Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Lost & Confuse about Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 11:01 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 05 BMW 530i Orient Blue Metalic with Sport and Premium Package. Xenon Light. 35% tint, Red reflector, 123 type chrome rim.
Unhappy

I'm really lost & confuse about the Bluetooth.
Please explain it to me.
I just purchase the 2005 BMW 530i on November 1, 2004.
Inside the car, I got the Bluetooth passkey card.
(1st) question is that there isn't ANY instruction of how to setup or sign on/pair any GSM Bluetooth phone.
(2nd) Do I need to have the Car kit for it? My phone is a Motorola V600.
(3rd) Will the BMW dealer charges me to activate/install the Kit?
(4th) I check my I drive menu, under communication, there isn't any option about Bluetooth, So does the Dealer need to upgrade the S/W
(5th) If a person has Bluetooth install, while driving you can talk and make call from the voice remote and hear thru your car speaker?

Any info would greatly appreciate.
Old 11-10-2004, 11:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Melbourne Red X6M

There should be an option under the "Communications" menu. When you get to the communications menu, push the idrive controller up so you can get to the sub menus. You should be able to turn the knob (scroll) to find the bluetooth menu. Once you find it, turn bluetooth on. Next step, take your phone and make sure that bluetooth is on and select the "search for devices" function on your phone. I don't have a motorola so i don't know if the wording would be the same. After that, let it "find" your car and once it does it will ask for a code. Just type in any code but make sure you remember it. Then a message should pop up on your idrive screen asking if you want to pair with your phone. Select "yes" and then it'll ask you for the code you entered into your phone. Be kind of quick because you'll only get about 15-30 seconds to enter it. Once you do that everthing should work okay.

David
Old 11-10-2004, 11:19 AM
Senior Members

Welcome SillyBear,

Do a search for BT, there's plenty of material about this topic
Old 11-10-2004, 11:25 AM
Senior Members

BTW, I cannot believe you are member 986,,, this site is growing considerably... It will be interesting to see who gets number 1000... perhaps the site will blow away or disintegrate
Old 11-10-2004, 12:18 PM
Members

My Ride: 05 BMW 530i Orient Blue Metalic with Sport and Premium Package. Xenon Light. 35% tint, Red reflector, 123 type chrome rim.

Originally Posted by bleudyno' date='Nov 10 2004, 01:15 PM
There should be an option under the "Communications" menu.? When you get to the communications menu, push the idrive controller up so you can get to the sub menus.? You should be able to turn the knob (scroll) to find the bluetooth menu.? Once you find it, turn bluetooth on.? Next step, take your phone and make sure that bluetooth is on and select the "search for devices" function on your phone.? I don't have a motorola so i don't know if the wording would be the same.? After that, let it "find" your car and once it does it will ask for a code.? Just type in any code but make sure you remember it.? Then a message should pop up on your idrive screen asking if you want to pair with your phone. Select "yes" and then it'll ask you for the code you entered into your phone.? Be kind of quick because you'll only get about 15-30 seconds to enter it.? Once you do that everthing should work okay.

David
[snapback]54641[/snapback]

David,

Thank You for your invalueable information,
It work flawless!!!!!
How do you know about it? There isn't any infomation in the manual.
What I need to learn now is how to Transfer the phone book over!!!!
Old 11-10-2004, 12:24 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by SillyBear' date='Nov 10 2004, 03:18 PM
[quote name='bleudyno' date='Nov 10 2004, 01:15 PM']There should be an option under the "Communications" menu.? When you get to the communications menu, push the idrive controller up so you can get to the sub menus.? You should be able to turn the knob (scroll) to find the bluetooth menu.? Once you find it, turn bluetooth on.? Next step, take your phone and make sure that bluetooth is on and select the "search for devices" function on your phone.? I don't have a motorola so i don't know if the wording would be the same.? After that, let it "find" your car and once it does it will ask for a code.? Just type in any code but make sure you remember it.? Then a message should pop up on your idrive screen asking if you want to pair with your phone. Select "yes" and then it'll ask you for the code you entered into your phone.? Be kind of quick because you'll only get about 15-30 seconds to enter it.? Once you do that everthing should work okay.

David
[snapback]54641[/snapback]

David,

Thank You for your invalueable information,
It work flawless!!!!!
How do you know about it? There isn't any infomation in the manual.
What I need to learn now is how to Transfer the phone book over!!!!
[snapback]54668[/snapback]
[/quote]

It should do that anytime now, automatically... I believe you just need to give it sometime