems to be motorolla phones

Quick Reply: nokia 8800