Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

///M Theme for iPhone owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 10:09 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 525i

I dig most of the theme except the icon pack included.. I might try it out with some custom icons. The icon set from Glasklart would probably look great with the theme.

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='856085' date='Apr 22 2009, 11:38 PM
The same principle applies. Software -> engine modding = loose of warranty.
It's unfortunate that you endured negative experiences whilst attempting to jailbreak your phone, however myself and hundreds of thousands of jailbroken users are just fine and happy with ours. As for being behind on the latest and greatest features the software has to offer, I have always been up to date with jailbroken firmware and am reaping the benefits the same as any legitimate non-jailbroken user would. At most I've had to wait a week for the newest firmware to be breached. The process takes ~five minutes to complete and can be reversed in minutes with no residual traces to the common observer who is not peering through the filesystem itself.

In my nearly two years of being jailbroken and helping hundreds++ of people do the same I have never came across a "bricked" iPhone. If a phone were to be bricked in the sense you are using for any reason whatsoever, =and therefore unable to power on=, Apple will replace the phone under warranty/Applecare -- there are no outward physical signs of jailbreaking to be seen on the phone itself.

There are plenty of reasons to jailbreak that don't include cracking applications and the majority of jailbroken users, myself included, have never even thought about attempting to do so. A very small minority of users participate in using cracked applications. I participate on many iPhone forums and there is a huge disparity between those two groups of users.

Also, loose != lose
Old 04-23-2009, 03:40 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by taiyed' post='856099' date='Apr 23 2009, 09:09 AM
I dig most of the theme except the icon pack included.. I might try it out with some custom icons. The icon set from Glasklart would probably look great with the theme.

It's unfortunate that you endured negative experiences whilst attempting to jailbreak your phone, however myself and hundreds of thousands of jailbroken users are just fine and happy with ours. As for being behind on the latest and greatest features the software has to offer, I have always been up to date with jailbroken firmware and am reaping the benefits the same as any legitimate non-jailbroken user would. At most I've had to wait a week for the newest firmware to be breached. The process takes ~five minutes to complete and can be reversed in minutes with no residual traces to the common observer who is not peering through the filesystem itself.

In my nearly two years of being jailbroken and helping hundreds++ of people do the same I have never came across a "bricked" iPhone. If a phone were to be bricked in the sense you are using for any reason whatsoever, =and therefore unable to power on=, Apple will replace the phone under warranty/Applecare -- there are no outward physical signs of jailbreaking to be seen on the phone itself.

There are plenty of reasons to jailbreak that don't include cracking applications and the majority of jailbroken users, myself included, have never even thought about attempting to do so. A very small minority of users participate in using cracked applications. I participate on many iPhone forums and there is a huge disparity between those two groups of users.

Also, loose != lose
Good for you dude and others you helped "enlighten". However i'm more of a classic guy, i like to update my phone as soon as the software it's available. For me that's the first day it's released, for you it's a week or so, or even more and it's just a pain even for 5 minutes, for me it's one click away "UPDATE". I saw how the time of released cracked firmware goes up with the complexity of the update that apple offered. Im curious how fast crackers will do it with the new iPhone 3.0. But then again if you think about it, 3.0 will offer all or most of the functions that you guys have been bitching about all along, and then some. So in fact it would make no excuse to jailbrake the phone anymore. Correct? Unless one aims at cracked apps.

I dunno about your experience, or how saintly are you claim to be with regard to tolerance to cracked apps but i can say that all of my friends that jailbroke their phone use cracked apps. Even the 0.99 ones. That's simply cheap! I even told them, come on guys stop being so #@$@# cheap and pay the 0.99 ! For God's sake you payed 500 or more for the phone.

Bottom line and with this i end my input on the jailbraking matter, is that i bought my iPhone and my iMac for the product that it is. I never expected more from those products, and i was fully aware of their potential before i bought them, and thus i can't be disappointed in any way. But if there is only 1% or less chance of something to go wrong because i jailbroke my phone, more crashes etc, i really don't want to take that risk for what jailbraking offers (which i don't really need anyway). Funny is that most of the Mac users that jailbrake their iPhones, never hack their macs because most probably are happy with it and most important they expect it to just work.

Regarding the warranty here's smth else to chew on:
Jailbreaking clearly violates the warranty. Don't kid yourselves there. If possible, restore the device back to factory settings before bringing to the Apple Store for possible replacement.

Jailbreaking apps will leave some trace files on the device, even after restoring to factory settings. The important thing to note is that Apple Store employees lack the time nor the equipment necessary for pursuing this line of inquiry. Instead, it will be detected when the returned iPhone is refurbished.
This guy was very lucky:

I think it depends entirely on the employee. I have had a 2g since Jan and last night I wasnt able to charge it sing two different chargers. I then hooked it up to my computer and received a message that said there was a malfunction with the USB device.
Went into the Apple store and the Apple genius said they would swap it out. He then looked down on it and laughed when he saw that it was jailbroken. He said he had to restore it back to an unbroken status. However he couldnt because the port was not functioning. He walked away and came back with a new 2g anf handed it to me and that was that.
I have heard that jail breaking was a void of the warranty but this employee didnt say a word about it and was very pleasant.
...as you can see, i never took into account any "physical evidence of jailbrake-ing". Such a thing would sound absurd, but you saw above what can happen. There are other situations that are unpredictable and that can arise and you and others fail to foresee. But it's your option and i respect that. It's your product and your life.

Also, you should be more tolerant with foreign people that speak or write in your native language. I laugh my ass off at some nosed up people that immediately correct the other person on the net or in real life. Like that is really relevant! Moreover in a foreign language you are more prone to making mistakes. But thanks for the clear up though! You clearly know the difference between the two words ! Kudos to you man! You rule. I wonder how many words you know in Romanian, or how well you can write or speak in any other foreign language compared to my level in English. Shiiiish!
Old 04-23-2009, 10:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 525i

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='856209' date='Apr 23 2009, 05:40 AM
Also, you should be more tolerant with foreign people that speak or write in your native language. I laugh my ass off at some nosed up people that immediately correct the other person on the net or in real life. Like that is really relevant! Moreover in a foreign language you are more prone to making mistakes. But thanks for the clear up though! You clearly know the difference between the two words ! Kudos to you man! You rule. I wonder how many words you know in Romanian, or how well you can write or speak in any other foreign language compared to my level in English. Shiiiish!
This is my last reply as the thread has long since derailed from its original intended topic. I was not trying to be demeaning in any fashion toward you, it was simply a heads up for future reference. I happen to be knowledgeable in three languages (Granted they are all Semitic and Indo-European in nature and very closely related) in addition to English and am very conscious of the fact that everyone makes mistakes. If I were to make a mistake in any of those languages I would only hope that someone would promptly alert me to the fact so that I may not apply the incorrect usage in the future.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:22 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by taiyed' post='856606' date='Apr 23 2009, 09:09 PM
This is my last reply as the thread has long since derailed from its original intended topic. I was not trying to be demeaning in any fashion toward you, it was simply a heads up for future reference. I happen to be knowledgeable in three languages (Granted they are all Semitic and Indo-European in nature and very closely related) in addition to English and am very conscious of the fact that everyone makes mistakes. If I were to make a mistake in any of those languages I would only hope that someone would promptly alert me to the fact so that I may not apply the incorrect usage in the future.
That's some point you make. Although what you say may be true but still kinda hard without appearing as an a$$. Plus this thing of correcting attitude should IMHO be more useful and appreciated in live talk, than on internet where people can type fast and not use auto correct, and if they use it they very well may choose a wrong but similar looking alternative.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E60 M5

Originally Posted by taiyed' post='856099' date='Apr 23 2009, 03:09 AM

The icons are from Winterboard?s Leopard Theme.

Alex

PS: Iphoneunlockuk already jailbrake the 3.0 ...
Old 04-23-2009, 12:31 PM
Members

My Ride: ///M5

Can you send me or point me to the original image of this IB M5?

Thank you!
Old 04-23-2009, 12:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Original E60 Spec: 530i - Silver Grey Out, Black Dakota Leather In, Navigation Pro, Voice Command, HiFi Audio, Sports Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package w/ Heated Seats, Style# 123 Alloy Track Wheels, Auto AC, Power Front Seats, Active Turn Xennon Headlights, Mods: OEM M-Tech Front Bumper, OEM M Side Skirts, OEM M5 Rear Bumper, M5 Trunk Lid Finisher, M5 Style Mirrors, Custom Hamann Style Splitter, Custom Hartge Style Diffuser, RD Sport Boot Spoiler, LCI Taillights, Bruce Miranda's V4 LCI Retro Cables, 6000K Xenon light Bulbs, Xenon White LED License Plate Lights, 8000K HID 9006 Fog Lights, Akalius� Front Headlight Euro Overlays, Matte Black Kidney Grilles, E60.Net Clings, Debadged, Llumar Tinting "Micro Edged, 15% Rear 35% Sides, Engine Mods: Custom Magnaflow Quad Exhaust w/ Eisenmann Stamped 3� Tips, RPI Scoop (Red) Added Electronics: V1 Equipped (Hardwired), OEM Alpine CD Changer Retrofit, Shoes: SOLD-20" Staggered Vertini Hennesey Rims, Falcon 452's Tires-SOLD New Shoes: 19" VMR 710 Hyper Silver, General Exclaim UHP 245/35/19 Front-275/30/19 Rear, Gloss Silver Caliper Paint Job DIY ^_____________ Retired ______________ Took Delivery 10/26/2009: LOADED! E60 M5 Silverstone II/Black, Active Seats, Comfort Ventilated/Heated Seats, HUD, Brushed Aluminum Trim,

Originally Posted by mikeg3tsguap' post='854256' date='Apr 21 2009, 02:47 PM
nice for some reason when i try to jail break my fone it fails! =/
Mike, if you have the 2G vversion iPhone then use the Quick Pwn tool. It can be downloaded off of the internet.