Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Motorola V710 from Verizon working

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 01:57 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 525i, titanium gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, red rear reflectors, chromed std 545 oem wheels

purchased the Verizon Motorola V710 yesterday. Verizon dealer in Irvine CA well versed in the phone, pared it for me and ran through the options. worked great. loaded my phone book in about 10 minutes without problem. Can "dial number" and use idrive to make call. But I couldn't get the voice name recognition to work.

took it back today and told me since my 525i is 9/04 production the voice "dial name" function has to be loaded while in the car. I have to start by saying "save name", then it asks me to say the name, then repeat the name, then asks for the phone number. Then I say "save", and then it works. I have to do that for every name I want to use this function for. They tell me it will hold between 30 and 50 names, so only program in the names I use frequently in the car. I cant figure out if it is saving it in my phone or in the car memory somewhere, because apparently the name I save doesn't have to be saved in my cell phone. Even though I have to load each one individual, so what, do it once and i'm done.

Glad to see Verizon finally has an option that works for bluetooth.
Old 03-08-2005, 03:04 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Tgrey' date='Mar 8 2005, 05:57 PM
purchased the Verizon Motorola V710 yesterday.? Verizon dealer in Irvine CA well versed in the phone, pared it for me and ran through the options.? worked great. loaded my phone book in about 10 minutes without problem.? Can "dial number" and use idrive to make call.? But I couldn't get the voice name recognition to work.?

took it back today and told me since my 525i is 9/04 production the voice "dial name" function has to be loaded while in the car.? I have to start by saying "save name", then it asks me to say the name, then repeat the name, then asks for the phone number.? Then I say "save", and then it works.? I have to do that for every name I want to use this function for.? They tell me it will hold between 30 and 50 names, so only program in the names I use frequently in the car.? I cant figure out if it is saving it in my phone or in the car memory somewhere, because apparently the name I save doesn't have to be saved in my cell phone.? Even though I have to load each one individual, so what, do it once and i'm done.

[snapback]98754[/snapback]
There are actually two phonebooks in the car, according to a discussion with BMWNA. One is like you say, around 50 names, and the other one is whatever the user has on his phone. There is no voice training needed for the phonebook that is transferred from the phone. You can just say "call home", if home is a phonebook entry in your V710.
Old 03-08-2005, 03:04 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by wnrussell' date='Mar 8 2005, 07:04 PM
[quote name='Tgrey' date='Mar 8 2005, 05:57 PM']purchased the Verizon Motorola V710 yesterday.? Verizon dealer in Irvine CA well versed in the phone, pared it for me and ran through the options.? worked great. loaded my phone book in about 10 minutes without problem.? Can "dial number" and use idrive to make call.? But I couldn't get the voice name recognition to work.?

took it back today and told me since my 525i is 9/04 production the voice "dial name" function has to be loaded while in the car.? I have to start by saying "save name", then it asks me to say the name, then repeat the name, then asks for the phone number.? Then I say "save", and then it works.? I have to do that for every name I want to use this function for.? They tell me it will hold between 30 and 50 names, so only program in the names I use frequently in the car.? I cant figure out if it is saving it in my phone or in the car memory somewhere, because apparently the name I save doesn't have to be saved in my cell phone.? Even though I have to load each one individual, so what, do it once and i'm done.

There are actually two phonebooks in the car, according to a discussion with BMWNA. One is like you say, around 50 names, and the other one is whatever the user has on his phone, up to 500 names, I think. There is no voice training needed for the phonebook that is transferred from the phone. You can just say "call home", if home is a phonebook entry in your V710.
[snapback]98772[/snapback]
[/quote]
Old 03-08-2005, 04:01 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Tgrey' date='Mar 8 2005, 05:57 PM
took it back today and told me since my 525i is 9/04 production the voice "dial name" function has to be loaded while in the car.
My car is a March 04 production, and the car's voice recognition works without me recording any of the names.
Old 03-08-2005, 04:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by hinckley' date='Mar 8 2005, 05:01 PM
[quote name='Tgrey' date='Mar 8 2005, 05:57 PM']took it back today and told me since my 525i is 9/04 production the voice "dial name" function has to be loaded while in the car.
My car is a March 04 production, and the car's voice recognition works without me recording any of the names.
[snapback]98796[/snapback]
[/quote]
Yes but you NAV. That?s the difference. The Non NAV cars MY2004 have the separate phone book.

On a side note the new 05 Acura RL requires each phone entry to be saved separately. Big + for the BMW system IMO