Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Motorola Q works great!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 04:29 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Originally Posted by wnrussell' post='297586' date='Jun 14 2006, 07:13 PM
I agree. 10GB of data at 500kbps would take 48 hours straight on an aircard. It must be kids downloading music and movies all day who are being terminated.

Most likely some heavy bit torrent usage.
Old 06-15-2006, 07:17 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 E60 M5 V1, Blinder M40, VEIL

Originally Posted by Catul' post='296996' date='Jun 13 2006, 12:50 PM
Tom, I have about 700 contacts synced to my Q and haven't noticed a significant slowdown in the iDrive interface.
Thanks, what model and approximate production date do you have? My M5 was built in Sept and its Comm performance is miserable with many phone entries. Here is a post on my experience from several months ago.

Also, how long does it take for phone to sync up with the car once it gets in range and the car iDrive is booted?
Old 06-19-2006, 07:40 AM
Members

Originally Posted by bernhtp' post='297907' date='Jun 15 2006, 11:17 AM
Thanks, what model and approximate production date do you have? My M5 was built in Sept and its Comm performance is miserable with many phone entries. Here is a post on my experience from several months ago.

Also, how long does it take for phone to sync up with the car once it gets in range and the car iDrive is booted?
My 2005 545i was built around June/July last year. I believe my phone syncs up within a couple of minutes once it's connected, though the initial transfer has already been done so it's probably just updating stuff now.

HTH!
Old 06-19-2006, 01:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

I have noticed some rough call initiations - mostly with the stereo cutting in and out with my Q. A lot more than with my old Mot V600. Switching the Q to "Auto" mode, (which puts it in "Car" mode when paired) seemed to correct this, but now my ringtone gets piped through the car's handsfree. I like the E60's chime much much better for incoming calls.

With my V600, the phone didn't ring - only the car chimed for an incoming call. With the Q in Normal mode, the phone rang -and- the car chimed.

The flashing signal meter bugs me too when I'm on a call. I hope they fix that so we can have proper signal strength shown.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:03 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Arrived 3 June 2005: 2005 545i - Orient Blue, Black interior, Sport, Steptronic, Cold Weather, NAV, Sirius, Logic7, Comfort Seats, Sunshades. What a glorious ride!

Originally Posted by UUronL' post='299878' date='Jun 19 2006, 05:04 PM
I have noticed some rough call initiations - mostly with the stereo cutting in and out with my Q. A lot more than with my old Mot V600. Switching the Q to "Auto" mode, (which puts it in "Car" mode when paired) seemed to correct this, but now my ringtone gets piped through the car's handsfree. I like the E60's chime much much better for incoming calls.

With my V600, the phone didn't ring - only the car chimed for an incoming call. With the Q in Normal mode, the phone rang -and- the car chimed.

The flashing signal meter bugs me too when I'm on a call. I hope they fix that so we can have proper signal strength shown.
UUronL, I have never received a "chime" for an incoming call. Is there a setting for that? I have used two phones - v710 and e815.
Old 06-21-2006, 04:50 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by MaxBuck' post='300892' date='Jun 21 2006, 11:03 AM
UUronL, I have never received a "chime" for an incoming call. Is there a setting for that? I have used two phones - v710 and e815.

Prior to my new phone experience, I had no idea that you could hear anything -but- the in-car chime. My previous phone utilized the in car chime exclusively and it was very pleasing in tone. As I stated above, I can set this phone to send its ringtone through the system by putting the phone in "Car Mode", but when in "Normal Mode", it seems to ring on both the phone and the "headset" (car) at the same time.

I think this has to do with the peculiarities of the BT profiles and how they are coded for each phone.
Old 06-26-2006, 03:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 - 545 - tit silver/grey/sport/premsound/nav/cold weather pkg/ hardwire valetine/clear bra/4700k fog bulbs - acs fron and rear spoiler, r10's radenergies with michelin ps2 - 275/30 - 275/35 - aux audio, v 18.xx

I have a 545 and a Q - I have to check my build I think it is 2005 February and sometimes my BT sounds good other times like I am in water. Does anyone else have this exprience?
Old 07-05-2006, 04:57 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 Sapphire Black on Black M5 - loaded sans soft close doors

Ok guys, feel free to chime in here and offer advice...

I need a new phone....
I'm interested in the Q, however rumor has it the battery life sucks. Battery life is important to me, I want to be able to go at least two days between recharges (talking 30-60 minutes per day).
Here are the things that are important to me
1. Full sync with my car including address book
2. Battery life
3. Abililty to connect with the laptop (rumor has it there is a registry hack that will fix the Q)
4. Access to a task list

From what I can tell, either the Q or the Razr is for me. Anyone want to comment on how the Q holds up in terms of battery life?
Old 07-06-2006, 08:47 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by doug_999' post='307260' date='Jul 5 2006, 08:57 PM
Ok guys, feel free to chime in here and offer advice...

I need a new phone....
I'm interested in the Q, however rumor has it the battery life sucks. Battery life is important to me, I want to be able to go at least two days between recharges (talking 30-60 minutes per day).
Here are the things that are important to me
1. Full sync with my car including address book
2. Battery life
3. Abililty to connect with the laptop (rumor has it there is a registry hack that will fix the Q)
4. Access to a task list

From what I can tell, either the Q or the Razr is for me. Anyone want to comment on how the Q holds up in terms of battery life?

1. Yes. The only thing is it doesn't show signal strength
2. You might be ok with it, depending on the services you have running. It is quite easy to drain the battery quickly. I leave it on the charger unless I'm carrying it. You might require the extended battery.
3. Yes. The hack exists. Verizon Wireless could drop your service though - be warned
4. Yes. It is better if you are syncing with an external PIM - the task list residing in the phone is very feature poor

The Razr has great battery life. If you don't need the PIM functionality or the other neat stuff the Q offers, you'd likely be better off with a Razr.
Old 07-07-2006, 06:38 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Catul' post='291824' date='Jun 2 2006, 10:48 PM
I've been using an Audiovox XV6600 (Verizon) for over a year now, and I got just basic handsfree functionality with my 2005 545i. Just switched to a Motorola Q and I was delighted to find full Contacts transfer, voice dialing, incoming/outgoing number/name display etc - very cool. I believe this is the first PDA/Pocket PC/Smartphone that offers full bluetooth capabilities with our cars, I'm pretty happy
The Cingular 2125 Smart phone works fine w/contacts and the BMW voice system works with the contacts to voice dial. It's cool.

Quick Reply: Motorola Q works great!